Character Popularity Poll Results

Minischew

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad face that Midoriko and Mozume are at #20 and #22 place, that's pretty low :(.

On the other hand, I wasn't surprised that Sakura and Elise are in the top 10 of this poll, considering Japan's popularity on the "siscon" fetish.

Also, I wasn't surprised that most of the Fates children characters are ranked lower than the rest of the cast, with the exception of Foleo (ranked #11, mostly because he's a "trap" character, and Éponine ranked #10 for being the "yaoi" fangirl).

Either way, I was curious, suppose Nintendo of America did the same poll for North American players, do you think the results will be any different, or a bit similar? I really can't say myself for sure, but I could say that Midoriko would be ranked a LOT higher for the females more or less thanks to GameFAQs taking a shine on her (the community made her popular with stuff like "backpack loli," "drug dealer loli," and "Weedoriko"). Of course, this is coming from GameFAQs, and they are known for their...unorthodox favorites and dislikes (for the record, this is the same board that voted Draven from League of Legends as the best video game character in the Character Battle polls).

The actual cause of the Draven debacle was outside GFAQs. Anyway, I'd honestly say that the admin thinking a 243 character contest was even a remotely good idea is even stranger than that. (FFS, 128 characters is more than enough - 243 is just overkill)