Character Popularity Poll Results

Minischew

Pretty much this. Especially on the guys' side, since Leon, Takumi, and Marx (with some Joker) pretty much sweep the fanart, too. Excluding those three, despite them winning a poll everyone knows dictates DLC, does IS no favors as far as making money goes.

A Hoshido/Nohr DLC split seems most likely to me. Alternatively, the top five characters (excluding the Kamui's) are Leon, Marx, Takumi, Joker, and Ryouma and Camilla, Oboro, Elise, Aqua, and Hinoka, so 2 Hoshidans, 2 Nohrians, and 1 neutral a piece, keeping an even balance (though Sakura being the only royal who didn't make it up there is awkward).

Now that I think about it because Fates is pretty much 3 games in 1 it could be 6 males and females instead, especially when Awakening only had 2 males (Chrom and Gaius) and females (Tharja and Cordelia). We would have all 8 royals, the 2 most popular retainers being Oboro and Zero and then the 2 most popular neutral characters being Joker and Azura who join you no matter what path.

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I can complaint here is... WHY THE KAMUIS ARE SO HIGH??!!

Why waste a vote in the avatar instead of another character? Kamui isn't that interesting in my point of view, I actually wat to punch some sense in them... Damn...

Oh well, at least I'm happy because my favorite 3 charas are in the top! Yaaaay! Good Leon and Takumi still in the top good, Oboro is in the top too!! Yaaaay! Good for you girl, so proud of you! I'm so proud!

The new arts in the site look cool too, and they will add more, wonder if they will make an art for Takumi supports with Leon for the IK section O.o? The arts are based in the supports right? Saizou looks good with that clothes btw, Saizou you lucky Oboro can help haha

AHAHAHA, some japanese fans of twitter made me realise that... Takumi 3th and Oboro 3th... And now some of them are calling Takumi x Oboro = 33 haha xD

Edited by SniperGYS

I'm under the impression that this poll has quite a lot of female voters, which may explain the princes and female Kamui.

Personally, I like most characters without anyone standing out too much, and I spreaded my votes accordingly. I like Belka... and Eponine... and Lutz... and Foleo... so many that I can't fix on anyone in particular. Though I have to say that I'm disappointed that Izana and Crimson placed low. Would have liked to see them doing well, because spoilers.

I also noticed that the Nohrians are placed higher. Part of me wants to see FE going back to medieval Europe-like fantasy without any analogy to particular national stereotypes (besides the names), so I'm a tad happy to see such result.

I'm really disappointed Orochi got last, especially considering she was the first character who stood out to me when the games were first revealed. 3:

Female Corrin being so much higher than Male Corin kinda confuses me, but it's good she's well liked, all the same~

GLAD ELISE MADE 4th PLACE!! YASS BABY GIRL!! :3

It's good to see a lot of the children placed rather high~ Foleo did really well, and nice to see a lot of my favorite females pretty high up, too~

Surprised Kanna is so low on both lists and sad Flannel only got 22nd~ 3:

In general, the results kind look like what I was expecting~

As for the guys... Well, the few guys I actually care for (Xander, Corrin, THE DARK KNIGHT) all made the top 5. And here I was thinking I wouldn't care about the male results... For the girls, the maids and princesses all got fairly high, which makes me a happy camper. Too bad about Anna and Orochi though...

I love that Leo and Marx took first and second!! I'm also so happy that Jakob and Zero are the top two non-royal males and that Gunter and Benoit ranked as high as they did. I was worried no one would give those two a chance and they'd end up at the bottom.

Female Kamui being first is disappointing, though. Why would either Kamui place as high as they did let alone landing in first place??? Also, I really wish Flora had made into the top two non-royal females. If this decides who gets dlc, I'd rather have dlc of her than of Aqua. Any chance Aqua will be counted as a royal since she's supposedly a princess of Nohr?

Edited by Sir FreddyBear

Finally, lets see how the characters I liked did:

-Flannel and Nishiki being #22 and 24 is a bit disappointing.

-Benoit being #13 is nice!

-Flora being #8 is really good, especially considering she's limited in her supports.

-I'm surprised Belka did pretty well.

-I'm glad that Oboro did well on the poll, she's really one of the best characters in the game.

I'm glad Camilla got in 2nd. Maybe I should have voted for her every day. She might have won!

It's good to see Charlotte in the top 10.

Obligatory male vote got in fifth.

It's sad to see Orochi in dead last, though. I thought she'd be much higher.

Oh god with the Kamuis why

Like... okay I guess I could understand Robin, they were interesting, but really Kamui?

And why is Eponine so high up? Is it because she's just Zero's kid or...

I'm starting to really hate the main/royal characters... Without them, Zero would've placed second IIRC. ;(
This means though, that if they do bring back characters in the next FE, ala lazward/odin/luna style, Zero will be there, considering they couldn't bring back the royals.. Same as they couldn't have Chrom or Lucina.

The only thing I can complaint here is... WHY THE KAMUIS ARE SO HIGH??!!

Why waste a vote in the avatar instead of another character? Kamui isn't that interesting in my point of view, I actually wat to punch some sense in them... Damn...

I'd love to know what they find so appealing about the Avatars. I guess it's because Japan loves protagonists.

I'm gonna blame it on the fact most Japanese netizens don't have a Mary Sue stigma, so they're not as wary and critical of the obvious audience stand-in and wish fulfillments as the rest of the Internet tends to be...

That said, I'm interested to see which standard is gonna be used to pick characters to feature in a hypothetical batch of Scramble DLC if a reprise of royal siblings' fanservice weren't going to be done: Both Faction and Generational splits are going to be lacking as criteria because, outside Oboro, few Hoshidans Non-royals and Children characters managed to stand above the halfway mark that's the Top 18 and none of them managed to be part of the Top 9 group that has the better chances to be featured...

I'm glad Oboro made the top three Favorite Females! I just wish now I voted more to help my man Zero out a bit more. Oh well. At least he is in the top 10 Favorite Males.

So Eponine was the only 2nd Gen. character to make top 10 in either list this time around, huh? Hopefully this means no more poorly shoehorned children unit in future games, but only time will tell.

How the characters I like did in the poll:

Leon got 1st. Camilla, Hinoka, Flora, Ryoma and Kaze got into top 10.

Anna only Rank 31, what!? how disappointing... Also Nishiki only at 24th is a letdown.

I also liked Orochi and to be honest, Her last place on the poll is more surprising for me than the Avatars being in the top.

Don't know much about Oboro yet, but I guess she's an interesting character.

My first reaction is ewwww, why are the Kamuis that high up... I guess I'll just never understand the people who vote for self-inserts. I hate u, M!Kamui, for taking Ryouma's 5th place. Also, F!Kamui and the top 5 guys... I see what's fueling the fan arts :P

Nothing against the Awakening trio themselves, but them placing so high means we will likely get Fates characters in the next game :( At least many of the children ranked pretty low, so that will hopefully let IS know that we didn't appreciate random children that made no sense in the story. I always thought the Morgans were way cuter than the Kannas, anyway.

The royals ranked pretty much as expected, so not much to say there, but I'm very pleased with Oboro, Flora, Gunter, and Benoit's placement. Sad that Saizou didn't rank as well as Suzukaze, though...

I personally think Foleo is adorable, but I'm a little concerned that there's a bit of a fetish going on here.

I wonder how long until GSC has Camilla and Oboro figures in planning?

You say that as if you didn't think Camilla figures were planned before the game was even released.

Edited by Thane