What would your personal skill be?

nyainou

If there's one thing that I really, really like about Fates, its the personal skill feature. It adds a whole new layer to strategy and unit practicality. It makes units more unique, though in some cases it doesn't add anything new to their personality. (Like, for example, Soleil having the Girl Lover skill)

So, if you were a unit in Fates, what would your personal skill be? You don't have to make up your own, you could just refer to an existing one if it fits you well enough. Because of me and Foleo's similarities, I feel like Foul Play would make sense for me. Or, Competitive. I'm too brain dead right now to make up my own, but feel free to do that for yourself!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hunger Games Obsessession, referencing my love for Hunger Games. Spd -10, but HP 30% heal after each round & Attack&Defense +2

The most personal of personal skills. Doesn't even care about copyright xD

Ophelia's Blossoming Mind. "Equip more books, become stronger." There is basically nothing that fits me better.

I suppose if I was to suddenly become an FEFates unit and needed an original personal skill, though, then "Fairy's Gift: CRIT +3 for every staff equipped" would work as well. Equip a bunch of staffs, get better at killing people. Yeeees >:3

Pitiable Negligence

Any fight I participate in is counted as an automatic loss. The enemy doesn't kill me.

They only shake their head out of both pity and disgrace and walk away. They lose 1 XP (if applicable). I lose any remaining dignity I have. And I also gain 1 XP.

I predict a lot of people making self-deprecating comments to avoid embarrassing themselves, lol.

My personal skill:

Animal Ally: At the start of the players turn, adjacent (or paired) allies that are mounted, Garou or Spirit Foxes recover 10% HP. This unit also gains 10% HP if it is a mounted class.

Edited by NekoKnight

I predict a lot of people making self-deprecating comments to avoid embarrassing themselves, lol.

Real life people aren't tropey enough to warrant a personal skill.

I don't give a fuck so I'll do it.

Homophony - If hit by a Rally, copies it. So if someone uses Rally Strength and I'd be hit by it, I'd also use Rally Strength.

Real life people aren't tropey enough to warrant a personal skill.

That's true, but a personal skill may also refer to a particular talent someone has.

For instance, if I had a personal skill, it would be something along the lines of Tormod's Celerity. I ran cross country competitively for 7 years. Though I'm not in racing shape (meaning that I'm not as fast as I used to be), I still am capable of doing hour+ runs. So I guess my personal skill would grant +1 to the movement stat.

Edited by Leif

Overt Sexuality - Makes an enemy unit Uncomfortable after scoring a hit.

Uncomfortable units are too ashamed of their bodies to move next turn.

I don't give a fuck so I'll do it.

Homophony - If hit by a Rally, copies it. So if someone uses Rally Strength and I'd be hit by it, I'd also use Rally Strength

That's true, but a personal skill may also refer to a particular talent someone has.

For instance, if I had a personal skill, it would be something along the lines of Tormod's Celerity. I ran cross country competitively for 7 years. Though I'm not in racing shape (meaning that I'm not as fast as I used to be), I still am capable of doing hour+ runs. So I guess my personal skill would grant +1 to the movement stat.

These actually sound pretty good. I've updated my post to contribute to the thread.

Slumber: When the command "Sleep" is chosen, unit falls asleep and recovers 20% HP and gains +2 Skl and +4 Lck each turn*. However, unit will continue sleeping even when attacked (and cannot counterattack), and will only wake up if a higher leveled unit Pairs Up with them.

*Stats will max out at +6 Skl/+12 Lck. Added benefits will only last for one Turn.

It refers to how I function much better after I sleep (don't we all though, lmao), but how I can't wake up to save shit. You literally have to yell in my face multiple times for me to get up. (Hence, I need a higher leveled unit to kick my arse into action.)

Edited by Minischew

• Tactical Genius: May select one paired unit or two separate units and place them outside of their deployment zone anywhere on the map so long as they do not occupy the space of another unit. This skill will not activate unless the user is deployed on the map.
  • If the character is named Ursakar E. Creed, then you may redeploy your entire army in this way

EDIT: wait. I didn't write this! It must have been someone else! But who? Infiltrating my computer would have taken a tactical genius.......

CRRRREEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDD!

Edited by warchiefwilliams

Procrastinator - If user's HP is below 25%, crit rate +10, if above 75%, hit rate -5

I guess this would reference how I take forever to get anything done, but when it comes to crunch time, I usually pull through. I'm not sure if this would be this best way to reflect that mechanics-wise, though. ^^'

Edited by LeopardFire

My personal skill:

Animal Ally: At the start of the players turn, adjacent (or paired) allies that are mounted, Garou or Spirit Foxes recover 10% HP. This unit also gains 10% HP if it is a mounted class.

Whoa... that is almost exactly what my personal skill would be. But to keep in line with the "personal" part of the personal skill, here are a few that'd fit me.

Animal Enthusiast: When adjacent to an ally with the Beast, Dragon, or Flying subtype, +10% Hit and +2 Damage. (I'm an animal lover.)

or

Sunny Side: When in Guard Stance, increase ally's lowest stat by +5. (I'm that friend who'll keep telling you that you're better than you think you are.)

Edited by Grimalkenkid

Whoa... that is almost exactly what my personal skill would be. But to keep in line with the "personal" part of the personal skill, here are a few that'd fit me.

Animal Enthusiast: When adjacent to an ally with the Beast, Dragon, or Flying subtype, +10% Hit and +2 Damage. (I'm an animal lover.)

or

Sunny Side: When in Guard Stance, increase ally's lowest by +5. (I'm that friend who'll keep telling you that you're better than you think you are.)

I assume Sunny Side refers to their lowest stat. Wouldn't that be pretty bad if they got +magic as a physical unit?

Animal's Worth(Idk):When facing human characters +3 all stats, but when against beast, mounted characters, -3 all stats (like would i have to kill the thing they ride on? i would be confused and depressed) (Oh yeah cause humans are considered animals)

Emotionless Guilt: + 3 All Stats in battle (trouble of how to feel about things)

Vengeful Killer: +4 all stats when ally dies/ gets defeated (mess with my friendos and your dead :D)

I assume Sunny Side refers to their lowest stat. Wouldn't that be pretty bad if they got +magic as a physical unit?

Yes, it is. I just made a typo. :sweatdrop:

I was going to put "+5 to the two lowest stats" but I'm not that good at cheering people up. Honestly, my personal would probably be the animal one.

I think something like Friendship Oath would be what I'd have. Probably not for just one person though. Probably something like if I'd have an A support with someone they'd get the bonus. Which is pretty boring now that I think about it, since it sounds like basically just an enhanced support bonus. Ooh if those affinity things were still around I think applying it to people with the same affinity would be would be more interesting.

Edited by Hatsuoki