What would your personal skill be?

nyainou

Unorthodox thinker: +3 damage given, -3 damage recieved against enemies with no weakneses, -1 damage given, +1 damage recieved against enemies with weakneses.

Reading break: removes temporary debuffs from self. Acts as a rally.

Edited by sirmola

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Otakubreaker - Grants 50% hit/avo when fighting characters with katanas.

Edit: grants 50% hit/avo when fighting NOHRIAN characters with katanas - hm, maybe it should be called Weeabobreaker in that case.

Shut up, I'm funny.

Besides the other skill I have (i prefer that one) I think one that would work is

Edgebreaker - Slayer of those who yell about how insane and how they love murdering. The more kills an enemy gets, +10 to stats.

i know so many people like this irl it bugs me

Otakubreaker - Grants 50% hit/avo when fighting characters with katanas.

Edit: grants 50% hit/avo when fighting NOHRIAN characters with katanas - hm, maybe it should be called Weeabobreaker in that case.

Shut up, I'm funny.

My OC is a Nohrian character using a Naginata (far superior to the "lances" used by white piggu gaijin). Come at me bro.

#beatingthesystem

Regretful fake insomniac - hit increased by 2 each turn after turn 5. Avoid decreased by 2 each turn after turn 5.

Basically I'm saying that i night, i sometimes refuse to sleep, during the day i pay the price, more likely to get the job done, but more likely to get hit because im careless

Harsh Protection: If user is support partner in guard stance and lead unit has a C support or more and is less than 50% health, all stats +2 and guard stance gauge fills faster. At the expense of being constantly ridiculed by me. "Damn moron! Stop getting hit or I'll kill you!"

Edited by MidoriMage

... Okay, sure. One of these two.

(1) Whenever an ally within 2 panels is at 50% HP or lower: they gain +20% Evade, +20% Crit Evade. You gain +10% Skill Activation (non-stackable). Maybe Hit and Crit too, but I think just those'd be good. Numbers can be whatever is appropriate.

(2) Enemies within 2 panels can't use the skills Counter or Magic Counter.

Can you tell how much I hate random number crap? Or how much I hate those two skills? Seriously, Counter punishes you for being better than your opponent. Heck, you could say those skills make the enemy grind for you - the more he grinds, the more he hurts himself, and it ignores every last defensive stat he has.

Seriously though, if any one were to actually make it in the game, it'd be the first one. I think I'd take a Kamui with that, even if it was only for his lead unit.

Edited by CaelK

Isolation: Negates the effects of Attack and Guard Stance for both the user and the opponent.

make me the final boss of awakening guys i'll stop these lowman gangbang strats dead in their tracks

Edited by X-Naut

I don't give a fuck so I'll do it.

Homophony - If hit by a Rally, copies it. So if someone uses Rally Strength and I'd be hit by it, I'd also use Rally Strength.

Whoops guess I should expand. Basically I sing. I may not be good at it but I sing. And enjoy it!

Blazing Soul - All stats raised by 3, crit increased by 5, move increased by 1. All fire based attacks crit you.

This is a personal thing, in all games I play I seem to have a crazy aversion to fire based damage. It all started in world of tanks where my tank would be at 98% health but all my crew would die to the ammo rack catching fire, my friends rag me on it and it's never gone away. Doesn't matter what game I'm playing now... if there is fire... I die in it.

Hm, this is a tough one but I think I got something.

Concentration: When fighting the same enemy multiple times in a row, stats +1. Resets whenever I fight a new enemy.

Or if that's too OP. . .

One Step Ahead: When an enemy attacks, automatically equip any weapon that has an advantage against it in the weapon triangle. Doesn't work if I don't have an appropriate weapon in my inventory.

Besides the other skill I have (i prefer that one) I think one that would work is

Edgebreaker - Slayer of those who yell about how insane and how they love murdering. The more kills an enemy gets, +10 to stats.

i know so many people like this irl it bugs me

You are my new favorite person. People trying to be edgy, be it in real life, on the internet or even in fiction, is something that I absolutely can't stand. It's also why I get suspicious whenever I hear the words "mature story", or anything along those lines, since some people's idea of mature is actually, genuinely wanting Mario to be bloodier and feature swearing.

My OC is a Nohrian character using a Naginata (far superior to the "lances" used by white piggu gaijin). Come at me bro.

#beatingthesystem

It can't beat my GLORIOUS NIPPON STEEL FOLDED A THOUSAND TIMES, INFUSED WITH THE SPIRIT OF NOBLE SAMURAI, THEIR LONG, BLUE HAIR SWAYING IN THE WIND AS THEY NOBLY DUELLED THEIR WAY TO GLORY IN FIELDS FILLED WITH CHERRY BLOSSOMS.

Edited by Thane

You are my new favorite person. People trying to be edgy, be it in real life, on the internet or even in fiction, is something that I absolutely can't stand. It's also why I get suspicious whenever I hear the words "mature story", or anything along those lines, since some people's idea of mature is actually, genuinely wanting Mario to be bloodier and feature swearing

It depends on the definition of edgy. I like making things darker if it fits, or creepier rather, but I try an avoid the "nothing personnel" kid type stuff. Irl I am averted to that strongly and I get a lot of it when I help with class grading in English! So yes I would be Edgebreaker.

It depends on the definition of edgy. I like making things darker if it fits, or creepier rather, but I try an avoid the "nothing personnel" kid type stuff. Irl I am averted to that strongly and I get a lot of it when I help with class grading in English! So yes I would be Edgebreaker.

Oh sure, I like a well-told darker story as well, I just think there are few video games that actually have the writers capable of pulling it off and the respect for its own narrative. Let's be honest, we usually end up with more "nothing personnel, kid" than Majora's Mask. I also really don't like it when people instantly believe that the quality of a work of fiction is improved just because a character dies; some people seem to think that dark/edgy = good, while that's just not the case.

Oh sure, I like a well-told darker story as well, I just think there are few video games that actually have the writers capable of pulling it off and the respect for its own narrative. Let's be honest, we usually end up with more "nothing personnel, kid" than Majora's Mask. I also really don't like it when people instantly believe that the quality of a work of fiction is improved just because a character dies; some people seem to think that dark/edgy = good, while that's just not the case.

I read so much of that type of stuff in school omfg. I think this personal skill is pretty good but I still like the other one.

Edgebreaker could also be a sword. Yes.... this is perfect...

Hypercritical: All weapons can deal Critical Hits, but Critical Hits only do ×2 damage instead of ×3.

Alternatively,

Hypocritical: Critical Rate -10, but Critical Hits deal ×4 damage instead of ×3.

I've been considering the former for a while because BOLT AXE and the latter sort of followed naturally.

I would have had a skill about yaoi fanfiction but there already is one

Hypercritical: All weapons can deal Critical Hits, but Critical Hits only do ×2 damage instead of ×3.

Alternatively,

Hypocritical: Critical Rate -10, but Critical Hits deal ×4 damage instead of ×3.

I've been considering the former for a while because BOLT AXE and the latter sort of followed naturally.

I would have had a skill about yaoi fanfiction but there already is one

Punny.

I know these are personal skills and should be weaker than normal ones but I think Hypercritical would be fair enough without the damage reduction. Nerfing your damage to allow a few select weapons (which naturally don't have any crit bonus) to critical hit doesn't sound 'worth it'.

Punny.

I know these are personal skills and should be weaker than normal ones but I think Hypercritical would be fair enough without the damage reduction. Nerfing your damage to allow a few select weapons (which naturally don't have any crit bonus) to critical hit doesn't sound 'worth it'.

True...

My only concern was that it would practically invalidate weapon ranks because with the inexpensive nature of Bronze weapons you could just make a quick and dirty Bronze Axe +3 with 4000G and 11 gems and I'm already basically at C Rank.

Then again, forging already breaks weapon balance, and Brigand/Bandit/Robber weapons already exist to break the standards of E-Rank.

Maybe a better way to stay in that golden "sounds cool and is objectively a benefit but rarely makes an actual difference in gameplay" sweetspot Personal Skills have would be:

Hypercritical: Weapons that normally can't Critical Hit can Critical Hit with half the normal Critical Hit Rate.

Edited by gayserbeam