If You Could "Revive" a Game Series, Which One Would You Choose?

CooledEvergreen

I want a Legend of Legaia... Something. A new sequel. A remake of the first game. Or even just a remaster that fixes that god damned freezing bug at the second to last dungeon when you play on a PS3. The creature designs were really cool for a ps1 game and the battle system was a lot of fun. Bring back Legaia!

Also, megaman and Onimusha. Shitty mobile games do not a series revival make, Capcom!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God lord, what a bunch of greedy bastards!

Banjo-Kazooie. Because they were so good generally speaking and pretty creative too!

Also Bomberman, Rayman a little more to say the least, Ganbare Goemon, Jedi Knight Series, ...

There's a big chance that if it does get revived,we'd have another Nuts and Bolts.

Golden Sun needs to get revived.I want to know what happened to Felix before/during Dark Dawn.

There's a big chance that if it does get revived,we'd have another Nuts and Bolts.

Golden Sun needs to get revived.I want to know what happened to Felix before/during Dark Dawn.

That's another big one needed too.

Edited by Edrall

other m was not that bad though

well i mean the characterisations had chainsaws taken to them but it was fun to play

Did we play the same game?

It was a broken, linear one button beat-em-up with gaudy monster and character design, annoying stops in the action for frustrating pixel hunts, and no final boss battle against the main bad guy. The control scheme is awful, the levels are trite (Jungle, Ice, Lava, Corridor, could you be more stereotypical?), the script makes George Lucas look like a poet, the voice acting monotone (which isn't the voice actors fault, Sakamoto insisted on directing the english language version), the music is bland, and the camera is almost as voyeuristic as Dead or Alive when it isn't locked into the most obnoxious position possible if you try to backtrack.

That's not even getting into the massive character assassination that turns an independent, courageous one lady army into a simpering lackey who gets taken down by being shot in the back by her drunken abusive father figure... who she then proceeds to thank for doing so. Or the meandering plot which does not resolve either of it's two insulting arcs, Ridley or the Deleter, in any way because that would require Samus to actually accomplish something other then THANK ADAM FOR SHOOTING HER IN THE BACK.

There is NOTHING of worth in Metroid The Other M, and it tarnished the Metroid brand to the point where there has not been a new Metroid game, in FIVE YEARS.

But that's getting slightly off topic, so I would just like to add I'd like to see the 3D Final Fantasy remakes back on Square's agenda, since III and IV were formative for me and the iOS versions are badly made garbage from an art stand point.

Did we play the same game?

It was a broken, linear one button beat-em-up with gaudy monster and character design, annoying stops in the action for frustrating pixel hunts, and no final boss battle against the main bad guy. The control scheme is awful, the levels are trite (Jungle, Ice, Lava, Corridor, could you be more stereotypical?), the script makes George Lucas look like a poet, the voice acting monotone (which isn't the voice actors fault, Sakamoto insisted on directing the english language version), the music is bland, and the camera is almost as voyeuristic as Dead or Alive when it isn't locked into the most obnoxious position possible if you try to backtrack.

That's not even getting into the massive character assassination that turns an independent, courageous one lady army into a simpering lackey who gets taken down by being shot in the back by her drunken abusive father figure... who she then proceeds to thank for doing so. Or the meandering plot which does not resolve either of it's two insulting arcs, Ridley or the Deleter, in any way because that would require Samus to actually accomplish something other then THANK ADAM FOR SHOOTING HER IN THE BACK.

There is NOTHING of worth in Metroid The Other M, and it tarnished the Metroid brand to the point where there has not been a new Metroid game, in FIVE YEARS.

But that's getting slightly off topic, so I would just like to add I'd like to see the 3D Final Fantasy remakes back on Square's agenda, since III and IV were formative for me and the iOS versions are badly made garbage from an art stand point.

Written by a person who clearly did not understand the game and does not even know what a good game is. Other M is not bad.

Star Wars Rogue Squadron. I know that some of what happened in those games isn't apart of Disney's canon, but I would like to see some missions in the Rebels game have the sort of feel of Rogue Squadron. Not to mention that Star Wars has impressive launch titles every console generation, with the Gamecube's Rogue Leader probably being the best (and hardest) of the trilogy on the whole (except raid on Sullust, that mission in RS was bullshit).

Written by a person who clearly did not understand the game and does not even know what a good game is. Other M is not bad.

I sourced my reasons for why it's horrible. Unless you can dispute any of those, you really don't have a leg to stand on.

The Metroid franchise was built upon it's non-linearity, it's atmosphere and music, and it's strong female protagonist. Other M fundamentally cut the legs out from under all three, for the sake of a nonsensical cinematic story. All because the butcher got jealous that the American team was doing better with daddy's tool then he was.

Mega Man. If anything, I'd like for them to continue the Maverick Hunter X remakes.

I agree. Pity that Capcom decided that Megaman doesn't sell after they burnt people out with too many rapid spinoffs and sequels.

I sourced my reasons for why it's horrible. Unless you can dispute any of those, you really don't have a leg to stand on.

The Metroid franchise was built upon it's non-linearity, it's atmosphere and music, and it's strong female protagonist. Other M fundamentally cut the legs out from under all three, for the sake of a nonsensical cinematic story. All because the butcher got jealous that the American team was doing better with daddy's tool then he was.

I can dispute your reasons, but right now I'm on mobile. As soon as I can get to a computer, I'll elaborate my own thoughts.

I can dispute your reasons, but right now I'm on mobile. As soon as I can get to a computer, I'll elaborate my own thoughts.

Don't. I see this escalating, and this isn't the place for such a conversation. Make another topic or take it to PM.

Star Wars Rogue Squadron. I know that some of what happened in those games isn't apart of Disney's canon, but I would like to see some missions in the Rebels game have the sort of feel of Rogue Squadron. Not to mention that Star Wars has impressive launch titles every console generation, with the Gamecube's Rogue Leader probably being the best (and hardest) of the trilogy on the whole (except raid on Sullust, that mission in RS was bullshit).

On that note, Star Wars X-Wing/TIE Fighter.

Sims are coming back, so why not bring back the classics? Considering the number of resources which could be reused (from Battlefront and to other projects), there really is no reason not to.

• 2 weeks later...

Valkyria chronicles seeing as the last game was a japan only released in 2011 it is dead.
Though there is one condition it is everything like the first game and nothing like either sequel.

(has anyone said half life yet?) (I'm sorry I will leave.)

Edited by Mackc2

Yes Rogue Squadron was awesome. Rogue Leader was such a badass game still looks great today. They could even make some more with the new trilogy although I don't know how it would be without factor 5 heading it. EA would probably screw it up.

Yes Rogue Squadron was awesome. Rogue Leader was such a badass game still looks great today. They could even make some more with the new trilogy although I don't know how it would be without factor 5 heading it. EA would probably screw it up.

That's an inevitability. Electronic Arts is exploitative to the extreme. Five Paid DLC packs for a game that only has four maps and no campaign?

Mine is a toss up between Legends of Dragoon, Megaman X, and Ogre Battle. I think Dead Island 2 was indefinitely post-poned as well and that depresses me, despite it's issues I prefer it over Dying Light. I wasn't happy with Star Wars Battlefront from Dice so something that followed the original instead of trying to be Battlefield or Call of Duty Star Wars edition would be nice.

Star Wars Republic Commando.

I mean it only had one game (we don't talk about the mobile game), but it was a really fun FPS.

But it's not going to happen because Disney doesn't want to acknowledge the EU.

At least the mechanics aren't broken and the Speed Booster and Screw Attack finally got to work well in 3D.

At least the mechanics aren't broken and the Speed Booster and Screw Attack finally got to work well in 3D.

Yeah, I agree.

The story and dialogue are one thing. They're a complete mess than only makes every character involved (Adam and Samus mainly) look worse than before. The way the Deleter plot line ends is insanely unfulfilling. I'd argue that Anthony was the only competently written character or even competently written anything.

However, Other M's gameplay is actually pretty good. There's a ton of improvements to the gameplay and I actually wouldn't mind it being the template for any Metroid Wii U/NX if it isn't 2D/Prime.

I will say that the way missiles worked was really bad though. I get that they need to be aimed in a 3D plane, but Lock-on would be a much better strategy than having to turn the Wii Remote 90 degrees.

The Warcraft RTS games. Ever since World of Warcraft was released, there have been little talks and rumors of a 4th Warcraft, and even some of the people of Blizzard said it has been talked about, but there has only been one thing, which was Blizzard saying that after Star Craft II's last expansion is released, which was Legacy of the Void, that they would start working on a Warcraft 4. Unfortunately with Blizzard, this could mean that it either goes into development for 20 years, or starts on development, only to be scrapped.

The Marvel Ultimate Alliance games were fun too. They werent the best games out there, but there really isnt any kind of halfway decent marvel game outside of this and xmen legends. That and it was always fun to have that large cast of characters ranging from your really well known characters, to the smaller characters like Cable.