Chapter 5 Cutscene + 15 Minutes gameplay footage in English

RidellCrimea

Zero's voice sounds terrible and I love it!

I love bad dubs, I had such fun moments playing Shenmue and hearing those terrible voices... listening to pilot interviews in GX... ah, good times, good times.

Ah, I'm being 100% honest. I prefer a bad dub over a mediocre one or a overacted american dub.

A single, fairly warbled line equals everything sounding really bad? Umm... can't quite follow you there.

And please. Japanese VA's are just as badly "over-acted" 9 times out of 10, if not even moreso.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zero's voice sounds terrible and I love it!

I love bad dubs, I had such fun moments playing Shenmue and hearing those terrible voices... listening to pilot interviews in GX... ah, good times, good times.

Ah, I'm being 100% honest. I prefer a bad dub over a mediocre one or a overacted american dub.

It's not really a bad voice in my opinion, it's just the echoing effect that makes it sound weird.

Why there's a echo in the first place? The other Fates IGN video didn't have it.

And Japanese VAs tend to overact even more than the american ones.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Edited by Water Mage

It's not really a bad voice in my opinion, it's just the echoing effect that makes it sound weird.

Why there's a echo in the first place? The other Fates IGN video didn't have it.

I have a feeling that IGN purposefully added the echo to this video, for reasons I do not know. Or... Their audio was just messing up and (for some reason) making the voices of the characters.. echo. It's not a sound reasoning, but it is all I've got.

Edit: Double post. My bad. (Damn you, crappy internet.)

Edited by TravelerDaze

IGN has a bad rep lately from what I heard. I don't like their reviews because half of the time they don't know what their talking about (Kingdom Hearts). Gamexplain preview was at least honest saying they don't know much and that their not good at the game. Honest feedback is great

Malig Knight made me laugh to be honest, but a good sort of laugh cuz it reminds me of the rock malignite, and it kinda works since Nohr has some industry in rock mining? I know, really odd connection but I like how it plays like a pun with the rock aha

IGN has a bad rep lately from what I heard. I don't like their reviews because half of the time they don't know what their talking about (Kingdom Hearts). Gamexplain preview was at least honest saying they don't know much and that their not good at the game. Honest feedback is great

It's not that they don't know about Kingdom Hearts, it's that they don't want to know about Kingdom Hearts.

They only do reviews about it because they a forced to.

Kingdom Hearts is simply too popular, and they hate the fact that it's popular.

And their reason for hating it is just so petty.

I don't think I ever praised Japanese dubs in my post, guys... no need to get so defensive, I would rather not hear Felicia's Japanese voice as much as you (not including people who like these voices!), BUT I get a similar reaction when I hear Brice Papenbrook and Liam O'Brien...

Plus there are American voice actors I like, like Jamieson Price and Johnny Yong Bosch. And Matthew Mercer did voice one of my waifus.

Guys

Mozume's new name is Mozu?

Isn't that the name of the chapter 3 boss?

The real problem with Mozume's name is that it's already been used in the same game

I don't think I ever praised Japanese dubs in my post, guys... no need to get so defensive, I would rather not hear Felicia's Japanese voice as much as you (not including people who like these voices!), BUT I get a similar reaction when I hear Brice Papenbrook and Liam O'Brien...

Plus there are American voice actors I like, like Jamieson Price and Johnny Yong Bosch. And Matthew Mercer did voice one of my waifus.

You are no longer welcome here.

Guys

The real problem with Mozume's name is that it's already been used in the same game

They'll probably just change it. I assume they also changed Luna because... the skill is also Luna...

It's not that they don't know about Kingdom Hearts, it's that they don't want to know about Kingdom Hearts.

They only do reviews about it because they a forced to.

Kingdom Hearts is simply too popular, and they hate the fact that it's popular.

And their reason for hating it is just so petty.

Didn't know about that. I lost it when they said xehanort's name. Even then, it feels awful to be forced to like a game when some people don't. IGN could have put people that liked in game in the team but idk. Still makes me cringe Edited by Alvic

Didn't know about that. I lost it when they said xehanort's name. Even then, it feels awful to be forced to like a game when some people don't. IGN could have put people that liked in game in the team but idk. Still makes me cringe

Sure it sucks to review a game you don't like, but they should have at least show some professionalism, they are being paid to do that after all.

Just look at their KH articles, it's so umprofessional it hurts.

Which makes me wonder what would they say if they say about Fire Emblem if they didn't like it.

And talking about voices, I know I'm wrong, but it feels like all male characters in the IGN video are voiced by Matthew Mercer.

Also, Liam O'Briem has a godly sexy voice, those who dislike him are infidels.

Edited by Water Mage

Now I'm just being mean.

True but we don't mention the SH2 and SH3 dubs. They don't exist.

But I can't hate him after being Akihiko.

And talking about voices, I know I'm wrong, but it feels like all male characters in the IGN video are voiced by Matthew Mercer.

Thank you.

And it would have been funny if it were both Matthew Mercer and Troy Baker. Just talking to each other.

I don't mind the name changes. Selena is a nice name. Niles is a cool name. I like the meaning behind malig knight. Beruka is kinda awkward though,would of preferred belka but oh well. Also thank god they changed kunai to dagger.

Sure it sucks to review a game you don't like, but they should have at least show some professionalism, they are being paid to do that after all.

Just look at their KH articles, it's so umprofessional it hurts.

Which makes me wonder what would they say if they say about Fire Emblem if they didn't like it.

Thats true. Which is why IGN sucks.

I thought I was the only one. Then again when I was looking at Awakening pre-release stuff three years ago I could've sworn that everyone was voiced by Troy Baker....

I'd comment on all of this but truly there are no words. Or, rather, there are so many I don't know where I would ever begin.

What an amazingly ludricrous localization this is turning out to be. I don't want to say "I told you so," but...I told you so.

I'd comment on all of this but truly there are no words. Or, rather, there are so many I don't know where I would ever begin.

What an amazingly ludricrous localization this is turning out to be. I don't want to say "I told you so," but...I told you so.

So you'll come out of the woodwork just to say "I told you so"?

You're forgetting that the majority of what we've seen is perfectly fine, and that every FE localization has a bunch of name changes that people moan about.

Also, "ludicrous"? I guess Okami also has a "ludicrous" localization as well? I wouldn't go around calling things ludicrous, and then going on to behave like the it's some objective fact. The only thing that's really questionable is "Beruka"; "Mozu" lines up with the aforementioned Okami-style localization of Japanese names, and "Malig Knight" is most likely due to character limitations.

I personally think your idea of doing an FE14 re-write for the sake of guilt-tripping fans of it and trying to make them question their choice of buying a game is ludicrous (and to down-right fan-hater levels); I never said anything of the sort when you brought it up in the other thread.

Considering your posting history, I'm starting to wonder if your member title's a joke or a warning.