torifae

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makalov is one of my favourite characters in the series. He's so awesome. <3

Though I've always pronounced his name 'Mak-A-Loav'. XD

Edited by Swordsalmon

More like who doesn't like Mak a lov. This guy is awesome.

Nah, I don't like him.

yay!

He's a uber sexy, badass beast. How can you not like him?

uber sexy? badass beast??? wtf? running away from debt isn't exactly what I call "badass" (Well I guess I'm not one to tell you you're wrong)

I think Mak is an amusing character. I don't particularly care for him as a unit, though. In fact, he and Geoffrey are the only two Paladins in this game I don't like using.

Mak is roughly level 10 as a paladin my game and has 21 strength, speed, and defense (+2 point swing one way or another.)

He uses swords so skill isn't much of a problem. Swords are the most accurate weapon type.

Basically, I am glad I used him even though his starting stats are kind of pathetic.

He's got around the same stats for me (and is also roughly level 10). Skill is 18 and he rarely misses, if ever. Definitely one of the best Paladins in this game. If all goes well, he'll cap Str, Def and Spd and since I'm going to use this file for transferring purposes, he'll definitely need the boost.

Which is why Makalov is awesome! PINK HAIR!!!!!

yay!

uber sexy? badass beast??? wtf? running away from debt isn't exactly what I call "badass" (Well I guess I'm not one to tell you you're wrong)

Why? :(

what's not to love?
he has an afro, its pink, and has orange armor

I really just don't find him all awesome especially compared with all the other fire emblem units. I like the more badass ones like Joshua, Boyd, Raven, Ike, Sothe, etc.

Axes are more accurate due to WTA.

Okay, I'm not sure what WTA stands for, and second, you're wrong.

Axes are probably more accurate against spear units, which are the most common enemy. That much is true. But saying axes are the most accurate type is false because they have the lowest hit rate out of all the weapons of equivalent level. Then you take into account that most people that use axes as their main weapon tend to have fairly bland skill growths (not always true, but for the most part, axe guys have the worst caps if nothing else), and you have the least accurate weapon type.

Axes are more accurate due to WTA.

...no. Lances don't even make up 50% of enemy weapons, let alone the near-100% that this implies.

Then you take into account that most people that use axes as their main weapon tend to have fairly bland skill growths (not always true, but for the most part, axe guys have the worst caps if nothing else), and you have the least accurate weapon type.

quite untrue. Boyd's skill cap is 28, and he has a 50% skill growth. Kieran also has a 50% skill growth, though a 26 cap. Compare that with Ike, the guy with (I think..) the highest total growths of non-prepromo/laguz units, who also has a 50% skill growth and a 27 cap. Really, only swordmasters and snipers have higher skill than axe d00ds.

Actually... this game's snipers and swordmasters don't have higher skill growths...

Edited by Reikken