Things you wish school taught you.

IceBrand

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i mean dogs are cooler, better, all around superior, and don't look like the spawn of satan but anyway

i wish my school had an anatomy and physiology class

also i wish regarding sciences that they had specialty classes (focusing on cancer, the heart, etc.)

Anyways, every creature is different. Don't judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, cats and dogs may be similar but they're not the same.

But weren't we literally comparing animal intelligence? You can't argue something isn't intellegent and then say "oh well there's no basis for comparison anyway".

All of the dogs I've known are literally idiots. They can't even do the things they were bred and trained for right. Although calling them aggressive might be a better way to sum up their behaviors.

Meanwhile I feel like my cats understand me, even when they weren't bred or trained for anything. Sometimes they leave the house for weeks at a time and then show up at home alive and well, apparently having hunted for themselves.

I don't like dogs because I don't find them very intelligent. However, wolves I like. You can't not like wolves (unless you had some past trauma involving them or something like that)

I'm about 99% sure that is one of the most subjective analyses I've seen. There are plenty of intelligent dogs and plenty of nonaggressive dogs. Just cuz you haven't seen 'em doesn't mean they don't exist. It doesn't matter if you like dogs or not at the end of the day but "all dogs are not intelligent" is literally objectively wrong.

All of the dogs I've known are literally idiots. They can't even do the things they were bred and trained for right. Although calling them aggressive might be a better way to sum up their behaviors.

Meanwhile I feel like my cats understand me, even when they weren't bred or trained for anything. Sometimes they leave the house for weeks at a time and then show up at home alive and well, apparently having hunted for themselves.

I don't like dogs because I don't find them very intelligent. However, wolves I like. You can't not like wolves (unless you had some past trauma involving them or something like that)

what the fuck

I clicked on the quote button and suddenly a crate of fedoras just fell right on top of me

I'm suing you for damages to both my physical and mental health

This is such a weird turnaround. How does your thought process go from "dogs suck" to "how can you not like wolves"?

I'm about 99% sure that is one of the most subjective analyses I've seen. There are plenty of intelligent dogs and plenty of nonaggressive dogs. Just cuz you haven't seen 'em doesn't mean they don't exist. It doesn't matter if you like dogs or not at the end of the day but "all dogs are not intelligent" is literally objectively wrong.

OK why are you twisting my words?

EDIT: By the way by aggressive I meant they attack each other and other domestic animals. They don't actually hurt people.

Edited by Kay Faraday

OK why are you twisting my words?

EDIT: By the way by aggressive I meant they attack each other and other domestic animals. They don't actually hurt people.

dogs certainly can be aggressive, like every other hunter (like cats, for what it's worth)

but they're not remarkably aggressive in general as far as those animals go. with trained dogs you shouldn't be encountering alarming levels of aggression

i'm sorry you have apparently only known aggressive dogs, but this isn't indicative of dogs as a whole

You sure bout that?

Anyway this is kind of a dumb argument and I'm gonna step off before this thread gets locked or smth

Anyway this is kind of a dumb argument and I'm gonna step off before this thread gets locked or smth

If this had occurred to you in the first place then this wouldn't be a fucking problem!

If this had occurred to you in the first place then this wouldn't be a fucking problem!

chill

Edited by Specta