What if Fire Emblem was more popular than Pokémon?

NewDisplayName

Then this community would be much, much bigger, and with bigger communities comes larger divisions in each generation of Fire Emblem. xD

Then it would be run by a terrible company like TPCi

Just wondering, what's terrible about them? This isn't a defense post or anything, genuine curiosity. : )

Then this community would be much, much bigger, and with bigger communities comes larger divisions in each generation of Fire Emblem. xD

Just wondering, what's terrible about them? This isn't a defense post or anything, genuine curiosity. : )

it's a number of things like how they basically ruined the dub of the anime. The most recent one was the suing a cafe owner for more than he could afford for throwing a pokemon party using copyrighted art because he took fees to pay for the party equipment. People debated the legal aspects till the cows came home when that wasn't even the problem

you could probably find more things they've done if you looked hard enough

For Fire Emblem to become more popular than Pokemon, it would probably have to change a few mechanics.

Your entire army could be made up of multiple copies of a single unit if you want.

Recruitment will be RNG based, but you can increase your odds by dealing damage to them.- "I refuse to join". *stabs him* "OK now I'll join you"

All new characters can be given a nickname

And once FE is more popular than Pokémon, we might get a new game(s) every year, though with fewer variations between games, but we'd all be ok with that.

As Marth (or Ash Stabem) goes to each continent, he drops his entire army (that he keeps in tiny balls of course) except for Jagen, who has electric pouches in his cheeks and only says his own name.

His eternal rivals are Roy and his Marcus.

I guess that would mean Elbert is the Pokemon researcher.

I could stay with that trend. The others would have to be: Byron, old Hector, Greil, old Eliwood, Uther, Cuan. Did I miss any good ones? I'm speaking from limited experience here.

Edited by Spaghettimaster

So the gist of this thread is that FE's concept would become more or less the same as pokémon's

Somehow I'm not really buying this in fact, I think that theory is bluntly, but accurately called bullshit.

Edited by Gradivus.

Then Fire Emblem would be more popular. Popularity wouldn't necessarily change anything in either series. You might get a long running anime and more games, but they don't necessarily have to change anything to run them and different seasons could run different regions or eras no need to make the show exclusively focus on Marth just because Pokemon hasn't change it's primary character.

it's a number of things like how they basically ruined the dub of the anime. The most recent one was the suing a cafe owner for more than he could afford for throwing a pokemon party using copyrighted art because he took fees to pay for the party equipment. People debated the legal aspects till the cows came home when that wasn't even the problem

you could probably find more things they've done if you looked hard enough

That loser was a total scumbag for using a registered trademark/copyright to make a profit.

It wouldn't have been so bad if he hadn't blabbed and whined online. He was going to get off either scot-free or with a very small dee, but because he started a crowd funding thing for the 3,000 dollars, he got the full punishment. He wanted to pay in in increments, but iirc, he almost wouldn't have even had to. That's how law works; you don't whine and expect others to pay a fee like 3,000 dollars.

He was at fault in all ways. Not just law, but by serving alcoholic Pokemon themed drinks. Do you actually think TPCI wanted Pokemon, a children's series, associated with alcohol by any means?

Either way, I've noticed that people constantly complain when an IP's owner actually does what they should and hands out at least C&Ds. The outcry to the end of Project M was laughable. By similar merits, Toby Fox for instance should totally hit Yandere Simulator for the totally obvious Sans stuff.

Omgads, where did you find that? That is amazing!

Somebody on deviant art made it for their (lucky as all hell) sister for their birthday. I'm assuming that means it's sadly not for sale, but I found it and thought I'd post it.

http://romulan-warbird.deviantart.com/art/Fa-Plush-178796702

Oh, another thing, on the topic of this alternate present where FE is as popular as Pokemon... If Fire Emblem were as popular as Pokemon, they might not have turned Intelligent Systems down with their crossover idea, and we'd have a Pokemon and Fire Emblem crossover instead of Illusory Revelations #FE, which was Intelligent Systems' second choice. That might have been cool.

Edited by Alastor15243

There would be a Fire Emblem Amie where you can touch your favorite characters.

There would be two versions of the game released.

There would be a theme of friendship and recruiting characters that used to be enemies.

You would be able to breed characters and trade optimized characters online.

You would be able to select your gender when starting the game.

Don't hold your breath though.

I cannot describe how much I love this reply.