Zera's Pikmin Poll

Zera

Pikmin...  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which Pikmin games have you played?

2. 2. Which is your favorite?

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't the Wii U and 3DS versions come first? I know PS4 and XBO came after Wii U.

I'd actually argue that the PC version is actually the inferior one for the exclusive features the others have

Wii U - Multiplayer and upgraded Relics

3DS - Extra Challenges and upgraded Relics

XBO - Battletoads

PS4 - Kratos

Could you describe the differences between the 3DS and Wii U versions in more detail?

Could you describe the differences between the 3DS and Wii U versions in more detail?

you need an amiibo for the extra features like co-op (in wii u only) and custom powers/extra challenges (both versions)

the other features are fluff at best (you can do "streetpass arena" on 3ds and leave messages for other players on wii u)

edit: also, stop asking usless questions that can easily be figured out through google in great detail in like 3 seconds

Edited by fuccboi

I've played almost every Metrod but Other M and Fusion are the most fun to play

read: most fun, not the best story

I hate playing metroid prime because first person views give me anxiety if I get hit or jumped by something I can't see

going underwater before getting the gravity items gives me anxiety so I stopped Echoes at Torvus Bog because Bloggs terrify me

Edited by Ms. Andrews

As far as genres for any upcoming metroid games, I'm sorta ok to try almost anything, but I'm most interested in 3d (prime style) and classic 2d fare. I'd even be up for an other m style game if it was better.

I'm apprehensive about federation force but I know almost nothing about it. I'm more apprehensive because it's following up on other m. I'd be more trusting if I didn't feel like the series got flubbed last time.

Imagine flying through the tunnels of Brinstar and Norfair in a Metroid racing game. Actually, that sounds like a legitimately good idea. Who knows what kinds of amazing ideas Metroid could bring to the racing genre, and how fun it would be to directly control the ships of Samus and the Space Pirates?

BTW, I'm currently 100%ing Metroid: Zero Mission. The missile pack in the lower left corner of Ridley's lair is a real pain in the butt to get. If Metroid gets another 2D game, I demand that collapsing blocks be retired and never used again, ever.

Edited by Zera

I've played the original Metroid, Metroid II, Metroid Primes 1 and 2, Fusion, Hunters, and Other: M. Getting the first one to play on our NES is a pain, though.

Super psyched to play the new Federation Force. Despite what everyone is saying about, I think it has potential to become a really good game. So long as it supports Download Play so we don't have to buy multiple copies....

As for what I want to see next? Metroid x Halo. It'll happen! You know, once Nintendo and Microsoft work out their differences. (Minecraft became available on the Wii U, so that day might not be TOO far off now)

EDIT: I've 100% completed only Metroid Prime 1 so far, and it was completely by accident! First playthrough I couldn't find all the Energy Tanks, but I ended up finding them all by sheer luck on the second run through.

Edited by Power Master

BTW, I'm currently 100%ing Metroid: Zero Mission. The missile pack in the lower left corner of Ridley's lair is a real pain in the butt to get. If Metroid gets another 2D game, I demand that collapsing blocks be retired and never used again, ever.

Git gud

I can get them with minimal issues.

Metroid Prime Hunters sold me since I could play with my friends and cousins. That game still holds fun memories with my cousins especially not telling them how to scope with the Imperialist beam (IF I remember correctly, it's a 1-hit Kill if you zoom in with it). It would be awesome if a sequel was made to it and the multiplayer was brought back.

Metroid Prime series was amazing as well. I love how each section was gigantic (I don't remember the proper term lol) and the music was fantastic.

P.S.:I hope you do a Metal Gear Solid poll in the future and nice thread

first person is the wrong direction for metroid

it's insanely hard to handle and it isn't fun to play at all because I don't enjoy having a heart attack

metroid only works in 2D and 3D Action because there's no blind spots with the camera to make me jump

first person is the wrong direction for metroid

it's insanely hard to handle and it isn't fun to play at all because I don't enjoy having a heart attack

metroid only works in 2D and 3D Action because there's no blind spots with the camera to make me jump

Iiiii'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one. Sure, it has some blind spots, but as a guy who doesn't normally like FPSs, this is a pretty good direction. It was a lot of fun to play AS Samus, still is. Prime does a good job making you feel like you're there. Has it's problem, sure. Nothing can't have problems. But I feel it's a good way to play Metroid.

To each his own, though.

Iiiii'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one. Sure, it has some blind spots, but as a guy who doesn't normally like FPSs, this is a pretty good direction. It was a lot of fun to play AS Samus, still is. Prime does a good job making you feel like you're there. Has it's problem, sure. Nothing can't have problems. But I feel it's a good way to play Metroid.

To each his own, though.

I'm pretty sure you aren't getting what I'm saying

I literally cannot play this game alone because I end up panicking even if I fall in harmless water even though there aren't any enemies inside. To say nothing of enemies like Grenchlers and Blarggs and whenever you enter a room and get ambushed by Space Pirates. I cannot do first person

this doesn't have anything to do with playing as Samus herself

EDIT: when I was younger playing hide and seek made me anxious because I was afraid of someone jumping out and scaring me whether they were hiding or trying to find me

Edited by Ms. Andrews

Sorry, Ms. Andrews, but your deep psychological fears do not make Metroid Prime a worse game. If anything, the first person view merely amplifies the tension of entering an unknown and dangerous area, a major element of the entire Metroid series. It encourages you to slow your advance and pay more attention to the environment, further immersing you in the world. And really, that's what Metroid Prime is all about - getting the full experience of being Samus. The tunnel-like design of many areas, radar, and "Samus is a tank" ensure that you don't get blindsided, or suffer very little if you do.

First person may be the wrong direction for YOU, but it is not the wrong direction for Metroid. Hence the whole "Metroid Prime is the greatest game ever!" thing.

Edited by Zera

Sorry, Ms. Andrews, but your deep psychological fears do not make Metroid Prime a worse game. If anything, the first person view merely amplifies the tension of entering an unknown and dangerous area, a major element of the entire Metroid series. It encourages you to slow your advance and pay more attention to the environment, further immersing you in the world. And really, that's what Metroid Prime is all about - getting the full experience of being Samus. The tunnel-like design of many areas, radar, and "Samus is a tank" ensure that you don't get blindsided, or suffer very little if you do.

First person may be the wrong direction for YOU, but it is not the wrong direction for Metroid. Hence the whole "Metroid Prime is the greatest game ever!" thing.

prime isn't metroid at all, it barely has any aliens inspiration unlike the main series

if you want the essence of metroid, look to Fusion, Super, and Zero Mission. Nothing about Prime screams Metroid, which to me is a side scrolling 2D shooter style game that branched with Kid Icarus. Other M is the natural evolution of that style, as evidenced by how it's basically a Fusion clone.

prime isn't metroid at all, it barely has any aliens inspiration unlike the main series

if you want the essence of metroid, look to Fusion, Super, and Zero Mission. Nothing about Prime screams Metroid, which to me is a side scrolling 2D shooter style game that branched with Kid Icarus. Other M is the natural evolution of that style, as evidenced by how it's basically a Fusion clone.

http://metroid.retropixel.net/features/special/metroid_magic.php

Notice that this article, explaining a variety of reasons people enjoy Metroid games, does not mention Alien at all. As someone who never watched that movie, I enjoy the games purely on their own merits. Metroid Prime may not be inspired by Alien, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a Metroid game. And to prove my point, let's take a look at some recipes!

Nintendo / Retro Studio's Recipe for a 3D Metroid

Ingredients:

1 Super Metroid

Many starving Metroid fans

Directions:

1. Make Super Metroid 3D.

3. Replace third-person camera with first-person camera.

4. Shift gameplay focus from platforming to shooting.

5. Bake for 2 years, or until golden brown.

6. Enjoy being hailed as one of the greatest games of all time. (15th highest rated game on Metacritic)

Mm. that sounds delicious! Now let's see that other recipe...

Nintendo / Team Ninja's Recipe for a 3D Metroid

Ingredients:

1 Super Metroid

1 Metroid Prime

1 Wii Remote

1 Nunchuck

Many starving Metroid fans

Directions:

1. Attach Metroid Prime to Super Metroid with Nunchuck cord. It's not like we need it, right?

2. Remove control quality and gameplay depth to accommodate the lone Wii Remote.

3. Remove exploration. For extra salty flavor, throw in a game-breaking glitch when the player tries to backtrack.

4. Remove all music that isn't generic or remixes of older Metroid tunes.

5. Stir in unhealthy amounts of dialogue and cutscenes. Add as much as possible!

6. Bake for 3 years, or until turd brown.

7. Become tied with Metroid Prime Pinball for lowest rated Metroid game. (Metascore: 79)

As you can see, Metroid Prime is a 3D evolution of Super Metroid, whereas Other M is a 3D reduction of Super Metroid. Metroid Prime is much closer to Super Metroid than Other M, despite the different perspective. It's also a much better game.