Favorite Fire Emblem moment?

Thane

Hello everyone.

My attempt at spreading some positivity! I believe the title is pretty self-explanatory: I want to hear what some of your Fire Emblem moments are, be they about comedy, story, shipping, music - you name it.

I would like to limit it to around three moments or so to facilitate discussion; topics like these can get very clogged easily. Also, please keep major spoilers - especially from Fates - in spoiler tags.

In terms of story or writing, my favorite moment is when [spoiler=Awakening]Lucina gets ready to strike down Grima in the DLC story. I love how the other kids are encouraging her, especially Laurent's line: "One miracle after another has made this possible. Now it's time for one more!"

In terms of comedy...I don't know if it was intentional or not, but this scene ended up being the peak of Fire Emblem humor:

i_m_an_assasin_by_shun_one-d5spsbz.jpgSource: Shun-one - http://shun-one.deviantart.com - Link doesn't work although I've tried copying to his profile, gallery and the work itself multiple times, and I've no idea why it doesn't work.

Edited by Thane

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite moment in the series is either Tiki and Robin's S-Support, or the reunion with Lyn in Awakening's DLC.

Honorable mention to FE7's ending when you pair Lyn with Eliwood for how much I love that paired ending image.

2 Elibe things here, to do with Jaffar, and Karel

Jaffar's whole shtick with Nino, leading to his eventual redemption along with Matthew actually coming to grips with forgiving him as well, Jaffars supports with Matthew are super good.

Karel starting as a bloodthristy killer, but becoming a wise old swordsman, who actually deserves the title of Sword Saint, come FE6.

Elincia's Final Stand in Part 2 of Radiant Dawn, as it serves as the perfect ending to the arc that Path of Radiance started in getting Crimea back to its original state, and completes her growth as a character.

My favourite moment in the games story-wise is when in FE4... yeah, everyone knows it, but I'll put it in spoilers anyway

All the intrigue and deception that goes on behind the scenes culminates in Alvis' betrayal of his friend Sigurd and all his army by both taking his wife and his life. The whole of part one has been building up to this and it's tragic, twisting and Shakespearean. I don't mean that last adjective to imply that it is the quality of Shakespeare, but the whole of this scene reminds me of a tragic death scene from a Shakespearean play, it has that style. In a less well-written game, this would be the moment that Alvis reveals himself and flees off to another castle where Sigurd must go and stop him in the final level and rescue Dierdre, but no, Sigurd pays the price for his rashness and his abandoning of his home country and his family and for falling for a forbidden love, and he and his men are massacred and Dierdre is never saved.

I wish part 2's story could have been as good, it's not bad but it's a tough act to follow. It does a good job of turning the plot full circle from tragedy back to a happy ending.

I also love Joshua's return to his homeland, which is made better if you have him fight against Caellach in the next chapter. As for funnies, I like Lute and Knoll's supports in FE8 and Kieran and Oscar's in FE9. I mention them both because their both very similar and funny for similar and different reasons.

Edited by Knight

Near the end chapters of Radiant Dawn. I liked hearing the history and the lore of Tellius, how everything ended up being twisted and why, and the truth about Yune and Ashera. My favorite part about RD is how the "past lore" of the game actually becomes relevant to the plot.

Ahhh there is one such moment. Its in FE7.

[spoiler=Hector Mode]

Oswin receives a message that looks hella vague. Hector talks about how he would do something if Uther was unable, due to the illness.

Its really late game. The gang goes back to Ostia, after getting the legendary weapons, and Eliwood unintentionally ices Ninian. It begins right before the Denning attack, where Hector inquires where Uther is. Generic Knight says "A conference in Etruria" and Hector is like "well kind of a funky time to do that, but oh well." Chapter ends after repelling the attack. Hector begins to suspect that something is up since the knights and retainers of Ostia seem to be avoiding him. He presses Oswin and Oswin does not budge. Which could only mean one thing....Uther, Hector's brother, has indeed succumbed to the illness and died. Hector figures it out, and basically verbally lashes Oswin. Oswin says "say what you must, but do not doubt your brother's intentions. The reason i said nothing, is because he knew full well that you would drop everything and return here. But he knew that this, saving the world from Nergal's ambitions was more important." This make Hector pause. He also says "I wont forgive you for not telling me, Oswin."

Its quite emotional. Made even better when after LETS GO SHOPPING chapter, Hector goes back to the throne room and "speaks" to Uther. He swears up and down he will do what he must and show that he can sit that throne and rule Ostia with his brother in mind.

Runner up goes to the Epilogue in Radiant Dawn if you managed to get the goodies for a certain reveal for a certain little tactician named Soren.

Funniest moment? Soren sweet talking Aimee in RD for that silver card.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

[spoiler=Spoiler for Nohr Route]The ending cutscene where Elise is running with Kamui and suddenly Kamui bumps into Camilla..

That was pretty great.

Also Camilla's intro cutscene. The best cutscene ever.

Edited by Tsunami922

Near the beginning of PoR, when Mist and Rolf are captured, Boyd asked Ike which way to go and he responded "No idea." to which Boyd says "What? But you led us here!"

...That's not the exact wording but my memory's a little fuzzy.

Inigo and Owain having a serious conversation in Awakening's Harvest Scramble DLC is one of my favorites. I bought the map expecting nothing but cute and funny conversations, but this one really surprised me. Especially after reading their supports in the game...

I'm not sure I have one single favorite moment. There are many moments I love!

The entirety of Blazing Sword. I love the characters, the story, the music...everything. Several of the characters are some of my favorites in the entire series, and Lyn is my favorite character in the entire series! I love the character interactions, all the story arcs, and everything else. I suppose if I had to pinpoint a few moments, it'd be these:

-Lyn's story, the moments dealing with her backstory and her attitude towards bandits and crooks, her supports with Wallace.

-Matthew's arc, the death of Leila, his hatred and eventual forgiveness of Jaffar in their supports.

-Eliwood's story, when his father dies in his arms, when he "kills" Ninian on accident.

As for moments in the other games of the series...

Sacred Stones:

-The flashbacks fleshing out Lyon's friendship and relationship with Eirika and Ephraim, the tragic story arc and eventual death of Lyon.

-Joshua's story arc, his growth as a character and duel with Caellach (should you have him fight Caellach).

-Cormag's arc and duel with Valter (should you have him fight Valter).

-Every single moment with Dozla, every support and story moment. He's hilarious and one of the best characters in the series.

Radiant Dawn:

-Part 2, the Ohma village moments with Brom and Nephenee (and Heather), the Endgame, the attempted murder of Lucia and the conclusion to Elincia's character growth/arc.

-Part 4 where Oliver recruits himself to your side.

Shadow Dragon:

-Chapters 14, 16, 17, and 20.

-Marth's growth as a character, his dialogue and character growth are superb. Chapter 14 especially.

Awakening:

-Every moment with Gregor.

-The supports between Cherche and Lon'qu.

Genealogy of the Holy War:

-The tragedy of Eldigan.

-The Yied Massacre.

-The Battle of Belhalla.

-Seliph avenging his father's murder and clearing his name.

I'm sure there are some I'm not thinking of, but those are several of my favorite moments.

I guess I may as well say how much I love FE7's plot and just consider it a whole moment. I love Lyn and Eliwood's development as characters, and I always pair them in part because of that.

Of course, the main reason I pair them is because my favorite FE lord mothers my second favorite, and that's just awesome

Tho pairing them gets to the moment I'm trying to mention here, Lyn and Eliwood's option battle preps convo, obtained by having them A-support before Shopping the chapter. I just love that convo

I'll second Lon'qu and Cherche's support, but I'd also like to add Maribelle and Gaius' supports and Ricken and Henry's to that list.

Sumia punching Chrom in the face.