Which class should be playable again in future games of FE?

NewDisplayName

Soldier line. So we can get some that I'll actually really like. I only liked Aran for his stats (loved how tanky he is), and I wasn't crazy about Nephenee or Devdan/Danved at all. And the Soldier line is awesome in itself!

Don't tell me "but Fates has Oboro" because she's not a true Soldier. I'm talking about the armored guys with helmets and shields, not just anybody that uses a lance on foot.

Edited by Anacybele

Soldier line. So we can get some that I'll actually really like. I only liked Aran for his stats (loved how tanky he is), and I wasn't crazy about Nephenee or Devdan/Danved at all. And the Soldier line is awesome in itself!

Don't tell me "but Fates has Oboro" because she's not a true Soldier. I'm talking about the armored guys with helmets and shields, not just anybody that uses a lance on foot.

I save edited myself up a Soldier in Awakening does he count

Anyways, yeah, it'd be really fun to see recruitable Soldiers come back. With Halberdiers, of course.

And while I know Barbarians/Brigands were technically recruitable as recently as Awakening, it would still be nice to have another character who is a Barbarian at base.

I'd also like to see the Anima/Light/Dark split brought back, as well as the return of Monks (or another first-tier Light-using class) that that would likely entail.

Master Knight.

You know, that mounted 9-move class with awesome caps and access to all weapons except Dark Magic and instant A ranks for everything but Light. That class was epic but I'll admit that it's hard to balance them.

Sword wielding Generals, Soldiers, and light mages.

While I am glad we are getting Lance Fighters in Fates, they missed the perfect opportunity to bring back the Soldier line as an Exclusive to Nohr while Lance Fighter was for Hoshido. The design fits perfectly for Nohr's darker ascetics. Light magic overall needs to return with Dark Magic being so prevalent now. Make some opposite classes to the Dark Magic ones. Light Mages, Crusaders, and maybe even give the Griffon Rider a light wielding class.

paladin3.jpg

Fire Emblem is really missing a good "Holy Warrior" class like this.

Edited by Tolvir

paladin3.jpg

Fire Emblem is really missing a good "Holy Warrior" class like this.

An armored mage beside baron would be cool.

As for returning classes, the soldier and the gba magic classes, but with melee valkyries.

Mage Fighter. magic + sword = neat (at least when the swords are actually worth using)

...actually pretty much everything from the Jugdral games that hasn't come back since.

Bring Back Master Knights! Bring Back Master Knights!

Griffon Rider. I don't really care for, or miss, anything else.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that Master Knights wouldn't be as awesome as they're touted to be? Because I'd hate to have to dig my way out of E weapon rank with ALL weapons... That alone is reason enough for me to not want them to return.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Nomads, Monks and Pirates.

Most playable Soldiers are just Mercs or Myrms with lances, there's nothing about them that makes them different enough for me to want them to return.

Edited by OakTree

Nomads, Light Mages, Shamans to replace Stripper Mages, Manaketes with a ranged attack, Halberdiers (although I'm also fond of Holy Lancers), and Summoners.

Tacticians, Dark Fliers and Dread Fighters should return as standard classes as well.

Well:

Soldier

Mage Knight (I like DK, but I don't think they fit as a promotion of Mage)

Griffon Rider (With a Griffon Lord/Knight promo that uses Swords and Axes)

Pirate

Light Mage/Monk

Bishop

Sword Valkyrie

Summoner

That's about it.

I miss Mage Fighter and Mage Knight mainly. It would fit to have Mage - Sage/Mage Knight and then Scholar(idk on name. Has Anima only) - Mage Knight/Mage Fighter

Assassin and Griffon Rider are also pretty cool. I don't think Assassin is gone forever though.

I don't see a need for Soldier/Halberdier because I love Lance Fighter/Holy Lancer/Basara. I don't care for Soldier visuals but I adore Oboro's design.

Edited by Miss Kira