Soleil Support Changed in NA/Europe Localization + Shara/Syalla Name Change

stahl_gaius_fan

Regarding Rhajat's localized name, I think its fine. Its nice to know that they're going with anagrams for the 1st gen reincarnations. Works for Gaius too, because it can start with "Sai", making a shout out to Saizou. I wonder about Cordelia, though.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding Rhajat's localized name, I think its fine. Its nice to know that they're going with anagrams for the 1st gen reincarnations. Works for Gaius too, because it can start with "Sai", making a shout out to Saizou. I wonder about Cordelia, though.

That's pretty smart actually. They could use the Sai for Gaius (Saigu? Gusai? Idk what they'd choose though). Makes sense cause Saizou's description says "Saizou is very handsome. He is well aware that his face attracts women". Seems a little self-centered so it'd make sense he'd name his son after himself.

That's pretty smart actually. They could use the Sai for Gaius (Saigu? Gusai? Idk what they'd choose though). Makes sense cause Saizou's description says "Saizou is very handsome. He is well aware that his face attracts women". Seems a little self-centered so it'd make sense he'd name his son after himself.

No, it's a traditional thing. Every first-born son in their family is named Saizou, probably to commemorate them being chosen to serve the royal family. I'm pretty sure Ryoma's Saizou is the sixth one, but I don't remember that well.

I got around to making a post about the Rhajat thing here. As I stated before, I am fine with it, but it makes me wonder how it will effect the other two if they stick with the anagram formula. She gets away with it having had an exotic/non-Japanese name as it was, but the other two are, while not proper Japanese names, still Japanese-sounding. I look forward to how the localization will be handling this.

I've been looking for where the 25th Anniversary Book mentioned the Indian-based concept for the Invisible Kingdom as well. So far I've only seen VincentASM's post on it, but it was not explored too in-depthly. If anyone has the page number for that specific section, please let me know. : )

Same, I'm fine with censorship. Heck part of me WANTS this game to be heavily censored, but I understand why some don't want it to be.

Just in a way to still make it fun. Especially for a game that wasn't intended to be from the Japanese market for a long time. This is MEANT to be a more grown up game.

I knew this would be changed. The way this support sounded to me when I heard about it was just EW NO. Thank you, NoA. Now I just wish you could cover up Camilla's panties and massive cleavage. Because dumb as hell design.

Most annoying design in the game.

They need to do something about that when she certainly is no vixen. x.x

To continue beating a dead horse, yes, the support needed to be changed as its base form was off-putting and creepy. I just wondered what they have come up with to replace it.

Some people, such as myself, enjoy studying warfare and tactics during the time period that Fates and pretty much every other fire emblem game is based on. While I, and most others, are willing to accept some... inconsistency with reality in terms of armor, Camilla's is a bit out there, even for a fantasy game.

To make it at least entertaining. Rey is our only hope now to seeing this censored shit.

Because the partial translation sucks and wouldn't use it for the life of me.

So a woman with a lot of cleavage on huge breasts and strutting around in panties looks just fine to you? Yeah, well, some of us don't want to be grossed out or seen playing while she's on the screen and then have someone notice and go "wtf are you playing?!" Because that would be embarrassing.

Knight: It's not so much anything offensive, it's that I find it disturbing and gross...

It is gross.

She is no vixen to further make it worse. They need to do something about her as some people are already getting disturbed by the massive fanservice that this game is offering. -.-

To be fair, I do see your point about how certain things in Fates could be, uh, questionable to people who are watching you play. Personally, I find hot springs and Fire Emblem Amie more embarrassing than the Camilla cutscene if someone were to catch a glimpse of what I was playing.

Burn it in a lake of fire.

This shit shouldn't belong in a savage killed or be killed world.

I think the only thing they really CAN do is try and minimise the creep-factor of the S supports, particularly with the younger siblings and the Hoshido ones. With real-time childbirth time shenanigans Fates really dug itself into a hole for the former, and the entire

"I got a letter from our dead mother and we're not related! Let's get married!"

thing really just makes the supports skeevy so I hope they do SOMETHING (anything) to get rid of or change that.

One thing I can say is that they're not going to remove it. Could you imagine the shitstorm if they did?

Look what happened with Tharja's summer scene.

They have to make it in a way to still make it enjoyable.

Rhajat? Yikes...that's worse than Niles for me.

I would have prefered Rhaja though. -.-

Oh wow. I have to wonder how the other 2nd gen look-alikes will have their names localized... Cordelia and Gaius... English anagrams just don't give many good options.

As for the main topic, good riddance to the former M!Kamui and Soleil support. I wonder what tweaks NoA have probably made to Soleil's characterization in general, as well as other quirky characters like Eponine.

It would be petifile if the Avatar could with the same sex marriage/marriage of Soleli.

Cordelia for Matoi is gonna be a disaster for anagrams. They're gonna stick out like a sore thumb in a cast on the route with Japanese inspired names.

Please put up a translated video of Soleli getting drugged. We need to see that?!

It's what make the game more fun. Your our hero if you put this up! It increases Waifu/Husbando to some people for Soleli since she is a drugger. I'm going to use her to pieces after finding this out as well as Niles for his character of being another deadbeat drunk.

Regarding Soleil: Having read a translation of the support, there is nothing that I could possibly construe as a conversion. It was merely Kamui trying to be a good friend and trying to help Soleil out, he just did not choose a very good means to do it. He was trying to assist her in her problems with speaking to women, he was encouraging her, not the opposite.

I think there has been a lot of misinterpretation and misleading information out there.

The quote from Nintendo itself doesn't simply says that there will be no conversion or drugging. There was no conversion in the original Japanese to begin with, so that's not a change or censorship. There was a drugging, if that part is changed that's not so bad, perhaps Kamui asking Soleil's permission first before doing so, but I still would not like that to be changed, it's not that bad really and this isn't something that people should be making such a big fuss about.

Thank you for this sensible and well explained article. I agree with most things written here, and you stated things better than I could.

As for Rhajat, it's okay. It sounds too much like "Rat" to me but it does have a nice exotic Indian vibe to it which would have suited Tharja at least.

3OWvUk.jpg

Clearly says here that the same sex marriages will be kept except for the Soleli one.

Rhajat... really... has the bar been set so low? Was the joke really worth everything else? Well at least I am on time to cancel my preorder of the Limited Edition, as I can already play this whole game, all DLC included, in (partial) English. I am not supporting this shit.

I wouldn't support that patch from an unsigned artist with a ten foot pole. Why do you think heartbunny puts nothing up about it?!

No I haven't watched no videos of Linkmstr using the trans of the game as I don't want to be spoiled and that the translation is shit and folks like me and Rey and such don't need it. *Crushes scouter*

Seeing Rey's translation though as they come with true Japanese knowledge. Not seeing them right now as I don't want to be spoiled of the game! ^_^

Well, I'm okay with the Soleil change so long as they make her supports either still reflective of her character archetype, or change her archetype either entirely or just be less of an archetype and more of a rounded character. I just really want her to have some justice since I like her overall and plan on marrying her in a save. Plus the line MaMui gives her about her smile being like the sun is just so adorable. I hope they keep that one in at the very least. As for Syalla/Rhajat, I didn't read her supports/don't remember em too well so I don't know how off-putting they were when they weren't meant to be so. As for first comment, I guess this ambiguity also means Zero/Niles' changed as well, which I find to be a minus because I really like his down and dirty sadistic and off-putting personality.

-Edit-

Nvm, I misread "gay conversion" as "gay conversation". I hope they don't change Zero though.

She's a deadbeat drunk.

They need to make her in a way to reflect her character of that without having anything said that can hurt others.

They shouldn't.

The supreme court allows it!

Rhajwhat now?

Next thing we know, Odin's gonna be Nowai.

Good.

Cuz he's not a god! God tier.

-----

It's further funny for the Harvest Summer Scramble that you still had to purchase it with Tharja's scene still being censored. Please leave the gay marriages be. Amie and skinship should be burned in a lake of fire!

Edited by Lin_Lee_Koo

No, it's a traditional thing. Every first-born son in their family is named Saizou, probably to commemorate them being chosen to serve the royal family. I'm pretty sure Ryoma's Saizou is the sixth one, but I don't remember that well.

Wait, then why isn't Gurei named Saizou. Isn't he a first born son?

Rhajwhat now?

Next thing we know, Odin's gonna be Nowai.

Odin's name is Odin.

They went with anagrams because the Japanese version used anagrams.

Do they really have to stick with the anagrams? Would anyone really get upset?

First rule of localization: nobody won't get upset over something.

Edited by The DanMan

Wait, then why isn't Gurei named Saizou. Isn't he a first born son?

Gurei/Grey isn't his real name. He calls himself that because he's a rebellious teenager who hates his dad and refuses to use the name 'Saizou' because he's doesn't want to be part of the tradition. Here's the link to an English patch of his paralogue.

EDIT: Ryoma's Saizou isn't the 6th, he's the 5th.

Edited by Phillius

Rodelica for Cordelia :3

They should name Matoi along the lines of that.

Severa being Selena is perfect since that was her original Japanese name. They are actually using her original Japanese name this time! It's fitting for the summer of love like Titania's name of ancestry!

What about Cord'delia? Like how people from Chosin had their names (Lon'qu, Yen'Fay, Say'ri).

More Hoshido's (Asian/Chinese people of the Fire Emblem world) that were never mentioned since they wanted to keep the kingdom a secret while the Fates game was still undergoing development since it is the direct sequel of the Awakening game! Being of royalty, Hinoka is actually Lon'qu's sister and Takumi is his brother/cousin.

-----

It's just the matter of a coin toss to decide if I should pair Lazward with Beruka or Nyx. Beruka for the awesome hair, or Nyx for Lifetaker!

Edited by Lin_Lee_Koo

They should name Matoi along the lines of that.

Severa being Selena is perfect since that was her original Japanese name. They are actually using her original Japanese name this time! It's fitting for the summer of love like Titania's name of ancestry!

More Hoshido's (Asian/Chinese people of the Fire Emblem world) that were never mentioned since they wanted to keep the kingdom a secret while the Fates game was still undergoing development since it is the direct sequel of the Awakening game! Being of royalty, Hinoka is actually Lon'qu's sister and Takumi is his brother/cousin.

-----

It's just the matter of a coin toss to decide if I should pair Lazward with Beruka or Nyx. Beruka for the awesome hair, or Nyx for Lifetaker!

----

Lazward can A+ Odin for Lifetaker, Beruka has bad spd mod and gives nothing useful for Lazward, Pieri gives a light blue hair, gives him Luna and Paladin access.

welp there is a possiblity Matoi's name would be "Tiamo" just like how they made not!SeveraLuna to Selena like her Japanese name.

----

Lazward can A+ Odin for Lifetaker, Beruka has bad spd mod and gives nothing useful for Lazward, Pieri gives a light blue hair, gives him Luna and Paladin access.

welp there is a possiblity Matoi's name would be "Tiamo" just like how they made not!SeveraLuna to Selena like her Japanese name.

If I'm to do that...I should wait until the point when I can pass that skill over to her. ...And I'll want to pair Pieri then since she gives a better Spd mod/cap than Beruka to Soleli as well as giving her lighter blue hair. Better do this on Revelations since Conquest will not provide the EXP for that!

*Giggle*

I'd love that very much. ^o^

Edited by Lin_Lee_Koo

Nice post. It's very true Cordelia will be difficult to create an anagram of (Liacorde? Celiador? Um...Ciradelo? They're all kind if ridiculous).

I like Deliacor (probably because it reminds me of Delacour) but it might be too "samey" as the original.

What if they just removed part of it?

Delia?

I like that. I like Cora too. Both have the benefits of being real names also.

Edited by ckc22

I'd be down for Usagi or Sugai for Grey's localized name. Rhajat feels way to foreign and there will be no may to make a Cordelia anagram not sound weird.

What if they just kept Matoi? It'd still keep to the anagram theme, technically, and its Japanese. I personally wouldn't have any issue with it. It kind of suits her anyway. Also, Usagi would be way too cute. As in, I'd love that, but its.. way too cute. Doesn't really fit Gaius. Sugai does, though, I think. Keeps that gai part in. Which is my favorite part.

Now let me ask you this, what effect does this powder have on people other than making people see men as women? Does it cause anything to happen to Soleil other than what Kamui said it would? No. It's not a powerful drug with well-documented side-effects, it's a freakin' novelty item! It doesn't even change the sound of their voices! If it had been used in a support by Orochi, or Lissa from Awakening, or whoever the hell you want as a prank. Like tricking someone into believing they'd entered an alternate reality where everyone's gender was reversed, would you be comparing it to spiking someone's drink with alcohol? No, it'd be a prank. More like spiking someone's tea with salt or lacing their food with ground-up chili peppers than anything else. Would they be a dickhead for doing that? Yes. I would definitely be mad (if only for wasting perfectly good tea), but I would in no way make any comparisons to an attempted drugging with alcohol or Rohypnol.

Be careful with this mentality.

Put sugar in my drink and I suggest clearing out the bathroom for the next half-hour (and then arrange a ride for me, because I won't be able to drive straight). Put chili pepper (or pepper) in my food and have an Epi-Pen ready, because the last time I ate anything close to it, my throat did weird things. . .and THEN call the hospital, because I react badly to antihistamines (but at least I'll be able to breathe).

Some people react badly to unexpected things, so putting things in other people's food, even as a prank, should not be encouraged.

Don't get me started on cross-contamination.

and are we really getting mad over Not!Tharja's english name

I think it's kinda jarring, given Hoshido's culture. Had it been any other FE game, I probably wouldn't care.

Still, a minor nitpick like this isn't enough to stop the hype~!

speaking of magic, do you guys think if the whole powder and drink never happened and was replaced with magic it wouldn't be so

controversial?

My issue is with consent. If he'd cleared it with her, I'd have no problems with it, whether it be powder or a spell.

Wait let me get this straight

People complained because of what they would take as a gay conversion support.

So NOA changed it, and now people are complaining about censoring drugs?

OR is nobody actually complaining and polygon just had a shitty clickbait title

Wait let me get this straight

People complained because of what they would take as a gay conversion support.

So NOA changed it, and now people are complaining about censoring drugs?

OR is nobody actually complaining and polygon just had a shitty clickbait title

the problem here is that not everyone is the same person