What is it like to be a meme?

Esme

used and abused

many people find you entertaining but others think you're a crude and inferior form of entertainment, while judging both you and the people who use you

some people are regular offenders who use you frequently, even when they should have moved on to something else by now

so

tbh it's like being a really cheap street hooker

hth

Its time to really put effort into Meme Rights.

Was it in me this whole time?

you had the opportunity to say "was it in meme" and you fucking wasted it

gg esmeme im disappoint in u

They targeted gamers.

Gamers.

We're a group of people who will sit for hours, days, even weeks on end performing some of the hardest, most mentally demanding tasks. Over, and over, and over all for nothing more than a little digital token saying we did.

We'll punish our selfs doing things others would consider torture, because we think it's fun.

We'll spend most if not all of our free time min maxing the stats of a fictional character all to draw out a single extra point of damage per second.

Many of us have made careers out of doing just these things: slogging through the grind, all day, the same quests over and over, hundreds of times to the point where we know evety little detail such that some have attained such gamer nirvana that they can literally play these games blindfolded.

Do these people have any idea how many controllers have been smashed, systems over heated, disks and carts destroyed 8n frustration? All to latter be referred to as bragging rights?

These people honestly think this is a battle they can win? They take our media? We're already building a new one without them. They take our devs? Gamers aren't shy about throwing their money else where, or even making the games our selves. They think calling us racist, mysoginistic, rape apologists is going to change us? We've been called worse things by prepubescent 10 year olds with a shitty head set. They picked a fight against a group that's already grown desensitized to their strategies and methods. Whoenjoy the battle of attrition they've threatened us with. Who take it as a challange when they tell us we no longer matter. Our obsession with proving we can after being told we can't is so deeply ingrained from years of dealing with big brothers/sisters and friends laughing at how pathetic we used to be that proving you people wrong has become a very real need; a honed reflex.

Gamers are competative, hard core, by nature. We love a challange. The worst thing you did in all of this was to challange us. You're not special, you're not original, you're not the first; this is just another boss fight.

Edited by fuccboi

Do you motherfuckers understand now? DO YOU? Let me spell it out one more time for the densest among you. This. Is. Not. Just. About. Video games. These people want to destroy those of you who speak out and control the rest. You've seen them talk on twitter and tumblr, they will happily put you to death if they could and drink your tears while doing so. Video games is one front of a much larger war. It does not begin or end with video games and if you don't fight you are going to lose so much more than just a hobby. This is the end of the war, they have been winning it for years. Gamergate was a surprise resistance that popped up after our "forces" had been routed and slaughtered on the altar of social justice for decades. If you want to live in a world where some histrionic pampered brat and her sniveling cohorts can cry harassment and shut down entire websites then yeah sure do nothing just protect the vidya I guess. If that idea disgusts you then it is time to stand up if you haven't already and fight them on every level. Remember Shirtgate? Remember how they made a motherfucking scientist cry on what should have been the best day of his life? Over a shirt? It's not just about video games these people are monsters in human skin. Fight them!

They targeted memes.

Memes.

We're a group of memes who will sit for hours, days, even weeks on end performing some of the hardest, most mentally demanding memes. Over, and over, and over all for nothing more than a little digital token saying Nice Meme!

We'll punish our selfs doing memes others would consider torture, because we think it's fun.

We'll spend most if not all of our free time min maxing the memes of a funny meme all to draw out a single extra point of memeage per second.

Many of us have made memes out of doing just these memes: slogging through the grind, all day, the same memes over and over, hundreds of memes to the point where we know evety little meme such that some have attained such memer nirvana that they can literally play these games blindfolded.

Do these people have any idea how many jokes have been smashed, memes over heated, jokes and memes destroyed 8n frustration? All to latter be referred to as memeing rights?

These memes honestly think this is a battle they can win? They take our memes? We're already building a new meme without them. They take our memes? Memers aren't shy about throwing their money else where, or even making the memes our selves. They think calling us really cheap street hookers is going to change us? We've been called worse things by prepubescent 10 year olds with a shitty head set. They picked a fight against a group that's already grown desensitized to their epic memes. Who enjoy the battle of memes they've threatened us with. Who take it as a challange when they tell us we no longer matter. Our obsession with proving we can after being told we can't is so deeply ingrained from years of dealing with big memes/jokes and friends laughing at how funny we used to be that proving you people wrong has become a very real need; a honed reflex.

Memers are dank, funny, by nature. We love a meme. The worst thing you did in all of this was to challange us. You're not dank, you're not funny, you're not the first; this is just another forced meme.

Edited by maybe

They targeted gamers.

Gamers.

We're a group of people who will sit for hours, days, even weeks on end performing some of the hardest, most mentally demanding tasks. Over, and over, and over all for nothing more than a little digital token saying we did.

We'll punish our selfs doing things others would consider torture, because we think it's fun.

We'll spend most if not all of our free time min maxing the stats of a fictional character all to draw out a single extra point of damage per second.

Many of us have made careers out of doing just these things: slogging through the grind, all day, the same quests over and over, hundreds of times to the point where we know evety little detail such that some have attained such gamer nirvana that they can literally play these games blindfolded.

Do these people have any idea how many controllers have been smashed, systems over heated, disks and carts destroyed 8n frustration? All to latter be referred to as bragging rights?

These people honestly think this is a battle they can win? They take our media? We're already building a new one without them. They take our devs? Gamers aren't shy about throwing their money else where, or even making the games our selves. They think calling us racist, mysoginistic, rape apologists is going to change us? We've been called worse things by prepubescent 10 year olds with a shitty head set. They picked a fight against a group that's already grown desensitized to their strategies and methods. Whoenjoy the battle of attrition they've threatened us with. Who take it as a challange when they tell us we no longer matter. Our obsession with proving we can after being told we can't is so deeply ingrained from years of dealing with big brothers/sisters and friends laughing at how pathetic we used to be that proving you people wrong has become a very real need; a honed reflex.

Gamers are competative, hard core, by nature. We love a challange. The worst thing you did in all of this was to challange us. You're not special, you're not original, you're not the first; this is just another boss fight.

at first I thought this was posted in the wrong thread or something

But then, I legitimately read it instead of skimming through it and I couldn't have said it better myself, this is a really good post.

I love how you used wikipedia to find your information. They're almost as reliable as Fox news. There's a reason why schools don't allow you to use that for a source.

For me, it's mainly the way you look at it. when someone says cartoons I think of things like spongebob or shows aired on cartoon network. If somebody called anime an "asian cartoon" that would be extremely incorrect considering that anime is Japanese not korean or anything else. If someone were to say "japanese cartoon" that would actually make sense and be immediately identifiable, at least for me.

I would compare it to this: someone offers to sell you a puppy. They don't tell you what kind of dog, how old, or what it looks like. Just that this dog is a puppy that this person wants to give you. You automatically assume that this puppy is a few months old and small but you don't really know that, do you? Suppose this dog is a year old and a huge st. bernard and you don't know when you accept this offer. Because, like you assumed the puppy to be small and young, it was big and older. So when someone says "cartoon" I can guarantee everyone would give you an example of something American, not Japanese.

One of the bigger differences too is, that with American cartoons, there are many different drawing styles. With anime, the general style is the same. Big eyes, small mouth, etc but with American cartoons you can have drawing styles that range from south park to Cinderella. Remember, A cartoon is almost always assumed to be western unless classified as a "cartoon" from elsewhere. I would apologize for any spelling or grammatical errors but I'm human and make mistakes. Also, I don't really care. Thanks for reading.

Call them and tell them that they are missing the subtlety. Instead of following the ball, follow the off ball movement. Look for triangles to appear, dissolve and then reappear right before your eyes. Watch as player's heads swivel to find the man making the run for the second pass, not the first. Watch the tight control and decision making. Don't appreciate the pass that was made, appreciate the pass that wasn't because it was more difficult and less likely to be successful.

Watch the instant pressure applied once the ball is lost. Appreciate the monumental patience and discipline required to maintain possession without making foolish passes for long stretches. Realize that they are making things that are incredibly difficult to do both physically and tactically look so easy that it becomes boring.

Rooney looked super inform tonight vs Bayer Leverkusen, he is still world class.

You can see the spring in his step now that he's back in his natural striker position, after being played as an attacking midfielder for the majority of last season... he's back to his old self, Rooney will be a force this season along with RVP and the rest of the team - United will be at the top of the prem with a couple of points to spare by November and Rooney will be the main reason for it.

We've been in more Champions League finals than any other team in the past 15 competitions, we've been in 4 finals, and we've won 2 of them... we've finished top of our group in 6 of our past 7 competitions and we'll finish top of this one too.

Of course - United being the team everybody loves to hate and under-rate (despite our evident success)... nobody is going to want to admit it, but you're going to see another Manchester United final in the 13/14 Champions League, Moyes is hungry, RVP is hungry, Rooney is hungry, what's for dinner? Munich sandwich?

Is this now a copy pasta thread, or am I missing something?

You make video games sound not-fun. What kind of crappy games are you playing?

Edited by Zera

You make video games sound not-fun. What kind of crappy games are you playing?

you unironically make video games sound not-fun, even without the help of copypasta

just so it's out there

Sin and punishment is actually a pretty fun game. I'm surprised Zera likes it as much as he does but it's good. I wasn't able to comprehend bangai-oh spirits but it might be a good game. Also a couple of my buttons weren't working so I gave up once I wasn't able to do basic commands necessary to get through stages of the game.

excuse me, my threads are a designated bully-free zone

I suggest you bully elsewhere

but youre telling us what to do -> bullying

get owned nerd