The Weekly "Vicar of Music" Thread

Esme

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's near'bout the end of my reign (where do the years go?) and i thought it'd be cool to finally post something y'all proles can dance to
[spoiler=Blawan - Getting Me Down]

it's mechanical and (vaguely) sinister but sooo irresistible yw. also let the annals show that this maintains my streak of posting only one (1) song per day, thereby proving absolute power needn't corrupt absolutely. one imagines this exemplary needn't-ing will prompt my swift induction into the vicar hall of fame, wherein a marble bust of my avi's lustrous visage will be tastefully flanked by those of past inductees, inductees like esme and

and i accepted campaign contributions from trip-hop lobbyists. i ain't above shit

also voting Moira if it isn't too late

your vote is in fact exceedingly on-time. i hereby relinquish the office of sf vicar of music to sf user moira

So I'm gonna start of the week with a song from one of my faves, Lone. This is the 4th track off his most recent album, Reality Testing. It has lots of wonderful songs, so if you like this you should check it out.

The second song is called Nobody But You, by Kimbra. You might remember her form the popular song Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye. She has been one of my absolute favorite artists for about five years now. I love her.

now that i've found proper time to listen to these songs, i gotta say very good so far.

lone really evokes the dreamy, hazy feel of the album cover.

also, i've seen kimbra's name tossed around a few times, but i never really thought anything of her. guess i see what i've been missing.

So today I'd like to introduce everyone to the wonderful world of future funk. An offshoot of the infamous vaporwave genre, it basically features heavy sampling of 80's funk/disco. Most of it is terrible, comes with some bad anime/game related gif, and I totally love it. Check out the channel this video is from for a boatload more.

For my next song, I've chosen Master of None by Beach House. I haven't actually listened to the majority of their music, only their first album, but I'm a big fan of it.