The Weekly "Vicar of Music" Thread

Esme

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

b153779337605d906920aa766e7a8b92.png

Look, vapourwave isn't normally my aesthetic, but if I have to do some really boring and mundane activity while being hyped by background noises, well, it's good at that. I'd do a fucking exam to this given the chance. And, hell, sometimes I'm just in the mood for it. Some music fits some days.

Tomorrow's the finale, and we're going back to basics. Stay tuned, and all.

Oh i know this song, it was in Hotline Miami 2! Though it sounds more like synthwave than vaporwave to me, but its close enough

i'm gonna kick this off with midori. i have no idea how to describe this band. jazz punk rock? whatever it is it's fucking electrifying, and you should give it a spin. this is one of the more subdued tracks on this album, so i thought it'd be a good idea to use it

[spoiler=a little bonus]

SO I COULDN'T DECIDE ON JUST 7 TRACKS AND I ENDED UP PICKING DOUBLE AS MANY, so i'm posting two songs per day sorry lmao

if you like any of the songs i post, feel free to say so and i'll try to recommend more stuff like it if you're fine with that!

Edited by fuccboi

SO I COULDN'T DECIDE ON JUST 7 TRACKS AND I ENDED UP PICKING DOUBLE AS MANY, so i'm posting two songs per day sorry lmao

if you like any of the songs i post, feel free to say so and i'll try to recommend more stuff like it if you're fine with that!

Double the songs, double the fun! Also that midori song is really great, I'l definitely be checking out their other stuff when I can. I also welcome any recommendations if you want to share.

Double the songs, double the fun! Also that midori song is really great, I'l definitely be checking out their other stuff when I can. I also welcome any recommendations if you want to share.

check that whole album out (あらためまして、はじめまして、ミドリです。), it's great

for similar things there's... maybe melt-banana? they give me a similar vibe. i don't know a lot about melt-banana though. i think midori have a pretty unique sound

Edited by fuccboi

check that whole album out (あらためまして、はじめまして、ミドリです。), it's great

for similar things there's... maybe melt-banana? they give me a similar vibe. i don't know a lot about melt-banana though. i think midori have a pretty unique sound

Will do, thanks!

so today is almendra, which was luis alberto spinetta's first project. i've shared other spinetta work before, but this is one of my favourite songs by him. like i said last time, it's a shame many of you won't be able to understand his powerful, evocative lyrics, and even if i translated them the meaning wouldn't be the same because of tiny quirks of language and twists of phrase that have a lot more meaning in spanish than they might in english. however, i'll try to convey the point of the song.

its name is A Estos Hombres Tristes (to these sad men) and the first to lines go as follows:

Salva tu piel, la ciudad te llevó el verano
Ponte color, que al morir los hombres son blancos

roughly translated to:

Save your skin, the city took your summer
Give yourself colour, for men are white in death

[spoiler=bonus]

i was gonna post big poppa here but literally everyone's heard big poppa so i decided to post this short ep instead (actually meant to post the first song but i can't find it on its own on youtube lmao)

Edited by fuccboi

thee silver mt. zion, one of my favourite bands. this is the opening track off their most recent album, fuck off get free we pour light on everything. don't think about the long ass pretentios post-rocky names too hard

[spoiler=bonus]

sounds a lot like old flylo

Edited by fuccboi