The Official US English Fates Website Updated

CrimeanRoyalKnight

Laslow, lmao :D I think I now know why your speed isn't great.

And Benoit to Benny... It's not bad, but it's just too... ordinary now? I still prefer the original for my Nohrian husbando. Same thing with changing Eponine to Nina; not bad, but a little plain.

I actually approve Tsukuyomi getting changed into Hayato, since Hayato is somewhat referencing his Wind Tribe origins. Tsukuyomi just seem to come out of nowhere. The Shinto moon god as an annoying teenager... I can't say I like it. And I'm happy they kept Nyx, Oboro, and Hinata.

Nishiki to Kaden will always be a no for me.

And man, they tried pretty hard with that Cordelia anagram. I'm still secretly hoping that Gurei won't get a super ridiculous anagram, though, since Gurei isn't an anagram of Gaia.

His Japanese name is Guire.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did they figure Guire out of Gaia?

The same way they got Denis out of Donny. Very specific, obscure pronunciations.

In my accent, saying Guire like guile sounds exactly the same as Gaia so there's that. For Denis I guess they were going for French? Who knows man.

But it's グレイ in katakana, which is gurei in Romaji. Why would it be Guire? And even if it is, it's still not an anagram of Gaia.

They're based off their "English" or official Japanese romanisations, like the ones in the 4koma profile sections.

For example, Tharja in Japanese is literally サーリャ (Saarya) but the "romanisation" is Sallya, hence Shara's "official romanisation" is Syalla.

EDIT: As for the "it's still not an anagram of Gaia," my point was that it was never Gaia. His name in Japanese is Guire as per the "official romanisation" of the Japanese version. Does that make sense?

Edited by nordopolica

I don't know about you guys, but I think "Rhajat" is pretty fun to say when you pronounce it without the "t" and give a little "oomph" to that "j". "Rah-ja". Sounds kinda French, but the name looks Egyptian, which is the vibe I get from her design as well as her Tharja design.

For the record, I used to pronounce "Tharja" as "Tar-juh". Now, I pronounce it as "Thar-yuh" which is probably the official pronunciation. (So "Rhajat" is probably pronounced as "Rah-yaht" which sounds lame and almost sounds like "riot".

Edited by Giga Man

They're based off their "English" or official Japanese romanisations, like the ones in the 4koma profile sections.

For example, Tharja in Japanese is literally サーリャ (Saarya) but the "romanisation" is Sallya, hence Shara's "official romanisation" is Syalla.

EDIT: As for the "it's still not an anagram of Gaia," my point was that it was never Gaia. His name in Japanese is Guire as per the "official romanisation" of the Japanese version. Does that make sense?

Ah, I see it now. Well, back to worrying about Gurei's name then...

Laslow, huh. After Selena I was so prepared for Indigo or something like that! :D I guess I like it, but I don't see any connection to his Awakening name...

Caeldori is the only name change I don't like (okay, changing Eponine to Nina makes me a little sad but I can live with it). I appreciate they tried, but it's a bit cringey.

It's confirmed. NoA (Treehouse?) hates the French.

The same way they got Denis out of Donny. Very specific, obscure pronunciations.
[...] For Denis I guess they were going for French? Who knows man.

I assumed it is. Denis is a French name pronounced similar to "Duh-NEE". If you look up the song "Denis" by Blondie (a cover of Denise with the gender-swapped), that's how it's pronounced.

I preferred Denis, but Donnel was fine. Now... Benny? I was fine with Donny because it's a nickname in-universe, but... Benny?!

And now they changed Garou (fr. "werewolf", from loup-garou) to wolfskin!

I'm actually glad about the change. I wonder what Managarmr will end up as.

And then they changed Eponine (though given how you pronounce "-nine", I get what they were going for). Way to get rid of a nice Les Mis reference, NoA!

So yeah, NoA's hatred of the French confirmed.

KIdding. But Benny really irks me.

I don't know about you guys, but I think "Rhajat" is pretty fun to say when you pronounce it without the "t" and give a little "oomph" to that "j". "Rah-ja". Sounds kinda French, but the name looks Egyptian, which is the vibe I get from her design as well as her Tharja design.

For the record, I used to pronounce "Tharja" as "Tar-juh". Now, I pronounce it as "Thar-yuh" which is probably the official pronunciation. (So "Rhajat" is probably pronounced as "Rah-yaht" which sounds lame and almost sounds like "riot".

That pronunciation will only make me think of princess jasmine's tiger....

Edited by iavasechui

Gray will probably stay Gray. He's already the only Awakening clone without an anagram name, and his name is already a codename in the first place. And as many have mentioned, the choice of the color "Gray" has significance in his support with Saizo.

Kaden is literally my OC's name and it's a pretty cute name at that!! I love it!

Also Kaden's Voice Actor is Bryce Papenbrook aka Henry my husband!! (If my ears are correct)

Edited by ChocolaChao

It's confirmed. NoA (Treehouse?) hates the French.

I assumed it is. Denis is a French name pronounced similar to "Duh-NEE". If you look up the song "Denis" by Blondie (a cover of Denise with the gender-swapped), that's how it's pronounced.

I preferred Denis, but Donnel was fine. Now... Benny? I was fine with Donny because it's a nickname in-universe, but... Benny?!

And now they changed Garou (fr. "werewolf", from loup-garou) to wolfskin!

I'm actually glad about the change. I wonder what Managarmr will end up as.

And then they changed Eponine (though given how you pronounce "-nine", I get what they were going for). Way to get rid of a nice Les Mis reference, NoA!

So yeah, NoA's hatred of the French confirmed.

KIdding. But Benny really irks me.

Next up: Soleil is changed to Sunny

Hey, I'm perfectly fine with it. The most recent front page article on here says Kaden might be Nishiki's new name, so at least Tsukuyomi got switched to a japanese sounding name. Kaden is not a Japanese sounding name eat all.

I am a bit bothered by Kaden for Nishiki? Umm, what was wrong with Nishiki? Kitsunes are japanese. -_-

I was so salty over Nishiki -> Kaden that I gave my friend high blood pressure, so she slapped me with this.

花伝 【かでん】 Kaden (feminine name; first kanji means "flower")

瓜田 【かでん】 Kaden (place; a melon field)

火田 【かでん】 Kaden (noun; "slash-and-burn agriculture." Can also be read as "Hida", a surname.)

河伝 【かでん】 Kaden (surname; "river path")

Stuff in the parenthesis was my own research, so it could be wrong.

I guess it's pronounced "Kah-den"? Just not sure if "Kah-den" or "Kah-den."

It doesn't make me hate it less, but after I had my meltdown over it and know it's actually Japanese... I'm just meh.

"Caeldori," on the other hand...

Y'know I think VA for Silas is Yuri Lowenthal aka the voice for my other Boyfriends.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, Kaden could be Yuri Lowenthal instead.

Edited by ChocolaChao

Stuff in the parenthesis was my own research, so it could be wrong.

I guess it's pronounced "Kah-den"? Just not sure if "Kah-den" or "Kah-den."

There's no stress in Japanese; you pronounce syllables distinctly, like Ka-Den.

Y'know I think VA for Silas is Yuri Lowenthal aka the voice for my other Boyfriends.

I thought I even heard some Yuri in Niles as well. He usually does do 2-3 characters because of his "range".

No forget my last post. Kaden is definitely Bryce Papenbrook. I feel it in my skin.

I thought I even heard some Yuri in Niles as well. He usually does do 2-3 characters because of his "range".

Yeah me too! Yuri is either Silas or Niles, but I need to hear more voices to be sure!!

also his range sucks it's either Yosuke voice or Sasuke voice.

Edited by ChocolaChao

He tweeted me, he's not Hinata.

Edited by Elieson

He tweeted me, he's not Hinata.

Who tweeted you? I'm not talking about Hinata.

You mean Kaden and Yuri? or Silas and Yuri?

Edited by ChocolaChao

Somebody was and I tweeted him out of curiosity, I'm curious but hopeful too, that we'll figure out who he is before credits emerge!

Somebody was and I tweeted him out of curiosity, I'm curious but hopeful too, that we'll figure out who he is before credits emerge!

My bet's on default Male Corrin at least. The Smash Bros. grunts sound way too much like him.

Though something I did note is that Corrin seemed to be entirely silent in the demos we've seen. Maybe the localization added a "no voice" option in customization?

Edited by The DanMan