The Official US English Fates Website Updated

CrimeanRoyalKnight

I was just thinking, but doesn't Felicia's english voice actually fits Flora?

Makes me wonder if they will the same voice actress since they are twins.

Maybe Kaze and Saizo as well.

Edited by Water Mage

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no stress in Japanese; you pronounce syllables distinctly, like Ka-Den.

not quite. there's ha-shi (chopsticks) vs ha-shi (bridge) vs ha-shi (edge) or ni hon (2 sticks of) or ni-hon (Japan)

Edited by GoXDS

Huh, I thought Flora joined you when you played Nohr, but does it matter? She's still a pretty 'important character' in the game.

she is the big sister of Felicia, One of the almost main characters of the game

Edited by Michelaar

...Dude, spoilers. Some of us here, including me, did not know this. >_>

That's not really a spoiler, it's in their character descriptions, and you learn this in he very first chapter.

Michelaar however is saying spoilers.

Cover them dude.

Edited by Water Mage

I was just thinking, but doesn't Felicia's english voice actually fits Flora?

Makes me wonder if they will the same voice actress since they are twins.

Maybe Kaze and Saizo as well.

Uhm... Felicia and Flora are not twins, Flora IS older.

Kaze and Saizo are indeed

That's not really a spoiler, it's in their character descriptions, and you learn this in he very first chapter.

Michelaar however is saying spoilers.

Cover them dude.

Yeah, I'll agree that Michelaar's post is more spoilery then. He needs to put tags on that.

I wouldn't be complaining, though I'm sure quite a few would be.

I wouldnt be too arsed if Hoshidans were not S rankable either since i was never planning on S ranking them. But again, there is that thing about all the content. Not getting all the content intended for the game when it jumps the pond, is kinda ;/

Well, I wouldn't say Kaden isn't exactly un-Japanese, though

c909824e9a.png

I think this is better name for a Rotom.

Not that google translate was reliable to begin with which I've learned of that mistake long ago. :/

Rhajat > Raj. Who's going to be Clam?

I am very against a lot of these. Reina is a nice name, but Yuugiri is much better. And Caeldori is silly though I wasn't expecting anything too amazing after Rhajat. Hopefully they go with Usagi for Gurei. I guess I'll just have to get used to these. It isn't like my complaining will actually do anything.

Reina's good. It'll get me to think of Final Fantasy III and V characters of Reina which FE is slowly turning into.

Laslow, lmao :D I think I now know why your speed isn't great.

And Benoit to Benny... It's not bad, but it's just too... ordinary now? I still prefer the original for my Nohrian husbando. Same thing with changing Eponine to Nina; not bad, but a little plain.

I actually approve Tsukuyomi getting changed into Hayato, since Hayato is somewhat referencing his Wind Tribe origins. Tsukuyomi just seem to come out of nowhere. The Shinto moon god as an annoying teenager... I can't say I like it. And I'm happy they kept Nyx, Oboro, and Hinata.

Nishiki to Kaden will always be a no for me.

And man, they tried pretty hard with that Cordelia anagram. I'm still secretly hoping that Gurei won't get a super ridiculous anagram, though, since Gurei isn't an anagram of Gaia.

I'm somewhat concerned about Shinonome's and Kisaragi's names now...

I would of though that they'd go with Ephanie or something. But...Nina's good...too. :)

Probably hers will stay the same in NOE's game since she is named from a french pier.

0777798a93.png

man I love her work too :(

It would have been nice to see her role as Felicia since she did Ash in Pokemon for a long ass time.

Better yet, she'd be perfect for Hayato's role as she does wonderful doing little boys roles.

Arthur sounds like how he looks. Captain America style. Felicias voice actor is not bad, but damn that voice does not fit her for sure. Its fine except for one qoute line. Ike?

Flora should have got that voice since she's the older sibling.

not quite. there's ha-shi (chopsticks) vs ha-shi (bridge) vs ha-shi (edge) or ni hon (2 sticks of) or ni-hon (Japan)

That's actually raising inflection verses lowering inflection, which is not quite the same as putting emphases on a certain part of the word. (I have a book detailing this) It's raising the sound of your voice on the first or second part, rather than stressing any certain part of the word.

I just realized Asama's name changed to Azama.

Yeah, it kinda annoys me, but after mulling it over a bit I guess they changed it because pronouncing Asama may sound like you're saying Osama which can then translate to Osama Bin Laden. So about another possible touchy subject to avoid much like Marx to Alex. I swear, much of localization over with Nintendo or very close interaction with them seems to be largely a case of trying to avoid any and all possible controversy in recent years. Imho I'd rather they get someone like Atlus/NISA/XSEED/IFI on this than they do it if it means they (Nintendo/Treehouse/8-Bit) will be messing with a lot of the content in these titles. I personally like much of the Disgaea, Neptunia, Fairy Fencer, Rune Factory, and so much more translations than what Nintendo has done for titles like FE and Fatal Frame.

Edited by Kanethedragon

I don't think they'll axe the Hoshidan sibling S-supports. Takumi and Leo were designed with the intent of being very attractive to players, so denying marriage access to them would be somewhat counterproductive.

Edited by Anomalocaris

[1/27/16 8:07:56 PM] Boron: At least Niles is a real name

[1/27/16 8:07:59 PM] literally screaming G I A N T D O N G S: clmaodori
[1/27/16 8:08:07 PM] Boron: Chlamydia
[1/27/16 8:08:14 PM] Vash Stupeo Scienticia: NO
[1/27/16 8:08:16 PM] literally screaming G I A N T D O N G S: hahahaha
[1/27/16 8:08:24 PM] literally screaming G I A N T D O N G S: her new name is now chlamydia
[1/27/16 8:08:33 PM] Boron: Calamari chlamydia
[1/27/16 8:08:40 PM] Terrador: NO
[1/27/16 8:08:47 PM] Vash Stupeo Scienticia: I'm suing all of you
The localization of Matoi's name is bringing me great joy now. From Caeldori to calamari to chlamydia, I wonder how far we can go.

[1/27/16 8:07:56 PM] Boron: At least Niles is a real name

[1/27/16 8:07:59 PM] literally screaming G I A N T D O N G S: clmaodori
[1/27/16 8:08:07 PM] Boron: Chlamydia
[1/27/16 8:08:14 PM] Vash Stupeo Scienticia: NO
[1/27/16 8:08:16 PM] literally screaming G I A N T D O N G S: hahahaha
[1/27/16 8:08:24 PM] literally screaming G I A N T D O N G S: her new name is now chlamydia
[1/27/16 8:08:33 PM] Boron: Calamari chlamydia
[1/27/16 8:08:40 PM] Terrador: NO
[1/27/16 8:08:47 PM] Vash Stupeo Scienticia: I'm suing all of you
The localization of Matoi's name is bringing me great joy now. From Caeldori to calamari to chlamydia, I wonder how far we can go.

i wish i skyped with people who knew about fire emblem that were constantly talking, its usually just me yelling at a blank wall about my fe problems

... Candelabra

Okay, idk what people's problem with Caeldori is

Caeldori sounds Welsh. If Thomas and Friends has taught me anything, it's that Welsh is the best language in the world. I prefer it to Matoi, Cordelia, AND Tiamo

fite me

fights you

No, but in all seriousness... it may sound like it's Welsh, but it's not. it's not even a name. Or anything. If you google Caeldori you just get links of people talking about this game.

It's the honest to god equivalent of going to a name anagram site, punching in Cordelia, and finding something that sounds the least ridiculous.

I actually timed myself finding alternative names and found that Mary and its derivatives have a meaning almost word-for-word identical to Cordelia (star of the sea for Mary and daughter of the sea for Cordelia), and Mary has a Japanese form - all in about... ten minutes?

Which brings me to my closing point.

It's a Welsh-sounding name.

For a character who hails from the fictional equivalent of Japan.

Just.

No.

Edited by Vashiane

i wish i skyped with people who knew about fire emblem that were constantly talking, its usually just me yelling at a blank wall about my fe problems

... Candelabra

i skype with plenty of people who know about fire emblem that constantly talk, they just never talk about fire emblem

i think candelabra is my favorite one

Edited by maybe