The Important Question

CaitlynMellark

Everyone is going crazy over Soleil's support being changed, & Skinship being removed

But what about the REAL question?

Does Marth amiibo speak English or Japanese in the English game?

Marth has NEVER spoken English, so would he speak Japanese still?

((Pictures are from Facebook & Youtube. Marth Clones because this is Marth thread & Midori because... YANDERE DEV, YANDERE DEV! Is Marth gunna speak Japanese?!))

post-18391-0-94393100-1454136840_thumb.jpeg

post-18391-0-49799200-1454136851_thumb.jpeg

I'm sure he'll speak English.

I lose my shit at the end of all of these voice clip videos with all those grunts and deep breaths.

He sounds so funny xD He reminds me of someone but I don't know who

One of IGN's videos shows the beginning of the Marth battle.

And yes, Yuri Lowenthal is voicing him again (and thankfully better this time).

Hm, where? I saw the video where they talked to Lucina, then went to Marth's map, & the lady was like: NO WE ARE NOT BATTLING HIM YET

Was it in there? I was paying attention to the guy getting excited

Hm, where? I saw the video where they talked to Lucina, then went to Marth's map, & the lady was like: NO WE ARE NOT BATTLING HIM YET

Was it in there? I was paying attention to the guy getting excited

Yes, you can hear him say "My humble thanks" when he appears on screen.

Yes, you can hear him say "My humble thanks" when he appears on screen.

Ew English xD But yay, he knows English

I was hoping for some minna miteite kure action like he did in the Japanese version, though

Edited by CaitlynMellark

Ew English xD But yay, he knows English

I was hoping for some minna miteite kure action like he did in the Japanese version, though

Why in the world would you expect that?

The only reason they won't give him an English voice in Smash is because they're lazy (didn't even get Cloud's English VA to do some lines).

Marth's voice in Smash is less lazy and more "Everybody is used to it after 2 games. Why change it now?" You may think to yourself, "That's still laziness!" But, I think it's fanservice. There are a lot of people out there like Caitlyn that want to keep hearing "minna, miteite kure" when they play Marth. Just like how Ganondorf still has variants of Captain Falcon's moves.

Cloud not having an English voice could be blamed on Squeenix or the developers not having the resources to spend on hiring the actor.

Edited by Giga Man

Marth's voice in Smash is less lazy and more "Everybody is used to it after 2 games. Why change it now?" You may think to yourself, "That's still laziness!" But, I think it's fanservice. There are a lot of people out there like Caitlyn that want to keep hearing "minna, miteite kure" when they play Marth. Just like how Ganondorf still has variants of Captain Falcon's moves.

Cloud not having an English voice could be blamed on Squeenix or the developers not having the resources to spend on hiring the actor.

He says minna miteite kure in the Japanese Fates if he gets a crit

And I think that is beautiful

If him saying that is fanservice, I need fanservice xD

I think the reason that Marth, Roy, and a few others don't have English VAs in Smash is mostly due to their original games not having English voice actors (or being out in the West at the time), so they just kept it to where he has kept a Japanese voice actor in Smash. It's kind of why Bayonetta will have only her English voice actress for her Bayonetta skin, but both English and Japanese for her Bayonetta 2 skin for the Japanese version of that Smash DLC. Compared to Smash, it wouldn't make sense for Fates to have Marth speaking Japanese due to everyone having an English voice actor.

The real question also remains, is there going to be a patch where Roy's amiibo works with the game?! : O

Won't know until Roy's amiibo comes out. I know when Alison Rapp visited IGN back in December, the guy for IGN asked if Roy would follow suit and Alison played coy. Not saying that's confirmation or denial, though. We also have to wonder if Corrin's amiibo would be patched in and what that might do. XD

I think the reason that Marth, Roy, and a few others don't have English VAs in Smash is mostly due to their original games not having English voice actors (or being out in the West at the time), so they just kept it to where he has kept a Japanese voice actor in Smash. It's kind of why Bayonetta will have only her English voice actress for her Bayonetta skin, but both English and Japanese for her Bayonetta 2 skin for the Japanese version of that Smash DLC. Compared to Smash, it wouldn't make sense for Fates to have Marth speaking Japanese due to everyone having an English voice actor.

I hate to bring this off-topic, but huh?

I hate to bring this off-topic, but huh?

In Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS, Bayonetta has two different "skins" (color palettes) that are based on her original game appearance and her appearance in the sequel. The Japanese version of Smash will feature Bayonetta's Japanese voice actress only for her Bayonetta 2 outfit since she didn't have a Japanese voice actress until the Bayonetta anime film that was brought back for Bayonetta 2.

Won't know until Roy's amiibo comes out. I know when Alison Rapp visited IGN back in December, the guy for IGN asked if Roy would follow suit and Alison played coy. Not saying that's confirmation or denial, though. We also have to wonder if Corrin's amiibo would be patched in and what that might do. XD

Oooommm...that gives me some hope, yo. Corrin's amiibo, i honestly cant think of what it could do (except maybe recruit a Corrin of the opposite gender or something but i think you can do that anyway? Like...with visiting other people's Castles?). So who knows. But i want Roy, dammit!

Oooommm...that gives me some hope, yo. Corrin's amiibo, i honestly cant think of what it could do (except maybe recruit a Corrin of the opposite gender or something but i think you can do that anyway? Like...with visiting other people's Castles?). So who knows. But i want Roy, dammit!

Maybe it gives you a special weapon or accessory?

I want so much for a corrin amiibo

In Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS, Bayonetta has two different "skins" (color palettes) that are based on her original game appearance and her appearance in the sequel. The Japanese version of Smash will feature Bayonetta's Japanese voice actress only for her Bayonetta 2 outfit since she didn't have a Japanese voice actress until the Bayonetta anime film that was brought back for Bayonetta 2.

I know about the skins, but was the voice part confirmed? That's weird. I mean, it's not something I'd complain about, and it's kinda cool in a way (cuz her English voice is perfect and all walks of life must listen to it). It's just... weird, at least in Smash Bros.' standards.

Edited by Giga Man

I know about the skins, but was the voice part confirmed? That's weird. I mean, it's not something I'd complain about, and it's kinda cool in a way (cuz her English voice is perfect and all walks of life must listen to it). It's just... weird, at least in Smash Bros.' standards.

It is indeed confirmed. In the Japanese version of the Bayonetta reveal, once she appears in her Bayonetta outfit, it's Helena Taylor voicing her.