Straight from Sakurai's mouth: Kamui available Feb 4th.

shadowofchaos

Poor Ike too. He watched his mom die...

Lucina, too (I think). And Link, arguably, since the Deku Tree was totally his mom & dad

Edited by Elieson

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this is earlier than I expected. That's good though, I was tired of waiting.

Sorry, who's Kamui? I only know Corrin*

*this actually really angers me seeing people call Corrin Kamui especially because you know they don't call Robin Reflet

Kamui and Robin are the better names, imo.

Lucina, too (I think). And Link, arguably, since the Deku Tree was totally his mom & dad

Fates spoiler

Corry too. His mom died and he killed her spirit.

Also, the deku tree is the OoT/MM Link. This link is from TP.

Edited by Blade_of_Light

Poor Ike too. He watched his mom die...

To be fair, Ike's memory of his mother's death was suppressed immediately after the fact, and depending on what you believe, him remembering might not even be canon, since it can only happen on a second playthrough of FE10.

Roy also qualifies, as Ninian his mom dies between the events of FE7 and FE6.

Oh man, Rosalina too. That might be one of the worst ones.

Edited by Jave

Okay, this is earlier then I expected. To think that later this week I will already be able to listen to the cute noises that Kamui makes when he gets touched by the blast line. And the Clock Tower actually looks like a pretty good stage. And it seems like this time we will actually get well-served when it comes to the music.

While I have no idea how it could possibly be implemented, considering how many Street Fighter mechanics Ryu had I wonder if Bayonetta may actually have Dodge Offset in some fashion.

Edited by BrightBow

Looking forward to Corrin. Looks like he will be a lot of fun. I'm not really excited for bayonetta so I probably won't get her, but damn does she look like she is going to be a complete nightmare in For Glory. I definitely won't be online for a good month in smash.

Looking forward to Corrin. Looks like he will be a lot of fun. I'm not really excited for bayonetta so I probably won't get her, but damn does she look like she is going to be a complete nightmare in For Glory. I definitely won't be online for a good month in smash.

why would this bother you

if other people enjoying themselves bother you that much then don't play online

I think he's just saying he doesn't want to deal with playing against Bayonetta online for a while (maybe because of Witch Time spam or crazy combos or something), not anything to do with the people enjoying the character.

I in no way said I was bothered by it. I only said that because for the first few weeks For Glory will be nothing but a Bayonetta fest. I did the same exact thing when cloud released because it was the same thing. It gets a little boring fighting the same character over and over, especially when people are still learning the character. I have no problem with people enjoying the character. I personally have no interest in her, but that doesn't mean others can't be excited about her. Edited by Tolvir

To be fair, Ike's memory of his mother's death was suppressed immediately after the fact, and depending on what you believe, him remembering might not even be canon, since it can only happen on a second playthrough of FE10.

Roy also qualifies, as Ninian his mom dies between the events of FE7 and FE6.

Oh man, Rosalina too. That might be one of the worst ones.

He still knows his mother is dead and was killed by his own father. You can't at all say Ike wouldn't feel some pain.

Edited by Anacybele

[spoiler=spoilers for tons of stuff and major Xenoblade spoilers]lol Ike is far from the only one in that situation so he should join the club

Jr doesn't even have a known mother and kidnaps Peach to simulate having a mom

Hinawa got gutted far worse than Elena

Robin's mom is probably dead by the beginning of Awakening

Villager never sees his parents even though they're still alive. That's probably worse than having a dead parent

Samus's parents are dead

Shulk's parents died at the same time he did. If Zanza never entered him, he'd have stayed dead like his parents, and his father figure betrays him and tries to kill him yet again

Ness however can easily "ask his mum" because calling Mom is a necessary mechanic in EarthBound

Edited by Ms. Andrews

I think he's just saying he doesn't want to deal with playing against Bayonetta online for a while (maybe because of Witch Time spam or crazy combos or something), not anything to do with the people enjoying the character.

Yeah, I can see people spamming Witch Time, but it does get weaker if it is spammed, so I wouldn't worry to much.

Honestly, I think Rosalina has it the worst.

Her mom died when she was a little girl but she was too young to comprehend death and she kept waiting under the tree for her mom to come back. The only reason she went into space with the Lumas was to find her mom. She returns to the Mushroom Kingdom every 100 years and she still hasn't found her mom. So she's been searching for centuries with no luck and she'll continue to search as well.

Then again, I'm also super biased towards Rosalina because I'm a major fanboy.

Honestly, I think Rosalina has it the worst.

Her mom died when she was a little girl but she was too young to comprehend death and she kept waiting under the tree for her mom to come back. The only reason she went into space with the Lumas was to find her mom. She returns to the Mushroom Kingdom every 100 years and she still hasn't found her mom. So she's been searching for centuries with no luck and she'll continue to search as well.

Then again, I'm also super biased towards Rosalina because I'm a major fanboy.

Yeah this is probably right. I don't think that she's still looking though, is she? I though that the storybook ended with Rosalina accepting her mother's death and her role as the Luma's mother

well Shulk too but still she's pretty sad

I don't remember anything in Rosalina's backstory saying her mom died when she was little. Or that her dad died. Just that she pretty much ran away from them to help a Luma find its mother. They probably are dead at this point though, because, I mean, Rosy is obviously at least a thousand years old...

Don't get me wrong, I love Rosalina, she's my third favorite Mario character after Luigi and Daisy.

Also, I never said Ike was the only one in this situation or had it the worst... I honestly don't know who would, many of these stories are so sad.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't remember anything in Rosalina's backstory saying her mom died when she was little. Or that her dad died. Just that she pretty much ran away from them to help a Luma find its mother. They probably are dead at this point though, because, I mean, Rosy is obviously at least a thousand years old...

Don't get me wrong, I love Rosalina, she's my third favorite Mario character after Luigi and Daisy.

They state it pretty much outright that her mom died. Idk about her dad, but the Storybook has that chapter about her mom resting under a tree back home or something.

It's in her storybook. She's the little girl in the story. Nothing was said about her dad, but we're considered with asking moms, not dads.

@Andrews: I know she accepted being the mom but I don't recall anything about her not looking anymore.

Funnily enough, I think Luma takes the taunt the easiest because his mom is right beside him.

They state it pretty much outright that her mom died. Idk about her dad, but the Storybook has that chapter about her mom resting under a tree back home or something.

Where? Show me. It hasn't been that long since I last played through SMG. Maybe I just didn't interpret the story right or something. I do suck at that...

EDIT: I know Rosalina is the little girl in that book...

Edited by Anacybele

http://www.mariowiki.com/Rosalina's_Storybook

Chapter 4. I think that's the most that it's said. I guess it could be up to interpretation, but I'd say it's pretty certain.

also wow I hadn't read it in a while and rereading it now hit me really really hard omg

EDIT: also Chapter 7. I'd say that her mom's fate is pretty black and white, but not the rest of her family.

Edited by Ms. Andrews

I assumed that part was just a dream just like the chapter's title says. And that when Rosalina said she'd never see her mom again, she meant because she went traveling into space. But yeah, it could also mean that the mom is dead. It's up to interpretation, I guess.

This is a bit off-topic, but this mom talk reminds that Rosalina's backstory and relationship with mother was going to be expanded on Super Mario Galaxy 2, but Miyamoto axed it, saying that the game didn't need a story.

There's even a picture of it:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-XCEkNelOVkVTElPf22ONcernuVAieXtqUbtHwvNPCXR0Fz0P