Opinions on the Localized Names.

SaltyBucket

Hi guys, looks like we got some new names from Twitter. Can't link for some reason (maybe because I'm new??), but it's Jenni Lada on Twitter. She posted about her online team.

Siegbert and Soleil are the same, thankfully, but Forrest...? Please tell me that's not Foleo.

Edit: Oh, and Shigure's the same too.

Yeah looks like Foleo is Forrest Gump.

I'm always looking forward to see what new names they come up with so tbh I'm kind of underwhelmed with the three that stayed the same (still happy, though!)

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, looks like we got some new names from Twitter. Can't link for some reason (maybe because I'm new??), but it's Jenni Lada on Twitter. She posted about her online team.

Siegbert and Soleil are the same, thankfully, but Forrest...? Please tell me that's not Foleo.

Edit: Oh, and Shigure's the same too.

I would bet that Forrest is Foleo. Can anyone link to the twitter account's picture?

EDIT:

Found it:

https://twitter.com/JMariye/status/697988379036774402

Edited by Leif

I could be wrong, but isn't Forrest a gender neutral name? If so it would fit his character.

Hmm, pretty sure it's generally a masculine name, but nowadays almost every name is used for any gender. I think they chose it because... Foleo...Forrest.

I guess it's that and Byrnhildr (Leo's tome) summons trees. So Forrest.

Oh yeah this too. Nice catch!

Edited by nordopolica

the only name changes I did not like at all are the ones repeating names from previous FE games. like, there is a THIRD art(h)ur now. wtf treehouse. just do a damn google search to check for repeated names.

Edited by Axie

The change to Forrest is kinda weird for me mostly because I have a friend that knows him as "the Maribelle look-a-like". Iunno it sounded better saying "the Maribelle look-a-like, Foleo" than saying "the Maribelle look-a-like, Forrest". If going to gender neutral Francis may have been better imo. I'll probably get used to it though, considering that I'm already used to my favorite husband, Laslow.

I'm also good with Soleil, Siegbert, and Shigure staying the same. However, there was a part of me that after seeing it suggested, would have loved to see Soleil get localized to Sunny. It would have been a more unnecessary change, but one I could embrace like the change from Crimson to Scarlet.

EDIT: Now considering Leo's tome, the name Forrest has grown on me more. The Nohr brother's a freaking NERDS.

Edited by ladyfoster

I like that Soleil went unchanged because it's a super pretty name and fitting for his daughter, but I also can't wait to hear how many people pronounce it Solayl and trust me I already know a few.

I really can't wait to see what the other kids' names have in store.

So did both of the Nohr brothers name their sons after their personal weapons

Because that's pretty cute

Ryouma: Ah! A daughter! I'll name her Raiko!

Sakura: its a boy

Ryouma: SHINO IT IS

Edit: and with this line of thinking kisaragi would just be "fuu" or "jin"

Edited by Ebony

So Siegbert keeps his name huh. I'm prepared for jokes about Xander naming his son after his sword.

"Son, you were named after the bravest sword I ever knew."

"Oh my god Dad"

bad joke is bad

The Nohr brothers are such dorks

Edited by Shadowess

I like the change from Foleo to Forrest. Though I'll be highly disappointed at any and all Forrest Gump references. :P:

brb finding a good ginger for Aqua to marry :P:

EDIT: If the producers were inane enough to let me marry him, I'm totally making an avatar named Sagiri.

Edited by eclipse

Forrest? Oh well, sounds ok to me... Still a boy right? It's ok, at least sounds similar to Foleo

I'm happy Shigure keep his name! Congratz boy!

Now... I hope Kisaragi keep his name too

So Siegbert keeps his name huh. I'm prepared for jokes about Xander naming his son after his sword.

Oh, I actually make a joke about that in my fanfic...

I'm glad Soleil and Shigure are the same, although I kinda wish Siegbert was changed into something else, like Sieghard but eh.

So Forrest, huh? I know it's most likely a reference to Leon's tome and all but for some reason, I just can't see Leon naming him that.

Some Nurse or whatever : Here is your son, sir.

Leon : Ah yes, thank you.

Leon's Wife : Have you thought of a name for him? ...You're not going to name Bryn or something, right?

Leon : No, no. I am not like Xander. (Xander : Hey!)

Leon's Wife : Then what will be his name?

Leon : Hmm. (Looks at some random forest) ...Perfect.

I think it would have been cuter if he's name was Bryn or Brynsley. Would have kept the reference and look better but whatever.

So now only Shinonome, Kisaragi, Grey, Mitama, Hisame, Velour, Ignis, and Lutz are left. I can't wait to see them.

Edited by December Knight

Actually, it's nothing exciting, but Ophelia was apparently confirmed on the same twitter a day ago. Again, sorry I can't link guys, but if you just scroll down a bit on Jenni Lada's posts, she mentions how "Sophie, Nina, Ophelia, and Midori" joined her army.

She also replied to someone asking about Draj (which is why I was back on her page to begin with). Apparently Draj is now Candace. Neither of these tweets had photos, but as it's the same reviewer as before, I assume we can trust them.

Edit: Ninja'd. But hey, glad to have a link for it!

Edited by FEHypeTrain