Opinions on the Localized Names.

SaltyBucket

So now only Shinonome, Kisaragi, Grey, Mitama, Hisame, Velour, Ignis, Lutz, and Ophelia are left. I can't wait to see them.

The twitter account who reported about Forrest also said they already recruited Ophelia. So that name seems to have remained the same.

Edit: Oops, too slow. Sorry.

Edited by May_Patra

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tweet saids that Ophelia is the same.

The twitter account who reported about Forrest also said they already recruited Ophelia. So that name seems to have remained the same.

Edit: Oops, too slow. Sorry.

Actually, it's nothing exciting, but Ophelia was apparently confirmed on the same twitter a day ago. Again, sorry I can't link guys, but if you just scroll down a bit on Jenni Lada's posts, she mentions how "Sophie, Nina, Ophelia, and Midori" joined her army.

Ahh, okay. I must have missed that, sorry about that!

Midori - I like this better than Midoriko.

Candace - Hoo boy do I have a lot to say about this. . .but that's under "personal opinion", and as such, has no place on a public message board.

Also I think I read somewhere that Dia's name is now Dwyer?

Yeah, on Gamespot's stream, the girl playing said Deere was Dwyer (And that he and Jakob sucked).

I'm very glad to see Soleil's name still the same:) how do you pronounce it? I'm seeing a lot of different pronunciations for the names, I'm Mexican so for that reason we pronounce the names different:)

I've heard someone pronouncing it like Soh-lay so I assume that's right

Nohrsibs are such fucking nerds naming their kids after their weapons I love this

Yeah, the Nohrian princes naming their kids after their weapons is really cute.

The more I think about it the more I like the name Forrest for Foleo. Not only is it a nice reference to Leo's tome, but I also like how clearly masculine the name is. I kinda expected them to give him an unisex name, which would've made him just another trap. But Foleo doesn't intend to make anyone think he is female with his clothes, as he states in several of his supports. So I think that name works perfectly.

Now I'm curious to see how Ryoma's and Takumi's kids will be named.

i'm disappointed I would've been really happy if leo's son was foleo

Midori - I like this better than Midoriko.

Candace - Hoo boy do I have a lot to say about this. . .but that's under "personal opinion", and as such, has no place on a public message board.

Well, thread does have "opinions" in the title

Will take a bit of getting used to Foleo's new name (TBH, I've never seen Forrest Gump). BTW, since we now know that someone has Soleil, any chance someone can contact her over Twitter and ask her about the contents of the Corrin/Soleil support. I'm curious how they changed it.

Selena: I like it more than Luna, though I think both are good names. I just wish it wasn't so similar to Severa.

Fun fact: Her name is Serena/Selena in Awakening in Japanese, so you saying that last part made me flinch/chuckle.

Yeah, the Nohrian princes naming their kids after their weapons is really cute.

The more I think about it the more I like the name Forrest for Foleo. Not only is it a nice reference to Leo's tome, but I also like how clearly masculine the name is. I kinda expected them to give him an unisex name, which would've made him just another trap. But Foleo doesn't intend to make anyone think he is female with his clothes, as he states in several of his supports. So I think that name works perfectly.

Now I'm curious to see how Ryoma's and Takumi's kids will be named.

What's interesting is that I've actually seen girl named Forrest before. I think she was a contestant on Jeopardy MANY years back.

At least Candace(Probably off topic, but I forgot, why do people call her Draj not Dragee?) is similar to the word candy so it kind of keeps its meaning.

I'm really surprise Soleil kept her name, I thought it would be changed for sure. And I expected Foleo to get changed, but I thought it would be something more feminine, but I like Forrest a lot. I can't wait to find out the other kids's names, especially Kisaragi, Gurei, and Velour. I'm hoping Kisaragi stays the same just so I can make KagePro jokes about him and Kagero. I'm praying for Usagi for Gurei since I think that is the best case scenario and I really want Velour to just stay the same since I think it is a pretty name.