FE Special Edition Unboxing and Fates LiveStream Central

Elieson

I remember the GameXplain dude said he had only 2 hours in total to showcase the game or something and he has already used them up (1 hour for Nohr and 1 hour for Hoshido). I don't know if that's the time limit Nintendo allowed them to showcase the game. If that's the case, I guess there are no more live streams, at least not anymore for Xplain or Polygon.

Ah damn, that sucks. XD Oh well. Thanks for letting me know. :D

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The GameXplain guy said that he can stream Revelation for 20 minutes, and that's going to happen sometime early next week. I don't think there's going to be more live streams, but there will be other videos (I think the Polygon guy said that they will soon have a lot of video coverage of Fates).

GameXPlain's Revelation stream starting now

Immediately begins with "You can S-Rank Elise. Not A+." Lolll

Starting at the Branch

Chapter 6->Revelations

"Into The Ground"

Edited by Elieson

GameXPlain's Revelation stream starting now

Immediately begins with "You can S-Rank Elise. Not A+." Lolll

Starting at the Branch

Chapter 6->Revelations

"Into The Ground"

Wincest confirmed /s Edited by TheFantasm

We got some dialogue, two chapter names and a bit of translated Azura's / Plot's backstory out of it.

Not too bad overall. No Game Overs at least

Wow, I never expected them to show that part in a livestream before the game hit considering the massive spoilers in the beginning of the path.

In fact, I'd recommend anyone interested in playing Birthright or Conquest first not to watch this.

Edited by Thane

Wow, I never expected them to show that part in a livestream before the game hit considering the massive spoilers in the beginning of the path.

In fact, I'd recommend anyone interested in playing Birthright or Conquest first not to watch this.

As someone who has been critical of Fates plot, what is your opinion on the dialogue changes?

GameXPlain just streamed Ch 6-7 on all three paths and Hoshido and Nohr for 1hr and 15min and Revelations for 30min. My antsy for this game has at last arisen. Putting it here to avoid unnessesary dialogue in a serious area. But...very excited for this game now after watching GameXPlains vids of each path of Ch's6&7. Nintendo does it again. No more complaints. Please.

Edited by PuffPuff

As someone who has been critical of Fates plot, what is your opinion on the dialogue changes?

In short:

[spoiler=Stream spoilers only]"He destroyed an entire kingdom?! For no reason at all?!"

"Yes."

I haven't watched the other streams because I've got no reason to and I'm doing my best to forget the game's plot, but from the VERY little I*ve seen, it doesn't seem to have changed any of the core problems.

GameXPlain just streamed Ch 6-7 on all three paths and Hoshido and Nohr for 1hr and 15min and Revelations for 30min. My antsy for this game has at last arisen. Putting it here to avoid unnessesary dialogue in a serious area. But...very excited for this game now after watching GameXPlains vids of each path of Ch's6&7. Nintendo does it again. No more complaints. Please.

Are you trying to silence criticism against the game on a forum dedicated to discussing it? Why?

Are you trying to silence criticism against the game on a forum dedicated to discussing it? Why?

You don't have to like it if you don't want to.

But...Nintendo always makes the right decisions to make the games fun for anyone to play. I love this game and it will be one of my top three games of the series...

1. FEAwakening/Fates/FE1 NES (No order)

2. FE3/5

3. FE4/2 (No order)

Some people will feel the same! :)

Others that don't well...that's your choice.

Edited by PuffPuff

But...Nintendo always makes the right decisions to make the games fun for anyone to play. I love this game and it will be one of my top three games of the series...

2. FE4/2 (No order)

You don't have to comment on it if you don't want to.

2. FE4/2 (No order)

Some people will feel the same! :)

Others that don't well...that's your choice.

You liking the game is one thing - everyone has different opinions about things and while I disagree with yours, I won't try to change it.

However, trying to stifle debate because it might end up hurting someone else's opinion is something else entirely; you're on a forum which is dedicated to primarily discussing Fire Emblem, and that includes the negative aspects of which there are plenty.

Nintendo most certainly doesn't always make the right choice. I tend to enjoy their games but that doesn't mean they're infallible, like their dated views on YouTube or what have you.

USgamer's Kat Bailey just streamed the first six chapters of Fates (with female avatar). It will be uploaded on their Youtube channel, but here's the archived stream from Twitch, if someone wants to watch it.

http://www.twitch.tv/usgamernet/v/43346052

...Is Jakob voiced by Ben Diskin? I know he said he voiced many characters for this game, but I'm kinda impressed.

Edited by Carnation

I only watched up until the end of the second chapter, but now I can say with absolute certainty who the third female avatar voice is: Stephanie Lemelin. Ever since the customization video came out, that voice option sounded incredibly familiar, but I couldn't place it until now. Now I've realized that what I was hearing was my favorite character from Young Justice, Artemis.

I checked out the actress's voice work too, since I'd never heard her in a video game. While she hadn't done much, Stephanie Lemelin DID voice a main character, from as recently as a 2014 game. So yeah, with that and her distinct voice, I'm pretty confident it's her.

Edited by FEHypeTrain