Small thing about English version you're happiest about?

Kaze

I wish I could've tried for the Special Edition, but I didn't want Conquest. Imo, there's no point in getting a route that you're not going to bother with.

I'm honestly curious as to why you don't want to play Conquest since you love Tellius' gameplay so much. From everything I've heard, Conquest has level design in a similar vein to those games and FE5.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm honestly curious as to why you don't want to play Conquest since you love Tellius' gameplay so much. From everything I've heard, Conquest has level design in a similar vein to those games and FE5.

The plot and characters look boring/terrible to me though. 2/3 things I'm not liking. But yeah, if I could just give gameplay like that to Birthright...

I can understand not liking the character designs of Nohr. I'm not a big fan of a lot of the designs (save for a few), but I'm still getting the special edition because I want the entire story of Fates, which comes from playing all three.

Is this for real!?

If this is true, my weird headcanons take a whole new meaning

Cam Clarke voices Corrin in Smash and one or two of the voice options are Cam Clarke, too.

Cam Clarke also voiced Aladdin, sang Simba's singing voice in The Lion King II, and other stuff. I knew his name was familiar to me! (looked him up) Yay for Aladdin in this game. :D

EDIT: Actually, it's a different Aladdin than the one I'm thinking of (Disney's Aladdin), but the Lion King thing is still true. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Cam Clarke voices Corrin in Smash and one or two of the voice options are Cam Clarke, too.

It's official, Fates is on the right track to being my favorite game in the series. If Corrin was voiced by David Hayter, it WOULD be my favorite game in the series

I'm happy for Oboro keeping her name!! I was worried they changed it to something that doesn't fit her (also I really like her name)...

And to finally being close to playing the game

Cam Clarke also voiced Aladdin, sang Simba's singing voice in The Lion King II, and other stuff. I knew his name was familiar to me! (looked him up) Yay for Aladdin in this game. :D

EDIT: Actually, it's a different Aladdin than the one I'm thinking of (Disney's Aladdin), but the Lion King thing is still true. xP

He's also Leonardo from the 1980s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon, Kratos in Tales of Symphonia, Sky in Jade Empire, and he'll be doing Kaizer Oblivion in Bravely Second. Dude's been around the block a few times.

The plot and characters look boring/terrible to me though. 2/3 things I'm not liking. But yeah, if I could just give gameplay like that to Birthright...

Ah, I guess I'm different from you in that, so long as the gameplay is good, I can just completely ignore the story and characters. Granted Nohr's characters appeal to me more for the most part, but still

He's also Leonardo from the 1980s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon, Kratos in Tales of Symphonia, Sky in Jade Empire, and he'll be doing Kaizer Oblivion in Bravely Second. Dude's been around the block a few times.

Yeah, I can tell. He's done a LOT of work. He doesn't even look his age either, he looks younger than 58 to me. No wonder he can voice a teenage-looking dragon boy.

I'm happiest about face-rubbing getting the boot, of course. Good riddance!

Which should only be for waifu's, husbando's and homo's only. Doing this to strangers is just*sigh*...ugh. -.-

-----

Elise' voice and leaving the Hoshido's script alone! :)

Which should only be for waifu's, husbando's and homo's only. Doing this to strangers is just*sigh*...ugh. -.-

-----

i have given up trying to understand you

Definitely the English voice acting. Honestly don't even mind the removal of dual-audio anymore, with the way the English voices turned out this time around.

The only voice I'm not too big on still is Elfie's, but I think even then I'll enjoy it later.

i have given up trying to understand you.

Tbh, me too.

Anyway, I'm happiest how Takumi and his retainers have kept their names. I almost yelled when I saw Oboro and Hinata.

Also, Kaden's laugh is so great.

Edited by MidoriMage

Finally getting to find out what the hell #BlameTakumi means

Azura's singing. I've listened to the song in Smash over and over. It's rare a dubbed song gets someone who can ACTUALLY SING. (Looking at you, Ashley's Song English version in Smash, which always sounded horrible) Rena Strober does it so well, even though some of the lyrics sound a bit awkward she still manages to make the song beautiful to listen to. I've looked her up and apparently she does Broadway (she was in at least one production of Les Mis), I'm impressed the localization managed to get someone like that. Clearly they know her singing is important enough to the game to give it the attention it deserves.

Also, I like Cam Clarke is Corrin, probably more than David Vincent as Male Robin. Though now I'm going to picture him singing "We Are One" to the army...

The ability to use accented letters. This is something that's dumb to be excited about, but I had accepted the fact that I wouldn't be able to use Élodie with the proper accented E for my female Corrin.

!!!!this is a thing? I AM SCREAMING! My first MU's name was planned to be Hveðrungr but i was gonna name him Hvedrungr in the game because the ð not being a thing. But you tellin' me that theres gonna be a thing like that! OMG you dont even know how chuffed that makes me! His name will be right!

Cam Clarke has some hella range if hes sounding like Corrin The Piss Baby. Yeah i cant wait. Hveðrungr is gonna rock his voice. (he was also Kratos in Tales of Symphonia. Probably my favorite game character he ever voiced.)

Im just really excited about the game in general, and that i can still chit chat with my guys. Even if i cant pat them on the head.