Dakota's War Journal (Semiblind Fire Emblem Fates RP/LP) (Send me your castles!)

Alastor15243

LP direction  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should I do about covering the Paralogues?

• Cover all of them
    • Only cover the ones relevant to Dakota or that you feel you can do something interesting with
    • Don't cover any of them
  2. 2. What should I be able to edit about my character in Conquest/Revealtion?

• Boon/Bane, but not Talent
    • Talent, but not Boon/Bane
    • Both
    • Neither
    • Do what you like
  3. 3. Should I use the path bonus items?

• Yes
    • No

1: Can you battle me in my castle some? I could really use some more battle points, I'm at around 140 right now and there's this item that for plot reasons I'd like to have available at some point in Revelation that's somewhat higher on the list.

I'm not sure if castle visits and battles carry over between saves, but I can battle when I visit anyways. Everyone in my castle gets a fox tail now cause of how often you've visited so it's the least I can do.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if castle visits and battles carry over between saves, but I can battle when I visit anyways.

I'm pretty sure that like with renown in Awakening, if you save after the endgame with a value higher than your record, that becomes your new record and is what you start every file with. Thanks btw.

Everyone in my castle gets a fox tail now cause of how often you've visited so it's the least I can do.

HAHAHA! Oh wow I have always sent fox tails for a really long time haven't I? Well I regret nothing! Fox tails are the best!

Edited by Alastor15243

I'm pretty sure that like with renown in Awakening, if you save after the endgame with a value higher than your record, that becomes your new record and is what you start every file with. Thanks btw.

...I just realized that the reason that visits probably didn't carry over between my saves is because I kept a save at chapter 6 and moved on from there. Whoops.

HAHAHA! Oh wow I have always sent fox tails for a really long time haven't I? Well I regret nothing! Fox tails are the best!

They're like, the one accessory that everyone likes, save for Niles cause he doesn't like anything I give to him.

...I just realized that the reason that visits probably didn't carry over between my saves is because I kept a save at chapter 6 and moved on from there. Whoops.

They're like, the one accessory that everyone likes, save for Niles cause he doesn't like anything I give to him.

Give him a bath towel, he loves those.

THat's not actualy how it works. THe value is stored per cart on a nintendo server somewhere, and you need to use "update data" for points to transfer over. THey will actualy transfer to previous save files as soon as you update data, even if you don;t complete the game.

Oh sorry I didn't clarify, I'm talking about a "my castle" battle using a certain ruleset I'll elaborate on later. Basically I want people who think they can assemble a powerful and tricky team to be given the heads up, though I can't give enough details for them to truly be prepared yet.

On this, I think I've set up my castle with some pretty strong defenses. Between the castle layout and my units' overall high stats...

post-22951-0-06554000-1468079767_thumb.jpg

post-22951-0-84814200-1468079807_thumb.jpg

..You might have a bit of a rough time.

(I'm having a bit of a rough time adding images to posts, the site says that the image extension isn't allowed no matter what I try to post)

On this, I think I've set up my castle with some pretty strong defenses. Between the castle layout and my units' overall high stats...

attachicon.gifcastle defenses.jpg

attachicon.gifrenn stats.jpg

..You might have a bit of a rough time.

(I'm having a bit of a rough time adding images to posts, the site says that the image extension isn't allowed no matter what I try to post)

Niiice.

However there are some certain details about this I haven't revealed that mean that particular one may or may not be usable. I'll reveal the details a couple entries from now, and it's a late-revelations thing, so you'll have plenty of time to prepare if you're interested.

Alright, the next part is incoming, but in the meantime, I just want to let people know that I changed one line in the previous entry because I realized I had made a mistake and it violated canon somewhat.

here is the changed line, changes in bold:

[spoiler=From]

Dakota: ...Father, you forgot Raijinto.

Garon: (Turns back and smiles) Keep it. It's yours now.

Dakota: ...What...?

Garon: You heard what Ryoma said. Everyone but Takumi is dead now. Once we find him, you will be the last descendant of the Dawn Dragon on the face of the earth. Your descendants will now be the rightful wielders of the weapons of light, and all of the holy weapons will belong to the kingdom of Nohr. (Smirks) That's how my own father made sure all of the Nohrian holy weapons went to his own family. Only now do I finally... appreciate... just how hard he worked to ensure the Nohrian regalia went to his bloodline alone.

[spoiler=To]

Garon: You heard what Ryoma said. Everyone but Takumi is dead now. Once we find him, you will be the last descendant of the Dawn Dragon on the face of the earth. Your descendants will now be the rightful wielders of the weapons of light, and all of the holy weapons will belong to the kingdom of Nohr. (Smirks) Of course, that's not strictly why my grandmother went about systematically killing all of the royals in Nohr... apparently she did it to stop the entitled territorial squabbling that plagued the nation and instill central authority among the city-states... but one must admit... having all three of the Nohrian royal weapons in her bloodline... was definitely a bonus...

[spoiler=Reasoning]

I previously established in the entry before last that the famine caused Garon and Anastasia to bring the panicking city-states under control by force and strip them of their autonomy entirely in the time of crisis.

...This, of course, requires there to be city-states.

The original text implies that Garon's father went about killing literally every Dusk Dragon descendant in the country solely for power-hungry purposes and yet still left the city-state system intact, which, when that finally occurred to me...

...Yeah no, that makes no sense.

So instead, I'm having it that TWO rulers back (and I did say in the opera house scene that it was Garon's grandmother, and not his grandfather, who held the crown in that generation) Garon's Grandmother, a bit of a well-intentioned extremist, went about culling the divine bloodline down to almost nothing so that the various descendants of the Dusk Dragon, who throughout history were constantly warring with each other for territory whenever the bloodline got too large and territory got too divided up, stopped doing that, and then for the first time ever put non-divine people in charge of the various city-states while having the divine bloodline serve more as a central government.

This seems more reasonable to me.

Sorry for the confusion. Any questions?

Edited by Alastor15243

Alright, the next part is incoming, but in the meantime, I just want to let people know that I changed one line in the previous entry because I realized I had made a mistake and it violated canon somewhat.

here is the changed line, changes in bold:

[spoiler=From]

Garon: You heard what Ryoma said. Everyone but Takumi is dead now. Once we find him, you will be the last descendant of the Dawn Dragon on the face of the earth. Your descendants will now be the rightful wielders of the weapons of light, and all of the holy weapons will belong to the kingdom of Nohr. (Smirks) That's how my own father made sure all of the Nohrian holy weapons went to his own family. Only now do I finally... appreciate... just how hard he worked to ensure the Nohrian regalia went to his bloodline alone.

[spoiler=To]

Garon: You heard what Ryoma said. Everyone but Takumi is dead now. Once we find him, you will be the last descendant of the Dawn Dragon on the face of the earth. Your descendants will now be the rightful wielders of the weapons of light, and all of the holy weapons will belong to the kingdom of Nohr. (Smirks) Of course, that's not strictly why my grandmother went about systematically killing all of the royals in Nohr... apparently she did it to stop the entitled territorial squabbling that plagued the nation and instill central authority among the city-states... but one must admit... having all three of the Nohrian royal weapons in her bloodline... was definitely a bonus...

[spoiler=Reasoning]

I previously established in the entry before last that the famine caused Garon and Anastasia to bring the panicking city-states under control by force and strip them of their autonomy entirely in the time of crisis.

...This, of course, requires there to be city-states.

The original text implies that Garon's father went about killing literally every Dusk Dragon descendant in the country and yet still left the city-state system intact, which, when that finally occurred to me...

...Yeah no, that makes no sense.

So instead, I'm having it that TWO rulers back (and I did say in the opera house scene that it was Garon's grandmother, and not his grandfather, who held the crown in that generation) Garon's Grandmother, a bit of a well-intentioned extremist, went about culling the divine bloodline down to almost nothing so that the various descendants of the Dawn Dragon, who throughout history were constantly warring with each other for territory whenever the bloodline got too large and territory got too divided up, stopped doing that, and then for the first time ever put non-divine people in charge of the various city-states while having the divine bloodline serve more as a central government.

This seems more reasonable to me.

Sorry for the confusion. Any questions?

I'll be honest, I didn't even catch that on the first read through. I tend to miss small details like that fairly often cause I read fast though. Also, I think I know what item you're trying to get from the battle rewards list. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess...

[spoiler=le guess]

The weapon you get at 400 battles? That seems like something you would work in.

I'll be honest, I didn't even catch that on the first read through. I tend to miss small details like that fairly often cause I read fast though. Also, I think I know what item you're trying to get from the battle rewards list. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess...

[spoiler=le guess]

The weapon you get at 400 battles? That seems like something you would work in.

No comment.

Anyway, sorry again for the delay. I'm almost done with the pre-battle text (Holy shit did I have to do a lot of it), I just want to sleep on it to see if looking at it after writing it makes me see any significant flaws. Then I'll get started on the actual battle.

And thanks to everyone who has been supporting My Castle!

Hey guys, sorry for another delay, but I need to take a few days to fully brainstorm, assemble and write down a certain... timeline... to make sure that it actually works.

I promise you I'll do everything in my power to make it worth the wait.

So...

Sorry for the delay guys. I've got it worked out and I'm writing the next part as we speak.

I've just been under a bit of stress making sure everything works out and makes sense because, well... I guess you'll see, hopefully in the next few days. It doesn't help that I chose the last few weeks to give up energy drinks, but I'm past that now.

I have to say - you're story is freaking AWESOME.

It's so much better then the original storyline, starting with Dakota's character which is way more better for the game - espacilly with the development. Please, please continue this awesome story.

Hey, don't worry if it takes awhile for updates to come out. If you get too stressed to enjoy writing them then playing through won't be as enjoyble. Just take your time, we don't mind waiting a bit longer.

Hey, don't worry if it takes awhile for updates to come out. If you get too stressed to enjoy writing them then playing through won't be as enjoyble. Just take your time, we don't mind waiting a bit longer.

Alright.

Man this part has been a stressful bitch to write. See, I wound up running into a few plot holes I hadn't considered, some things didn't make sense, and it wound up driving me nuts for weeks working out how to make what I had planned mesh with the unexpected turn of chapter 26 (I was seriously not expecting them to actually wait outside the throne room, what a pathetic cop-out, we won't even get to witness his actual transformation?). But I've finally managed to sort everything out, and I think I can finally start actually playing the chapter tomorrow, if all goes well.

Sorry again for the delay.

It's totally okay. I've loved this series to death over the past two months, and I think that even if this chapter and the twists that come with it are a bitch, you'll totally be able to pull it off. Best of luck, and I can't wait for the next chapter!

Entry 29

jHehrbq.jpg

(Dakota gently places Raijinto down on the ground in front of Kana and Velouria, then stands up again. Kana and Velouria stare at it.)

Velouria: That's... Uncle Ryoma's katana...

Dakota: ...Yes. The Raijinto. Garon says that I'm the last descendant of the Dawn Dragon left alive. ...Which means that one of you is the new rightful wielder.

Velouria: What about you?

Dakota: I tried it already. I don't think anyone can have two divine weapons bound to them at once. Go ahead. Grab it by the handle.

Kana: ...What happens if we're not worthy? Will it hurt us?

Dakota: No, no, sweetie, it won't hurt you, it just won't work. See?

(Dakota picks up the blade and slaps it blade-first against the palm of her left hand three times)

Dakota: See? Completely dull. It's the lightning that gives it its edge and power. Xander says the Nohrian weapons are the same way, the magic needs to flow through the weapons before they can actually do any damage. Velouria, you're the oldest, why don't you try first?

(Velouria, only slightly nervous, takes the Raijinto and holds it aloft. Several seconds pass, but not a single spark flies from the blade.)

Velouria: ...Nothing. Figures. I'm no good with weapons anyway. If Hinoka didn't get the Fujin Yumi, I doubted I'd get this.

Dakota: Right, I just thought it was worth checking. I guess that means it's yours, Kana.

(Kana stares at the katana in Velouria's hands for several seconds)

Dakota: Kana? Are you listening?

(Kana cracks a fake smile, still staring at the Raijinto)

Kana: ...Y'know... for as long as I can remember... which I guess isn't that long, really... I've always wanted my own legendary weapon. I dreamed of leaping into battle and beating the bad guys with a super-cool sword only I can use. I... I wanted my own special sword... I wanted to be special... just like you, Mama. I... I always kept thinking of how awesome it would be if I could use the Yato, or really any of those weapons.

(Kana stares at the Raijinto more)

Kana: ...This is how you get them, isn't it? This is... this is always how someone gets them... isn't it? ...Your mama... or your papa... or your uncle... somebody in your family has to die... don't they?

Dakota: …

Kana: ...I don't want the Yato anymore, Mama. I don't want any of them.

Dakota: ...Sweetheart, I'm so sorry... But if it's yours, that would be a huge help. We have no idea what's going to happen after we disable Garon's armor. Your strength is way better than your magic, this would be extremely useful for you.

Kana: …

Dakota: ...Look, Ryoma said himself that one day one of my descendants would stand up to Garon's evil. This is exactly what he'd want the Raijinto used for.

Kana: ...It's okay, Mama, I understand. I'll do it.

(Kana grabs the Raijinto and holds it aloft.)

(Nothing happens)

Kana: ...What? I don't... I don't understand, Mama...

Dakota: ...Looks like there were some survivors of the villa massacre after all. ...Good for them and all, but... I can't say this isn't a setback.

(Kana stares at the katana, not sure whether to be sad or relieved)

Dakota: Don't worry about it, Kana, you'll do fine without it. Besides, it's just going to be one more battle. We'll have the main royal family head in first, that's all we can do without raising his suspicions. Once we disable Garon's armor, we'll summon you from West Dakota and we'll take him out once and for all. ...Actually, we might not even need your help, depending on how well things go...

(Velouria and Kana stare at Dakota)

Dakota: ...What I'm trying to say... is that this might be the last time I see you before I...

(Dakota hugs her children)

Dakota: I'll find Father again. I promise. No matter what happens, I will find him.

Kana: ...We know you will, Mama.

Velouria: L-like dad would fall for anyone else!

Dakota: I... I love you both so much... you have no idea... I'm sorry about all of this, but I promise, the next time I see you, things will be different...

Kana: D-don't cry, Mama, please...

...Dear War Journal,

...Words cannot express how long I have waited for this moment. I have forced myself to do terrible things in the name of this moment, so many terrible things that my freshly-unearthed grief and guilt have encroached upon the realm of banality when I have written of them, all in the name of seeing the day when this madman can be stopped forever.

...That day is sadly not today. I still have an entire new timeline I need to not screw up before I can truly see that day.

I don't know what I will do. I don't know what new challenges will arise. But I do know one thing:

I'm getting my entire family involved. I'm not betraying anyone, I'm not keeping anyone in the dark out of necessity brought on by my own shortsightedness. I am using what I know to unite the entire continent against this madman, and hopefully that will be enough to bring him down.

But for now... I'll have to settle for the knowledge that I'm correcting all of my mistakes with my final gambit in this world.

LKntcxH.jpgoR7YYd2.jpg

8hglI4V.jpg

Now for the final preparations. It's time at last to break into my reserve treasury. I purchase a Ragnarok tome for... reasons... and then buy a large stockpile of tonics and a recover staff for Elise just in case, forge a new and improved Mozurang for Mozu and a brave axe for Camilla after giving her one of my three... wait... two arms scrolls? That can't be right...

gd475YY.jpg2joVyfN.jpg

...What. The. Hell.

Leo: Greetings, Sister. How go preparations?

Dakota: Leo. Why. Is Elise. In a maid outfit.

Leo: ...It was Elise's idea.

Dakota: Explain. Now.

Leo: After Ryoma said that Bifröst doesn't work... well, I don't think he really understood exactly what he was implying. I refused to believe such a thing, of course. I simply assumed that none of their Hoshidan healers were good enough to use it. ...Forgive me for going behind your back, but I know you have enough on your plate already, so I decided I would conduct my own research on my own.

aTfIb3E.jpg

Leo: So I asked Elise if she could try it out. I class changed her to maid and gave her an arms scroll so she could use it.

Dakota: (Deep breath) I see. So...? What were the results?

Leo: ...I attempted to revive Ryoma. ...It... didn't work.

Leo: …

Dakota: ...What... exactly does that mean?

Leo: I have no idea, Sister. All I know is that it doesn't mean there's something wrong with Bifröst. I know Bifröst works. I've read nearly all of her notes throughout the course of my entire life, including her notes on Bifröst, she repeatedly mentions using it, and all of the theory is sound.

Dakota: But if it's not a problem with Bifröst...

Leo: I'm sorry, Dakota, I just don't know what to tell you... other than that the fact that it's not working chills me to my very core.

Dakota: ...Right. Alright Elise, back to strategist with you.

Elise: ...I want to stay as a maid.

Dakota: ...What?

Elise: Maids are better with staves. I... I want to be the best healer I can be. I don't care what I look like.

Elise: Please. I... I hurt too many people. I just want to save someone.

Dakota: ...Fine. ...This timeline's almost at an end anyway. ...Is everything ready for the chaos surge?

Leo: Yes. Everything's in place. I just need to be within 25 feet of Garon when he sits on the throne, and you need to be within ten to trigger the Heaven Vein.

Dakota: ...Right. We all know what we're supposed to do. ...Good luck, you two.

Leo: ...Good luck, Dakota.

Elise: Good luck, big sister.

Dakota: ...Thank you.

(Dakota is standing in front of Xander and Camilla)

Xander: All of the soldiers are on standby, Dakota. They'll leap to your aid at your signal if anything goes wrong.

Dakota: ...Thank you. ...I guess this is going to be goodbye for a while, then. Once we kill Garon and I go back in time... I'm going to miss having you all on my side.

Xander: ...Dakota... please, accept my apology in advance for all of my stupidity that you will have to suffer.

Dakota: Don't... don't worry about it.

(Camilla walks up and hugs Dakota)

Camilla: I love you so much. We all do. No matter what we do... no matter what we say... never forget that.

Dakota: ...I won't, Camilla.

Xander: We're here for you. All five of us are. No matter what happens when we step back into the main world, we will do absolutely everything in our power to send you back.

Dakota: ...Thank you.

...Right, time to speak with Azura...

Azura: ...Dakota? Are we heading out soon?

Dakota: ...Yes. It's just us royals at first. I'll have the others warp in if anything goes wrong. We have everything set up. Garon sits on the throne, I trigger the Heaven Vein, Leo creates the chaos surge-

Azura: And then I sing the song.

Azura: ...Dakota?

Dakota: ...So... that's something you have to do... is it?

Azura: ...Yes.

Dakota: ...Any... any chance you could explain why?

Azura: It's the only way to dispel the energy in Garon that anchors this timeline. If I don't sing it, even if we kill him, we won't be able to go back into the past.

Dakota: ...So if I don't screw it up next time, you don't have to sing it? ...No... wait... then why did you do it last time, then? You didn't even know about the time travel!

Azura: …

Dakota: Azura... please... why can't you explain this?

Azura: Dakota... I'm sorry... but it's really not important for me to explain it. All you need to know is that I have to sing the song. I have to destroy that power within Garon.

Azura: …

Dakota: ...Alright. I'll accept that... for now.

Azura: Thank you.

Dakota: But this isn't the end of this. I'm going to figure this out in the next timeline.

Azura: I assure you that you'll have bigger issues to deal with. It's... please. I made peace with what I have to do ages ago. Don't worry about me.

Over my dead body, Azura.

s6WkvQi.jpg

...Time to go.

ZDRUO1h.jpg

Here we are, War Journal. The throne room.

AFDdvVS.jpg

And yet the days I've waited since killing Sakura have felt so much longer.

Iago and Hans have been instructed to keep watch outside. Good. This will make it simpler for me. I... what's that... on the wall?

(Inserted is a picture of a Hoshidan royal family portrait hanging on the wall near the doors. Mikoto, Sumeragi, Ryoma, Hinoka, Dakota, Takumi and Sakura are all smiling, or at least the ones old enough to smile are.)

...Damn it. I know, fates, I know. Not a day goes by when I don't think about them, you don't have to torture me with... I... ugh... please... please let this work...

...Wait a second...

(Dakota looks closer at the portrait and looks at the bow Mikoto is carrying)

Is that... is that the Fujin Yumi? Huh. I assumed Takumi had that from before. So he inherited it from Mother immediately after she...?

...Just goes to show how little I paid attention to things over there.

(Xander and Hans pull the massive doors open, revealing no remaining resistance of any kind.)

Here it comes, War Journal.

Vengeance.

Justice.

Atonement.

(Garon, Dakota, Azura, Xander, Camilla, Leo and Elise all walk into the throne room together and approach the massive Hoshidan throne.)

Come on, you son of a bitch, step on that throne! ...That's it, closer, closer... just a little...

(Garon turns left and heads towards the window overlooking the Sea of the Sun)

Garon: ...So this is the Sea of the Sun. ...This is the first time I've ever seen it. ...I can see why people have the audacity to consider it a completely different sea... it's a very convincing illusion, Dakota, but it's an illusion all the same. This sea only looks different because of the Hoshidan light that shines upon it.

Oh for fuck's sake you old man, GET ON THE THRONE ALREADY! ...Stay calm... don't let him see your eagerness...

Garon: Tell me, Dakota... when you look upon the vast sea, this gargantuan expanse of water with no end in sight... what do you think is out there?

Dakota: ...I won't deny that I'm curious, Father... but I have no idea.

Garon: Nor do I. Only that there is something out there.

Dakota: ...What makes you so sure? For all we know, there could be nothing.

Garon: (Grins) Oh yes. That's what my ancestors thought, Dakota. For thousands of years the dusk royals ruled under the delusion that the mighty Dusk Dragon they were descended from was the one single creatrix of all reality, that the island of Nohr was the totality of her grand creation that she had given them to rule. They divided their land amongst their children, who divided their land amongst their own children, and when the land was too heavily divided, they started killing each other to own a larger portion of “the world”. Then when King Marcus the Conqueror got the bright idea to set his sights higher... to conquer the whole continent of Nohr... to rule the whole of the Dusk Dragon's creation... and when he finally succeeded... when he sat upon his new throne and declared himself ruler of all creation... That was when his delusion was shattered! By nothing less than a mighty earthquake that shook and decimated his freshly-won kingdom! And when he sent scouts to the eastern cliffs and mountains to investigate what had happened... they came back with reports not of a view of the eastern sea... but of a whole new world that had come crashing into their own!

What... what the hell...?

Garon: Yes! “Marcus, King of All Creation” was given news of a whole new world, with its own language, its own people, its own wildlife, its own plants, its own legendary weapons, and yes, even its own descendants of its own god! And they say that when he realized just how much bigger the world actually was, and how meaningless his title was... they say he died of shame right there.

(Garon chuckles, but it slowly builds and builds into blasting, cruel laughter)

Garon: THE FOOLS! How could they have possibly not seen that coming!? Look out upon this ocean! A vast sea of nothingness in every direction as far as the eye can see! How could anyone look out upon this and assume the Dusk Dragon had anything to do with its creation!? How could anyone not see the absurdity in thinking that the Dusk Dragon granted the lowly tuna and carp greater dominion over her creation than herself!? How could anyone look at this vast sea and possibly conclude that they were alone in the world!?

(Garon turns to Dakota)

Garon: Tell me, Dakota... having heard this... do you still stand by what you say? Do you still believe it's even possible that there is nothing left out there? That it was just two continents, Hoshido and Nohr, and they just happened to crash into each other!? What self-respecting grand designer would ever settle for exactly two creations!? TWO! What an unbelievably mediocre number! Too big to be intimate and too small to be grand! What creator would ever stop there!? No, Dakota, if there is not one land, then there must be dozens, nay, hundreds of undiscovered lands out there, waiting to be discovered, waiting to be reached... waiting to be conquered.

(Garon steps away from the window and starts slowly walking towards the throne again.

Garon: ...But that is your mission, Dakota. By the time that can even be done, this will be your empire to expand. ...Words cannot express my satisfaction with your performance these past few months. I am confident that one day the Vendelgate name will lay claim to all that there is to claim.

Dakota: Father, you truly honor me with your words.

(Garon sits on the throne)

This... this is it... oh gods... yes... this...

(Dakota slowly approaches the throne as calmly as she can)

Come on, Dakota, stay calm... don't look like you're in a hurry... but don't take too long either or he might step away... come on...

Garon: Tell me, Dakota... Ryoma said something quite ridiculous back at the wind tribe castle before he escaped. Do you remember? I believe he said “It's not about what's possible, it's about what's right.”

Dakota: I seem to remember something like that escaping his lips.

Garon: (Grins) And what would your opinion be on that claim?

(Dakota glances over at Leo, who nods the tiniest fraction of an inch)

Dakota: (Smiles) Honestly, Father? I couldn't tell you.

(Dakota stops ten feet away from the throne)

Dakota: I'll get back to you on that if there turns out to be something I can't do.

oAAffdD.pngvWwl2sw.png

1thwtMg.pngIZnyvH9.png

(The Heaven Vein is triggered. A gargantuan column of light erupts from behind the throne. Leo begins chanting in Elder Nohrian as a cloud of darkness seeps up through the floor. Before Garon can escape, the cloud and the pillar start both being redirected into a spiraling twisting column, completely surrounding the throne.)

Garon: WHAT!?

(Camilla and Xander both seal the great doors shut from the inside. Dakota takes off her butterfly mask and glares at Garon)

Dakota: For nigh on a month now, I've wondered about what I would say to you in this moment. I looked forward to it. So. Much. In every waking moment I had to spare outside of my duties to get here, I brainstormed the words that would leave my lips before you knew no more.

(Dakota takes a deep breath)

Dakota: ...And I have nothing. Nothing meaningful, anyway. Not anymore. Oh, I had ideas, I had plenty of ideas, plenty of one-liners and creeds of justice, words that would go down in history books... but after everything that went wrong... after everything I had to sacrifice, after every atrocity I had to commit to get here... I don't have a single speech, I don't have a single sentiment left to say that doesn't ring hollow and meaningless. Save for one. I can't feel any joy or triumph in doing this, however much I may want to. Because at the end of the day... everything that has befallen this country is in a very real sense my fault... and all this will do is let me fix my own wretched mistakes. So there's really only one thing I can possibly say to you right now.

(Dakota glares at Garon through the vortex of light and dark energy)

Dakota: I hate you. I loathe you on a level unfathomable by any mortal creature. With every fiber of my being, with every tattered shred of my soul, I DESPISE you, Garon. You are a vile, disgusting, reprehensible blight upon all in this world that deserves to live, and the only creature on this earth more despicable than you is a monster of your own creation. And I will not rest, in this reality or any other, until your sphere of influence is roughly the size of the eight foot dungeon cell in which you will spend the rest of your miserable decrepit life! Pray for that reality, Garon. Beg for it, for it is the best future you can ever hope for IN ANY WORLD WHERE I CONTINUE TO BREATHE!

(Leo completes the incantation, and the spiraling column of light and darkness narrows, closing in on Garon, trapped at the center, until...)

(The darkness in the spell suddenly ebbs away, and the light, no longer bound to anything, returns to the column of light from the Heaven Vein)

What... What... What the hell!?

(Garon laughs hysterically. Dakota turns to Leo, who is just as shocked as she is)

Leo: Something's wrong with the catalysts!

Dakota: (Speaks into her sending stone ring) Orange Falcon! Report! What happened to the dark crystals!?

(The return message is full of the sound of projectiles whizzing past in the background)

Kaze: Black Swan! I'm sorry! The dark crystals have been destroyed! We've been compromised! It's-

(Dakota hears Kaze's throat being slashed rather grotesquely before he can finish his sentence)

Dakota: Orange falcon? KAZE!? ANSWER ME! KAZE!

(Dakota looks up upon hearing a sound and sees that the Hoshidan throne room's golden ornamental ceiling dragon is glowing. Suddenly it opens up to a portal, and dozens of Purple Ones descend from it to the floor, surrounding Dakota and the Nohrian royals. Dakota attempts to signal her allies in West Dakota, but nothing happens.)

What... what the hell!? Why isn't anyone coming!?

(Dakota stares at Garon, advancing on him, and draws Grim Yato)

Come on... maybe what Leo managed to do with the spell was enough...

(Dakota charges at Garon, Grim Yato brandished, dodges an axe swing, and delivers a powerful slash... which bounces off of Garon's armor with absolutely no effect whatsoever.)

No... NO! This... THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!

(Garon kicks Dakota while she's taken off guard, and she's flung backwards and promptly swarmed by two berserkers and two generals. The other siblings are all overwhelmed as well and pinned to the ground, their weapons confiscated.)

Xander: D-damn it...!

Elise: LET ME GO, YOU CREEPS!

(One of the Purple Ones steals Azura's necklace)

Azura: MY NECKLACE! NO!

(Garon walks over to Dakota.)

Garon: Break her limbs.

(Dakota screams in agony as the four purple ones bash her elbows and kneecaps in, crippling her completely and rendering her incapable of fighting back or escaping.)

(Elise screams)

Camilla: DAKOTA!

Garon: Excellent.

(Dakota struggles to look at Garon from her position on the floor)

Dakota: What... what the hell are you waiting for...? If you're going to kill me, get on with it...

Garon: Idiot girl. If I wanted to just kill you, don't you think I would have done it by now?

(One of the Purple Ones hands Azura's necklace to Garon, who examines it)

Garon: Hmph... you thought this thing would help you? ...So sorry to disappoint you.

(Garon throws the necklace on the floor and swings Bölverk down upon it. There's a fiery blast. But when it clears, the necklace is totally unharmed.)

Garon: ...Hmph. Figures this would be indestructible as well. (Grins wickedly) No matter. I know one place where it's as good as destroyed.

(Garon picks the necklace up and begins slowly opening his mouth, wider and wider, until suddenly it's far too wide, far too large, for any normal human. His teeth grow charper and more monstrous and his jaws become massive and wider and wider... until he drops the necklace into his gaping maw and swallows it whole. His mouth rapidly shrinks back to normal.)

Azura: (Shrieking) NOOOOOOOOO!

Damn it! Why isn't anyone coming!?

Dakota: Rrgh! (Forces her head upwards) TEAM DAKOTA! ASSEMBLE! NOW!

(West Dakota's glowing sky-blue ball of light materializes, but a vast rune appears, spanning the entire room's floor, and the light is destroyed. The rune fades away.)

Garon: Scream all you want, child, Lilith and your friends back in your precious time castle can't help you.

Dakota: ...You know about that!?

Garon: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! YOU IDIOT! OF COURSE I KNEW ABOUT LILITH AND HER TIME CASTLE! THINK, GIRL! MY PLAN WAS TO GET YOU TO SHIRASAGI, AND YET I HAD GANGLARI THROW YOU OFF THE BRIDGE AT THE BOTTOMLESS CANYON! WHY WOULD I HAVE DONE THAT!? WHY WOULD I HAVE WASTED SUCH VALUABLE TIME AND DELAY MY PLAN IF I DIDN'T KNOW IT WOULD FORCE LILITH TO REVEAL HERSELF AND SAVE YOU!?

...No...

Garon: I knew Koto's little pet must have escaped to somewhere nearby, and I suspected it was Lilith, but I just needed proof. And I got it when she saved you. I almost had her killed right then and there to keep you from having the Time Castle... but I decided against it. It's not like anyone else could have used the thing, and as they say, “a weapon in the hands of a gullible fool is as good as a weapon in yours”.

NO!

Garon: And clearly I was right, or you wouldn't have gone back in time and given me a second chance to enact my plan. (Grins) I don't know what went wrong in the last timeline, but sincerely, thank you so much for your assistance. I couldn't have done it without you.

WHAT.

THE.

FUCK!

(The ceiling dragon portal once again opens, and out drops ???, who gracefully lands on the floor in front of Dakota)

FUCHSIA!?

???: Ah. Good! I see everything's secure.

Dakota: YOU! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!?

???: (Almost skips over and kicks Dakota square in the mouth as he does so) Is everything ready?

(Garon slowly brings his hand over his heart and begins pushing. There is a sickly cloud of purple smoke as his hand slowly sinks into his own chest until it's wrist-deep, before he just-as-slowly retracts his hand, pulling out a metal chain, and then an amulet identical in shape to Azura's, but with jet black metal and a red gem.)

Garon: ...Everything.

Azura: What... what is... that looks just like... no... NO! IT CAN'T BE! DAKOTA, WE'VE MADE A TERRIBLE MISTAKE!

???: Oh, now she gets it! Anyway, the souls are all accounted for.

Garon: Oh? Even the dark ones? Good. I was worried Iago's little act of sabotage wouldn't have been enough. But are you sure?

???: See for yourself.

(??? gestures above him. High on the ceiling, on either side of the Heaven Vein, two cracks in the fabric of space and time begin to form in midair, slowly, slowly, until suddenly they both tear wide open, revealing what appears to be a cage or net made of crossing bolts of pure magic, encasing hundreds of wispy, indistinct glowing people, light in one cage, dark in the other, screaming in unimaginable agony)

Garon: (Grins wickedly) Excellent.

Leo: (Forcing his neck to look upwards while pinned to the ground by Purple Ones, a look of abject horror on his face) ...No... you... what...? What have you done!? How did you... Why... IS THIS WHY BIFRÖST ISN'T WORKING!? DID YOU CAST A NET TRAP ACROSS THE GATES OF HEAVEN AND HELL!? HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN DOING THIS!?

???: (Chuckles) Oh look at them. They don't have the slightest clue what's going on.

Garon: Shall we tell them?

???: (Laughs) Oh yes! That's a brilliant idea! Let's all start monologuing about our plan when we're mere moments from victory!

(Both burst out into laughter, Garon's harsh and cruel, ???'s dissonantly pleasant)

Garon: You're right of course. Actually, I think this is so much more fun, wouldn't you agree?

(Garon and ??? walk up to the Heaven Vein and, each holding part of the black and red amulet, thrust it in to the column of light it emits, causing it to emit the same sickly purple smoke that appeared earlier.)

...I don't have to know what the hell that thing is to know that it can't be anything good.

I... I don't know what's going on, War Journal, but somehow... somehow Garon knew about my plan the entire time. Every step of the way. And yet... and yet he let me get this far... that makes no sense, unless...

...No.

NO!

NO!

Don't tell me... DON'T TELL ME HE'S THE ONE WHO'S BEEN LURING ME INTO THIS ROOM THE ENTIRE TIME!

???: All set!

Garon: Excellent... now... all we need... is the main catalyst...

(Garon walks over to Dakota with a look of manic, monstrous glee on his face, like he is about to get something he has waited for for a long, long time)

Garon: YOUR SOUL!

(He grabs Dakota by the cape, and she, crippled and limp, is forced to watch as Garon starts slowly carrying her towards the pillar of fell smoke)

All of my plans.

(The pillar gets closer)

Everyone's hard work.

(The pillar gets closer)

All of the lives I've taken.

(The pillar gets closer)

Has... has it all been for nothing? Has it been for less than nothing? Have I done nothing but serve Garon's ends this entire goddamned time!? Is this really... is this really how I...?

...I have nothing.

No strength.

No weapons.

No plans.

No backup.

Nothing.

Nothing left.

I'm sorry everyone.

...I'm sorry.

(Dakota loses consciousness from her injuries)

Edited by Alastor15243

???

(Just as Garon is about to pass the throne and approach the corrupted Heaven Vein, the ball of light appears again. The runes also re-appear, but this time, something forces itself through regardless and crashes into the throne, destroying it with the impact in a massive cloud of dust. The dust clears. It's Lilith, staring daggers into Garon and ???.)

???: (Chuckles) Oh look! It's Koto's pet! Here to join your master?

Lilith: (Death glare) Put. Lady. Dakota. Down.

???: (Tilting his head, bemused) Tell me, you overgrown carp... do you have any idea who you're dealing with?

(??? aims the Fujin Yumi at Lilith, and the arrow expands to practically the width of the heaven vein itself before he fires it at her. When the smoke clears, Lilith is unharmed, having formed a small barrier around herself.)

Lilith: THAT... was a VERY POOR CHOICE OF LAST WORDS!

(Lilith takes a deep breath and unleashes a column of astral fire at ??? so strong he is immediately blasted back and out the instantly shattered window behind him. Before Garon can recover from the shock, Lilith makes a flying dive for Dakota and grabs her, tearing her cape out of Garon's grip in the process.)

Garon: STOP HER!

(Lilith begins flying and darting between the Purple Ones now chasing after her, making a beeline for Elise and then blasting away the Purple Ones restraining her before dropping Dakota on the floor. Elise immediately dives for her confiscated staves and examines Dakota's injuries, looking extremely grossed out.)

Elise: This is... this is really bad...

Lilith: Can you fix her!?

Elise: M-my recover staff might do it...

(Elise uses her recover staff repeatedly, once for each of the shattered joints. The flesh and bones knit themselves back together and reposition themselves. As she does this, Lilith seeks out the other restrained Nohrian royals in between blasting away the Purple Ones attempting to interrupt Elise's work.)

Lilith: Leo!

(Lilith fires off a blast at his captors. He retrieves Brynhilder and leaps atop his horse.)

Lilith: Azura!

(Lilith blasts off Azura's captors, letting her run towards Leo to pair up with him as Purple Ones advance on them)

Lilith: Xander!

(Lilith blasts away Xanders captors, allowing Xander to reflexively grab Siegfried and slice at the Purple Ones mere moments away from reaching him)

Lilith: Cami-

(But Camilla forces herself off the floor and presses the berserker against the window behind them as her wyvern, Marzia, crashes through it and grabs the berserker by the neck, biting his head off, letting the decapitated body fall out the window as it disintegrates. Camilla strokes Marzia's neck before leaping onto her back and joining the fray)

Lilith: ...Nevermind.

Garon: YOU INSOLENT LITTLE COCKROACH!

(Garon, in a blind fury, swings Bölverk towards Lilith, Dakota and Elise, sending a volcanic shockwave in their direction while Elise screams. Lilith once again raises a shield. Garon keeps attacking them as he gets closer and closer, Lilith unleashes her astral breath upon him, which merely slows him down.)

Elise: Dakota! Wake up! Please! We need to move! NOW!

(Dakota stirs)

Dakota: Ungh... what... what happened? Did I- (turns to see Lilith fighting Garon) HOLY SHIT!

(Dakota gets to her feet. She, Elise and Lilith all leap out of the way as Garon unleashes another shockwave.)

Lilith: Dakota! Thank goodness... I thought...

Dakota: Lilith, what the hell is going on!? Where is everyone!?

Lilith: Somebody put a seal in this room! As long as you're in it, nobody can leave West Dakota! I managed to force my way through, but everyone else is stuck!

(Dakota looks around)

Come on, where's the son of a bitch with my Yato... THERE!

(Dakota runs after a hero with Dakota's Yato in hand as everyone else moves to regroup in the center of the room)

Lilith: Listen, Dakota, you can't let Garon use your soul to power up that amulet!

(Dakota punches the hero square in the face and impales his head clean through with a dragon lance, retrieving the Grim Yato as the Purple One dies)

Dakota: I gathered! What does it do!?

(Lilith holds off more blasts from a deranged Garon)

Lilith: I only remember a little... but Koto... my master... he spent the better half of his life trying to destroy that thing! It's the reason why I can't send you back in time!

(Azura, Leo, Xander and Camilla catch up with Dakota, Elise and Lilith. As Garon fires another blast at them, Lilith erects another shield around all of them as a swarm of Purple Ones and Garon proceed to attack it from all sides)

Garon: IDIOT CREATURE! YOUR INTERVENTION HAS ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! EVERYTHING IS STILL IN PLACE! THE MINUTE I DESTROY THIS BARRIER, I WILL HAVE DAKOTA'S SOUL AS PLANNED... RIGHT AFTER I WRING YOUR WRETCHED SCALEY NECK!

Lilith: I can keep this up for about a minute, Dakota. I don't suppose you have a plan...?

Dakota: ... You said that amulet is the source of the power in Garon that keeps us from going back in time?

Lilith: Yes!

(Cracks start appearing in Lilith's shield)

Dakota: (Turns to Azura) So this is the thing your song can destroy?

Azura: I... I... I...

Dakota: SPIT IT OUT, AZURA, WE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS!

Azura: I DON'T KNOW, OKAY!? I don't know if that's where the aura came from, I can only assume so based on what Lilith says! All of my powers are from that necklace! I can't sense that aura without it, and I can't sing my songs either! I can't refresh, I can't destroy the amulet, I'm useless without that thing!

Dakota: ...So to go back in time, we need your necklace.

Azura: Yes.

Dakota: Which is inside Garon.

Camilla: Yes.

Dakota: Who's still invincible.

Leo: Very much so.

Dakota: And the dark crystal catalysts have been destroyed. And Kaze's dead.

Lilith: I repeat: Do you have a plan!?

(Dakota looks at Garon, then at the Heaven Vein, and notices that the bottom of it is still pure light, but it's slowly shrinking)

Dakota: ...No. But I do have an incredibly stupid idea.

(Cracks in the barrier continue all the way up and down the other side)

Xander: That'll have to do! What are your orders!?

Dakota: Azura, go with Camilla. Elise, with Leo. (Dakota leaps up in back of Xander's horse) I'm going with Xander. I need you four to give us as much breathing room as you can for a few seconds, there's something Xander and I need to take care of. Lilith, I'm sorry, I need to ask you to hold off Garon for as long as you can, you're the only one who can slow him down. We're going to carve a path straight towards the Heaven Vein before Garon figures out what I'm up to.

Lilith: But if he makes you touch it-

Dakota: Do you trust me?

Lilith: ...To the ends of the Earth, Dakota. I swear I will not fail you.

Dakota: Thank you, Lilith. ...Everyone ready!?

All: READY!

(The barrier shatters. Marzia does a leaping takeoff and Camilla and Azura are in the air. Xander and Dakota plow straight through a mob of Purple Ones while Leo forces a path through with his magic. Lilith rushes straight for Garon and blasts him with astral fire in the face at point blank range.)

Dakota: We're through! Xander, raise Siegfried for me!

(Xander holds Siegfried aloft, continuing his path directly towards the Heaven Vein while Camilla and Leo fight off the soldiers trying to attack on either side of them. Dakota holds the Grim Yato aloft.)

Dakota: Okay, listen up, Yato! Xander has been here for weeks! I know you can use Siegfried to power yourself up! Why you haven't already is a mystery, but I'm telling you right now: you flew to my hand that day. You chose me. There's something resembling a brain inside you. If that brain gives half of a rat's ass about the fate of this world, now would be a good time to do something about it!

r6Z4Ktr.jpg

KPMGZ6J.jpg

FINALLY!

(Garon suddenly notices what Dakota's doing. He breaks off of his fight with Lilith and races towards the Heaven Vein, firing off volcanic blasts at Xander as he does so. One of them hits Xander's horse, knocking Xander down, but Dakota leaps off and races towards the Heaven Vein, dodging further volcanic blasts, before finally reaching the shattered remains of the throne.)

Dark energy?

(Dakota grips the Shadow Yato tightly)

I've got all the dark energy I need RIGHT HERE!

(Dakota thrusts the Shadow Yato directly into what remains of the beam of light of the Heaven Vein.)

AND HERE'S YOUR LIGHT!

(Dakota raises the Shadow Yato, now crackling and swirling with light and dark energy, high above her head.)

This may not work.

(Garon comes charging at Dakota)

This almost certainly won't work.

(Garon leaps up and prepares to knock Dakota into the Heaven Vein by force)

I have absolutely no magical knowledge that would indicate whether or not this even has a chance of working.

(Dakota grips the Shadow Yato tightly)

And yet here I am.

Doing it.

Because what the fuck else is there any point in doing!?

Dakota: HERE'S YOUR CHAOS SURGE YOU SON OF A BITCH!

(Dakota swings the Shadow Yato, firing off a massive crescent slash of light and dark energy that hits Garon directly in the face and consumes his whole body like he had just been set on fire. He screams in abject agony and crashes headlong into the shattered remains of the throne and Dakota just barely manages to avoid being knocked backwards into the Heaven Vein. Dakota looks around. The Purple Ones have been routed.)

...Finally.

...Finally, he's gone.

Now we just need to wait for him to cool off and then we can... eugh... retrieve the necklace from his remains and finish this once and for all.

(Dakota runs to check up with the others. Elise is healing Xander's horse, who has a deep gash in his side)

Xander: Sigurd! Hang in there!

Elise: Don't worry, Xander! I've got one more charge left on my recover staff, Sigurd will be fine!

Dakota: Is... is everyone else okay?

Camilla: I'm fine, sweetie.

Xander: Sigurd took the brunt of that attack, I escaped unscathed.

Elise: Not a scratch on me!

Azura: I am okay as well.

Leo: As am I.

Dakota: Thank goodness.

Leo: Dakota, your sword...

(Dakota looks down at Shadow Yato, which is crackling unhealthily with sputters of black lightning. The aura around it isn't working properly.)

Dakota: Damn it, don't do this to me Yato, not now!

Leo: It's fine. It looks like you just overloaded it when you shoved it into the Heaven Vein. If it's anything like Siegfried or Brynhildr, it'll be back to normal in, say... an hour. But Dakota... we... we need to talk. What you did just now... shouldn't have been possible. There's no conceivable way that you could have done what you just did, not unless-

(Leo, eyes widening, suddenly stares at Dakota as if he's seeing her clearly for the first time in his life. His expression becomes one of total shock, then joy, then horror, then joy, then shock again.)

Dakota: ...Leo?

Leo: ...It's nothing, Dakota... but... I think I just figured out how to prove your story to me in the next timeline.

Dakota: What!?

Leo: Yes. When you go back in time, next time you see me, tell me about what you just did. Tell me how you created that chaos surge and destroyed Garon's armor to kill him.

Dakota: ...Why? Leo, what aren't you telling me? What did you just figure out?

Leo: ...I'm sorry, Dakota, but I have no idea what the implications of what I've just realized could possibly be. But I know one purpose this can serve... and I'm certain it will work best if you don't fully understand.

Dakota: ...Alright. I... I trust you, Leo.

Leo: Thank you, Dakota.

(Lilith flies over, panting heavily)

Lilith: You're... alive... thank... thank goodness... I... I was so scared...

(Dakota grabs Lilith out of the air and hugs her tightly, before releasing her to hold her at arms length)

Dakota: Lilith, thank you so much, you saved our lives! You were amazing! I didn't know you could do all of that!

Lilith: (Exhausted laugh) Yeah... yeah, that was... that was... that was something, alright...

Dakota: Lilith? ...Lilith, are you okay?

Lilith: ...I'm fine, Dakota. Just... retrieve the necklace... so we can destroy the amulet.

Dakota: ...Right.

(Dakota turns and heads back over to the destroyed throne. The flames of light and darkness have subsided.)

Dakota: ...Alright. Time for some dirty work.

(But as Dakota approaches Garon, Garon suddenly rises and swings at Dakota with Bölverk, blasting her back across the room. Dakota stares in shock and horror at Garon as he stands up completely, now a mess of melted flesh and exposed bones and organs.)

Dakota: WHAT!?

(Garon roars an incoherent, tongueless roar as the ceiling portal opens yet again)

jir7jz7.jpg

Dakota: There isn't a single square inch of unmelted flesh on his entire body, HOW IS THAT SON OF A BITCH STILL ALIVE!?

Xander: ...Dragonheart.

Dakota: Come again?

Xander: It's the Dusk Dragon's blessing, like the Hoshidan dragonvision. Certain Nohrian royals can shrug off fatal injuries through sheer force of will... but to keep going after that... either his will to live is unfathomable, or...

(More Purple Ones come dropping through the portal)

Dakota: No time! We need to get out of this room to summon backup! Everyone! Run!

(Everyone runs for the door. Halfway there, however, Lilith suddenly faints and falls to the ground.)

Dakota: Lilith!

(Dakota rushes to grab Lilith, blasts away several berserkers running towards her, and makes a beeline for the doors. They manage to open it just as Dakota arrives, with the unconscious Lilith in her arms, and then they rush through and force it closed again before the Purple Ones catch up to them. Leo uses Brynhildr to force thick trees to grow in front of the door to keep it closed)

Leo: That should hold them for a little while.

Dakota: Lilith! Lilith, what's wrong!?

(Lilith coughs thrice, and the third cough brings blood to her lips)

Dakota: LILITH! Elise, hurry!

Elise: I'm on it!

(Elise uses mend on Lilith repeatedly, to no visible effect)

Elise: Wh... what? Why isn't this working!?

Lilith: (Coughs) It's not your fault, Elise... healing staves... they only work on living creatures... and I don't... I don't strictly qualify... I usually rely on the Astral Plane to patch me up... but this... this is beyond...

(Lilith coughs up more blood)

Dakota: Lilith, speak to me! What's wrong!? What happened to you!?

Lilith: I... I'm sorry, Dakota... those things I did back there... I'm not supposed to use that kind of power outside of the Astral Plane... or really even in the Astral Plane... strictly speaking... but... but I couldn't let him hurt you...

Dakota: ...Is everything ready to go back in time?

Lilith: ...Yes... I prepared everything before I came here. It'll activate the second you break the amulet.

Dakota: ...Thank you, Lilith. You... you did great. I'll tell you all about what happened when I get back to the past. Until then, my friend.

Lilith: ...

Dakota: (Smiling uncomfortably) ...What? Why are you looking at me like that? It's just going to be an hour, tops!

Lilith: Dakota... I'm sorry... but that's not how it works...

(Dakota stares at Lilith, her eyes widening and her head trembling involuntarily)

Dakota: Wh-what are you talking about? W-we're just about to rewind time! You'll come back just like everyone else! That's how it works!

Lilith: I'm sorry... but that's not how it works for me. I exist... outside of time. Koto... made me to be his assistant in the time castle... somebody his temporal experiments wouldn't affect... That's... that's why I remember everything that happened in the last timeline. Time can't make me forget... and it also can't bring me back.

Dakota: Oh... oh gods... Lilith, you should have said something! I wouldn't have asked you to fight off Garon like that, I would've come up with something!

Lilith: No, Dakota, please... this isn't your fault... I had to go beyond the point of no return... just to force myself... through the seal. I sentenced myself to death the moment I chose to save you... and I regret nothing.

Dakota: Don't you dare say that, Lilith! Come with me back to West Dakota! We'll find a way to fix you up! We... we... we have to! I'll find a way! I ALWAYS FIND A WAY!

Lilith: I'm... so sorry, Dakota... please...

Dakota: DON'T YOU DARE DO THIS TO ME, LILITH! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THIS WITHOUT YOU!? YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE WHO KNOWS HOW WEST DAKOTA WORKS! YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE WHO KNOWS HOW THE TIME TRAVEL WORKS! YOU'RE... *sniff*... You're... you're the only one who understands everything I've been through...

(Dakota starts crying)

Lilith: Dakota... please... don't cry... You'll be fine without me... I know you will... I've never believed in you more than I do right now. You have everything you need... to save the world... I... I'm just glad... that I got to see... how much you've grown. My only regret... is that... it's been... so long... since I got to see you smile...

(Dakota tries to force herself to smile through a stream of tears, but can't)

Lilith: Not... not like that. A real smile. Please don't force yourself. Just... just promise me... promise me you'll find a way to be happy again. Promise me... that where I leave you... isn't... where... you'll... stay...

(Lilith closes her eyes. Her breathing stops.)

Dakota: Lilith? Lilith!?

(Lilith's body begins to glow bright white in Dakota's arms)

Dakota: LILITH! ...No... NO!

(Lilith's body begins to vanish into glistening dust and slip through Dakota's hands and fingers)

Dakota: Please... PLEASE! Don't... don't leave me...

(Dakota screams in abject despair and sobs uncontrollably as the last traces of Lilith's body vanish, leaving nothing but her little white hat)

Dakota: LIIIIIIIIIIILIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITH!

Leo: Dakota... I'm... I'm really sorry, but we have to get out of here. We need to regroup and plan. Take us back to West Dakota.

Dakota: ...You're... you're right. We... oh no.

Leo: What?

Dakota: I can't send us back.

Xander: What!? Is it another rune?

Leo: Doubtful. It would have appeared if that were the case. No... no, it means that we're too close to hostile... (Leo sighs) ...Of course. IAGO! HANS! SHOW YOURSELVES!

pBiQrGL.jpg

Iago: ...Hmph. I don't know how you managed to escape King Garon, but I assure you, young lady, that will be very quickly remedied. Oh how I've waited for this moment. All of those times Garon let you mock me with impunity. All of those jokes at my expense! That ends here, wench!

Kvnn0Q6.jpg

Xander: Don't. You. Dare.

Iago: Well if it isn't Prince Xander! My goodness. You actually defied King Garon? Honestly, I was betting with Hans that he could eat a puppy in front of you and you'd still be his lapdog.

Xander: King Garon is currently little more than a walking pile of melted flesh. I will be king within minutes, so if the two of you want any mercy for your countless war crimes, you will surrender immediately!

Hans: Pfft! Mercy!? You're the ones who should be looking for mercy! You guys have no idea what Garon has in store, do you? Do you have any idea what he's promised us!? What he's promised all of us!?

(Dakota looks behind Hans and Iago to see dozens of powerful, elite troops)

Hans: Better idea: you hand over Dakota, and maybe I'll let you live as my servants in my brand new castle!

S71U6uu.jpg

Leo: I think we all know there's no way in hell that will ever happen. We are all prepared to fight, so I hope that you are all prepared to die.

Hans: Hmph. Big talk-

0DOGpgb.jpg

Camilla: And it's about to get bigger. If any of you take so much as one step closer to my siblings, you'll soon feel my axe at your throat and Marzia's jaws on your skull!

Elise: Lilith... Kaze... all of those tortured souls on the ceiling... No more! I won't let you hurt anyone else, do you hear me!? No one! You do your worst, because there's nothing you can do to us that I won't fix!

Xander: We're all here for you, Dakota. So please... give us your orders.

Dakota: Everyone...

6K8z9nW.jpg

Lilith...

...I may not be able to smile for you right now...

(Dakota takes a deep breath and wipes her eyes)

...but I won't cry anymore either. I promise. No more Dakota the self-loathing wreck for me. Not when you're not here to snap me out of it.

(Dakota summons the rest of her army from West Dakota)

Dakota: SOLDIERS OF WEST DAKOTA! THE END IS IN SIGHT! I DON'T KNOW WHAT GARON'S PLANNING, AND I DO NOT CARE! WE WILL DESTROY THAT AMULET AND END THIS PERPETUAL NIGHTMARE, AND THERE ISN'T A DAMN THING ANYONE IN THIS WORLD OR ANY OTHER CAN DO TO STOP US! FOR JUSTICE! FOR THE FUTURE OF THIS WORLD! FOR HOSHIDO! FOR NOHR! FOR KAZE! FOR LILITH! CHARGE!

P3fdWmj.jpg

No Yato.
No singing.

kQmlfqg.jpg

No more dirty work.
No more self-loathing or doubt.

UeuqapX.jpg

Just my army...

tCUTONR.jpg
77wCJPz.jpg

...Against the forces of the blob monster who stands in the way of saving the world.

VGZfuuV.jpg

The staff users are going to be a nightmare until I can get some breathing room, and probably even afterwards. I'm going to need Dwyer and Elise on silence duty, so I make sure Laslow improves their skill. Every point helps. I also have to keep in mind that all of the heroes in the next room have wyrmslayers, meaning I cannot under any circumstances allow myself or either of my children to take point.

dAkPMJ5.jpg

Dakota: Xander, break down the door. We have a war to win.

H8gjgZ3.jpg

Dwyer and Elise do their best to take out the staff users in range. Dwyer succeeds.

uXAxw2E.jpg

Elise, thanks to the terrain apparently protecting Iago, does not.

ZDuyepK.jpg

However, I've still calculated we'll survive this.

9TeAQBG.jpg

The central room is cleared out without incident.

h3H8240.jpg

Damn it, I miss Azura's abilities already. Without her necklace, all I can really do with her is use her as a pair-up partner, but that's hardly useful to me at the moment.

QnB7edk.jpgNma3NyR.jpg

We've reached a fork: Faceless and stoneborn to the west, sorcerers and maids to the east. Iago seems to have thought ahead: His staff range is going to harry us pretty much perpetually during this mission.

...Oh poor Iago.

You honestly think that your cheap parlor tricks and few walls are going to stop me?

It appears you've forgotten who you're dealing with.

0aTnfcS.jpg

PERMIT ME TO REMIND YOU.

SDJEAUj.jpg

Arthur: I've got your back, Mozu. We can do this!

Mozu: I know we can.

Arthur: FOR JUSTICE!

Mozu: ...For justice.

(The maids freeze and enfeeble her, and the sorcerers charge)

Mozu: Very well! (Draws two knives) Come one! (Draws two more knives) Come ten! (Draws more knives so one is between each of her fingers) Come one thousand strong! Your weapons and numbers mean nothing to us! For tonight justice is a howling ebon wolf, and your destiny is naught but to feed it!

Nsi3wk9.jpg

...As I thought, the biggest problem she'd face would be leveling up too fast and getting too many resistance levels, scaring off the last few. No matter. They'll fall shortly.

ZRBSAaQ.jpg

We've got reinforcements coming, but they're nothing we can't handle.

2pfpfxX.jpg

And like that, Mozu has become unstoppable.

PeYYUeo.jpg

The east side is clear.

8yw1zFi.jpg

Time to take on the west.

Maid: Ha! A little too close, Prince! (Casts entrap on Xander. It succeeds, and Xander is whisked away to a lower room)

Maid: Ha! Gotcha!

Xander: Well done.

oJN7lE1.jpg

Xander: Now what?

(Maid makes several increasingly nervous and uncomfortable sounds before screaming as Xander comes bearing down upon her)

uuK0MOG.jpg

Laslow: Reinforcements incoming!

Velouria: (Pounds her fist into her open hand) Leave them to me.

06yIcqm.jpg

Velouria: Alright, you freaks! Why don't you come over here and I'll show you a real hulking monster!

(A faceless charges, but Velouria transforms, tears its arms off, and flying suplexes it with such force that its head pops off)

Velouria: NEXT.

...Good girl, Velouria.

exwVTIU.jpg

The eastern chest contained a venge naginata. Not something I can put to much use, but it'll sell well at least.

EWTmbEK.jpg

...And a spy shuriken. We don't really have any shuriken experts here. ...Anymore.

1rC6txR.jpg

Final hurdle. A wall of berserkers and a wall of generals. The berserkers have hammers and the generals have beast killers.

OLumMjB.jpg

This looks like a job for Xander.

ZAeJEpj.jpgMXVvW2r.jpg

The entire room charges at Xander. I order a slow counter-retreat to try and deal with as few beastkiller generals at once as possible without simply leaving them all to the last minute.

tPhRGzr.jpg

Clear.

LwMAW3h.jpg

The maids use up their freeze staves trying to keep us away.

xn5FL9Z.jpg

Reinforcements incoming!

1PFIRew.jpgo53dsFg.jpg

LET'S DANCE, HANS!

4PHE5aY.jpg

Hans: This is what you get for not bowing down to my-

1EDgVx3.jpgtp4OwJI.jpg

Dakota: BURN IN HELL, YOU OVERSIZED THUMB!

eCKon8S.jpgXRp0WIu.jpg
yhDIsRN.jpg

And now your unbelievably situational axe is mine.

iMsxfk8.jpg

Camilla's skillset is rounded off with Trample...

LchIFNG.jpg

...And this little canary is the last one alive.

MmVsjFv.jpg

Leo has requested to do the honors, but I've instructed him to keep Iago alive. Regrettably, we have need of him.

fGOn66D.jpg

Iago: (Smirking) Well if it isn't Prince Leo! How fitting!

Leo: You're awfully confident for the last man standing.

Iago: I have nothing to fear from the likes of you! My magic power is unimaginable!

Leo: Yes, your skills are awfully impressive.

qHqRbLn.jpg

Leo: The mighty Excalibur... the ability to use staves as a sorcerer... indefinitely no less... (Glares) You have some nerve using your teacher's tome and teachings against her own children.

Iago: (Laughs maniacally) And what do you suppose you're going to do about it? What do you think you can do that your dear sweet mother couldn't?

(Leo staggers on his horse)

Leo: Y-you...

Iago: That's right, idiot boy, I'm the one who killed your mother! She had stumbled upon a cure for the blight, and we couldn't have that, now could we? So sad, but Garon insisted it be done.

Leo:

Iago: Would you like to know how she screamed?

(Leo glares at him for a moment, then smirks)

Leo: ...Desperately.

cedFQlL.jpg

Leo: Why don't you re-enact it for me?

(Iago screams)

tWsBqMz.jpg

Leo: (Coldly) I believe this is mine.

4b1Z3kn.jpgWnfR8lN.jpg

Good, now let's retrieve the treasure before getting out of here. We need everything we can get our hands on.

tfztvor.jpg

...Done.

Dakota: Xander, Leo, secure Iago and get as close to him as possible, we have to make sure he teleports back with us!

Xander: At once!

Dakota: Once we're there, put him straight in the prison! I want three guards on him at all times!

Camilla: Right!

(Dakota reaches into her bag and pulls out Lilith's hat)

...This concludes my entry, War Journal...

...I need some time to myself.
Edited by Alastor15243

Ah, I see you used the blah the Prussian method of just destroying the enemy piecemeal when there are two seperate paths.

It was more dramatically appropriate, and also the way the two sides were set up some units were vastly more useful on one side than the other anyway. Plus, that's what makes Laslow such a great rally bot!

Edited by Alastor15243