Azura's Dance [English] (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

carefreejules

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i still really don't like the lyrics

but it sounds good!

also i like how the lyrics are actually pretty similar to the japanese ones, that's nice

Edited by maybe

I...really like them. The lyrics are a bit shaky, and the only part I have a problem with is 'a familiar disguise' in regards to delivery, but otherwise it brings me back to the original Nohr version I adore. I love how she lowers her voice because that's the main problem I have with her normal singing voice, so it sounds a lot more natural. Hoshido one is good too, but I just prefer the Nohr one because FUNKY.

Azura's voice really surprised me in Nohr. Didn't sound like Azura to me, but then I got adjusted to it. It sounds pretty good!

There's a reason for that.

Edited by nordopolica

i love the lines about the conquest and birthright good shit

oh yeah that was cool too

although I also really liked how birthright has "white as a bone" and conquest has "hard as a stone"

"(Groans of increasing discomfort)"

I love you Treehouse

Anyway... wow. These are pretty good. I think the "white" in "in the white light" sounded pretty straining, but apart from that, I don't have any complaints.

For some reason, I REALLY like the line, "Embrace the dark you call a home" <3.

Now then... *presses the repeat button 50 times*

Just a little something I'd like to point out.

First of, there is obviously the contrasts of "conquest and fate" vs "birthrights and love" but then there is also the "embrace the dark" vs "in the white light" bit. Post split chapter 6 names and all. I'd also like to think that, given Corrin's angle of dealing with the conflict between Nohr and Hoshido on the Conquest side, the line about how "the black pillar cracks beneath its weight" is referring to Corrin's burden on that side.

Also, it isn't just the (groans) bit that is eyebrow raising. There is also the "hard as a stone" bit.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

The delivery could have been better (especially the Conquest Version) but they aren't terrible, and the lyrics are pretty well done..

Edited by Blade_of_Light

(groans of increasing discomfort) - me in a nutshell lol

In all seriousness I'm not disappointed. I know translating songs isn't an easy matter so I'm actually quite pleased that it didn't turn out worse. "a familiar disguise" is delivered somewhat awkwardly as is "white throne" although not as bad. Again, I know translating songs is harder than dialog so I find it hard to be any form of harsh on it. I still love that Nohr song though, it's just really fun to listen to.

"(Groans of increasing discomfort)"

I love you Treehouse

Anyway... wow. These are pretty good. I think the "white" in "in the white light" sounded pretty straining, but apart from that, I don't have any complaints.

For some reason, I REALLY like the line, "Embrace the dark you call a home" <3.

Now then... *presses the repeat button 50 times*

If you right click on the video you can select "loop". :3

Also, the lyrics for the Nohr dance weren't as smooth as the Hoshido, but I actually like them both. >.>

Love it. Especially the Conquest one, I was afraid they wouldn't be able to match the original's somewhat tribal tone, but they did. Hats off to Treehouse and Rena Strober.

the line about how "the black pillar cracks beneath its weight" is referring to Corrin's burden on that side.

That was instantly what I thought of when I heard it. Again, nice job Treehouse.

(Groans of increasing discomfort)

The fandom, in a nutshell.

EDIT: No, I haven't watched it. I'm saving it for my first time playing the routes.

Edited by The DanMan

Don't mind me while I play this on repeat for a couple hours

I'm really excited to be playing this on my bus ride blasting it in my friend's ears haha.

Edited by Manakete Morgan

I must say, I really like how Rena Strober's voice comes across in the video, especially in Conquest. Of course, the cadence of the lyrics in the English version leaves much to be desired, but that's a issue with how the lyrics have been translated and constructed to fit with the melodies of the song to begin with (more specifically the number of syllables and the highs and lows of the accents in each line), and given the material that she had, I think she did a phenomenal job.

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH IT SOUNDS FUCKING GREAT BUT I'M SO MAD ...................

Garon sounds even worse here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Still love how Renka sings this! But Rena did a nice job!)

Edited by Jin

MRW people have any criticism (I'm joking, don't hurt me):

[spoiler=Timestamps, don't fail me now!]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2-YQCyKLG4#t=1m47s

Seriously though, some of the lyrics are a little eh, but that was still really good in my opinion. Conquest in particular was amazing.

I will be somewhat surprised if 'groans of increasing discomfort' doesn't become a meme though.

Edited by Phillius

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH IT SOUNDS FUCKING GREAT BUT I'M SO MAD ...................

Garon sounds even worse here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Still love how Renka sings this! But Rena did a nice job!)

To be fair...[spoiler=*Spoilers for the game*]If I do recall, he is a dragon sort of breaking free, but I may be wrong.

Both singers did a great job, I like the choice of words in both songs

Edited by Manakete Morgan