Contact your GameStops! You might have a midnight release scheduled!

Giga Man

The only midnight release I've gone to is to get Pokemon X, but I had to switch my pre-order location due to also having a pass to go to New York Comic Con the same day. The GameStop my aunt placed my pre-order at for me is in a much more populated area than where I currently live. And by much more populated I mean the local Best Buy was one of the ones to have the Smash Bros previews around E3.

Even if mine were doing a midnight opening for this game no one locally plays, my SE is at Best Buy so... Congrats to anyone actually getting a midnight release for theirs though!

Why should I call them? They always call ME if they're doing a midnight release for one of my preorders, usually a day or two beforehand. I call tell you right now though, if my GS does have one for fates I'll be very surprised. They usually don't do it unless it's a huge AAA title.

Edited by Griffonite

I know the GameStop that I ordered from won't do a midnight release for Fates for a couple of reasons.

1. It's in a mall, so they are kind of required to follow mall policy regarding when they can be open.

2. In the likelihood there was a midnight release, it wouldn't show up at that specific store. Even when Smash Wii U/3DS and OR/AS came out, all stock they had for a midnight release was redirected to another GameStop (which also happens to be my normal store).

My gamestop's opening an hour early for the release on friday.

I should say with opening an hour early, mine did for the day the Happy Home Design New 3DS came out along with new amiibo figures and cards. I didn't know this but neither did one of the employees that was supposed to be working then. So even if they are opening early calling might not help you because you could encounter someone who wasn't even told that it was supposed to. Or maybe that could end up with them asking and actually finding out before the day comes... Iunno, but it very well could be a possibility.

I should say with opening an hour early, mine did for the day the Happy Home Design New 3DS came out along with new amiibo figures and cards. I didn't know this but neither did one of the employees that was supposed to be working then. So even if they are opening early calling might not help you because you could encounter someone who wasn't even told that it was supposed to. Or maybe that could end up with them asking and actually finding out before the day comes... Iunno, but it very well could be a possibility.

Ok, I've never had that issue when coming to early openings before, but eh.

I called my GS where I preordered my SE and they are not doing anything special like a midnight release or opening an hour early. The guy told me he didn't have enough hours (??) to do anything special for the Fates release (not sure why his hours matter, maybe someone here who used to work at GS would know why). They were aware of Fates launching this Friday though because I just said "because a game is coming out" and he immediately knew I meant FE.

I called my GS where I preordered my SE and they are not doing anything special like a midnight release or opening an hour early. The guy told me he didn't have enough hours (??) to do anything special for the Fates release (not sure why his hours matter, maybe someone here who used to work at GS would know why). They were aware of Fates launching this Friday though because I just said "because a game is coming out" and he immediately knew I meant FE.

A lot of the time Gamestop won't do a midnight release unless they have enough pre-orders for games.

I thought this game was releasing in the 14th in america (*Obligatory grumble about lack of European release date). Well here in Aus it is the 16th so shouldn't you have the game by now.

My local Gamestahp did a midnight release for Pokemon X and Y, so I think I'll call and figure out if they're releasing it at midnight Thursday night, or just the morning on Friday.

While I'm on the phone I may as well pry for information regarding the Special Edition, so it won't be a waste of a call even if they aren't doing it midnight.

I live in California and the Gamestop near me is releasing the game on Thursday at 9pm (as it's technically midnight on the east coast then). It's pretty awesome, actually. >.> (If you live in California you should definitely call your local GS)

I live in California and the Gamestop near me is releasing the game on Thursday at 9pm (as it's technically midnight on the east coast then). It's pretty awesome, actually. >.> (If you live in California you should definitely call your local GS)

I don't think it goes by state, but by each individual location because I'm in CA and if you read my other post I talk about how they aren't doing anything at the store I preordered at.