Fates Reviews are in

Leif

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found them easily, that's weird. Birthright got 88/100, Conquest 93/100.

On one hand, this disappoints me because I felt that Conquest looked bad on all things except gameplay. But on the other, it does give me hope that IS will go back to RD-like gameplay and bring back unique objectives and stuff.

Give me Conquest's gameplay, and Birthright's everything else (characters, story, etc) for the next FE and I should be satisfied.

Edited by Anacybele

Wow, it's getting rave reviews aside from Game Revolution (never heard of them) and Game Spot.

Game Revolution gave it a 70 when the other sources were in the high 80's and low 90's. Methinks they don't know how to play FE. =/

I am thrilled with it's performance. Can't wait to write my review of the game.

Wow, it's getting rave reviews aside from Game Revolution (never heard of them) and Game Spot.

Game Revolution gave it a 70 when the other sources were in the high 80's and low 90's. Methinks they don't know how to play FE. =/

I am thrilled with it's performance. Can't wait to write my review of the game.

You don't think there can be other contributing factors to it getting a low score? If I were to arbitrarily rate Conquest, I would give it a lower number than that.

You don't think there can be other contributing factors to it getting a low score? If I were to arbitrarily rate Conquest, I would give it a lower number than that.

I was being facetious. Not to worry, haha.

9 out of the 15 reviews are in the nineties; so far so good! I think it will end up with a similar score to Awakening.

I found them easily, that's weird. Birthright got 88/100, Conquest 93/100.

On one hand, this disappoints me because I felt that Conquest looked bad on all things except gameplay. But on the other, it does give me hope that IS will go back to RD-like gameplay and bring back unique objectives and stuff.

Give me Conquest's gameplay, and Birthright's everything else (characters, story, etc) for the next FE and I should be satisfied.

Odds are, the gameplay was reviewed more critically than the literal hours of support dialogue and visual differences. As a dude who pre-played some Conquest, I'm way more satisfied with the gameplay

While watching this video, one of my eyebrow raised, a lot.

For the story anyways, Kamui, a good protag ?- but he did a great job for the rest, especially the gameplay part. As expected.

Must. Not. Think. About. Revelation.

Or the no dual voice option, but I can live with that... still counting on the patch though, teehee.

Well, IGN said Birthright had an excellent story, so I suppose anything is possible.

Wait what ?

I'm okay with people having different opinions and all, but I find their definition of the word 'Excellent'... 'interesting'.

Edited by B.Leu

Well think

This is the first real Multiplayer since FE11, and it was advertised heavily.

Can you really do as much as it was hyped up? I suspect that's the motivation behind the criticism.

Well think

This is the first real Multiplayer since FE11, and it was advertised heavily.

Can you really do as much as it was hyped up? I suspect that's the motivation behind the criticism.

Hmm I can see that, thanks for the perspective. I guess it's just that I haven't really been focusing on that since I don't really use the Streetpass features. I'm noticing though that it's more than multiplayer that the reviews are concerned with in their criticisms directed it, and I'm wondering whether it's telling more about the game or the reviewers themselves.

Game Informer gave both Birthright and Conquest 9.25.

They also mentioned political intrigue.....gonna have to look for that.

I'd love to ask them what they think political intrigue means, because I think our definitions would differ greatly.

I'd love to ask them what they think political intrigue means, because I think our definitions would differ greatly.

Political: "Of or pertaining to politics"

Intrigue: "the secret planning of something illicit or detrimental to someone"

I suppose they have something if you take thing it super literally.

Political: "Of or pertaining to politics"

Intrigue: "the secret planning of something illicit or detrimental to someone"

I suppose they have something if you take thing it super literally.

Wait, where's the "political" part of the game? Does Garon being a king make every dickish move he makes political?

Wait, where's the "political" part of the game? Does Garon being a king make every dickish move he makes political?

Politics: "the activities associated with the governance of a country or other area, especially the debate or conflict among individuals or parties having or hoping to achieve power".

Some of them, yeah.

Politics: "the activities associated with the governance of a country or other area, especially the debate or conflict among individuals or parties having or hoping to achieve power".

Some of them, yeah.

So if Garon goes strolling down Nohr naked, it'd be a "political scandal"?

Let's not put disturbing images in our heads, yeah? xP

Anyway, IGN liking Birthright's story so much makes me smile. They're usually the most critical, from what I know. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

That doesn't have anything to do directly with governance, so no (it would be a scandal involving a politician, though).

This is really just arguing semantics and exact definitions.

Anyway, IGN liking Birthright's story so much makes me smile. They're usually the most critical, from what I know. ^^

...What reality do you live in?

They're inconsistent towards the "generally gives big releases higher scores" end of the spectrum.

Edited by The DanMan

Let's not put disturbing images in our heads, yeah? xP

Wait, what?

What?

...What? They're infamous for hyping mediocre games if they belong to a popular or well-known series while being more than a little...flexible in the way they grade things, like the now-infamous "7.8 too much water".

That doesn't have anything to do directly with governance, so no (it would be a scandal involving a politician, though).

This is really just arguing semantics and exact definitions.

You do realize I*m just joking around, right? Regardless of the exact definition, I still don't really see it, and even if I did, it'd be stretching it so much that I'd personally never, ever put it in my review, especially not as a selling point.

You do realize I*m just joking around, right? Regardless of the exact definition, I still don't really see it, and even if I did, it'd be stretching it so much that I'd personally never, ever put it in my review, especially not as a selling point.

I do; the joke was just getting a bit too old for me. And I agree that using the term "political intrigue" in the review was really stretching things.