Takumi has to be the greatest archer in the series.

Anacybele

I mean seriously. Between that bow of his and the fact that he rips apart anything that flies in one shot, including Camilla, he's freaking incredible for his class. I know I'm playing on normal difficulty, but no archer has been this good for me even on the easiest difficulty levels.

Do you Hoshido guys love using Takumi as much as I do?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reasons he had 20something hit on Cam it was really weird and possibly a glitch and I didn't wanna risk it--since he had better skl and hit than Rinka, who had much higher displayed hit??? I don't even know, does Lunatic Cam have bowbreaker or sth i forgot to check haha

Otherwise, yeah, Such damage. Delicious.

For some reasons he had 20something hit on Cam it was really weird and possibly a glitch and I didn't wanna risk it--since he had better skl and hit than Rinka, who had much higher displayed hit??? I don't even know, does Lunatic Cam have bowbreaker or sth i forgot to check haha

Otherwise, yeah, Such damage. Delicious.

Camilla comes with both Tomebreaker and Bowbreaker.

I think Mozume would be even better if she had access to the Fuujin. But yeah Takumi is a godsend and already kicks the game's ass before Ryouma comes around to destroy it entirely.

Shinon never wrecked everything the same way Takumi does for me, not even in RD. Takumi is one-shotting nearly everything I put him against!

I can't say anything about Japan-only FE archers tho...

Edited by Anacybele

As a unit, Takumi is good. I haven't played enough of the other games to say whether or not he's the best archer in the series, but coming with not-terrible bases already makes him a whole lot better than many starting archers like Wolt, Wil, Rolf, Neimi, Virion, and Gordon. The bow is OP, too. He should do his job pretty well as long as you don't do something stupid like throw him into a bunch of mages or axe guys. I think I give him too much favoritism, he's always higher leveled than anyone else on my team.

This is the first in the series where I use archers. Normally I sideline them and use a Mage if I need to hit over a wall... Archers seem better just in general this game. And those "Royal Weapons" pretty much make any wielder, at least prior to maxing everyone, the best of their respective class except maybe Leo since he is so damn slow. Wish Camilla had one and Hinoka. Make them even more OP.

Yup. Anyways, that's why I'm never remiss in checking out my foe.

Back to the topic at hand, I can't help but be suspicious after seeing the fanbase repeatedly hype archers to hell and back, only for them to under-deliver when I actually use them,

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

As a unit, Takumi is good. I haven't played enough of the other games to say whether or not he's the best archer in the series, but coming with not-terrible bases already makes him a whole lot better than many starting archers like Wolt, Wil, Rolf, Neimi, Virion, and Gordon. The bow is OP, too. He should do his job pretty well as long as you don't do something stupid like throw him into a bunch of mages or axe guys. I think I give him too much favoritism, he's always higher leveled than anyone else on my team.

You think or know? :P:

Shinon never wrecked everything the same way Takumi does for me, not even in RD. Takumi is one-shotting nearly everything I put him against!

I can't say anything about Japan-only FE archers tho...

To put it simply, Faval is a child in the 2nd generation of FE4 that wields a legendary weapon. His bow has 30 MT and +10 STR and +10 SPD so that weapon by itself gives him 40 damage. The Sniper STR cap is 27 and it's not unlikely for him to reach it so you'll often see his ATK at 60+. You can give him a parent to maximize his SKL if hit is an issue or one that gives him Paragon so he levels up fast.

Only problem with Faval is that he isn't mounted in a game where mounted units just dominate.

Edited by Sirius

Camilla comes with both Tomebreaker and Bowbreaker.

Yup. Anyways, that's why I'm never remiss in checking out my foe.

Back to the topic at hand, I can't help but be suspicious after seeing the fanbase repeatedly hype archers to hell and back, only for them to under-deliver when I actually use them,

Figures. The hitrates speak for themselves, though, in this case, and I had enough flexibility of situation to just let Rinka and Corn wreck her instead