Takumi has to be the greatest archer in the series.

Anacybele

Figures. The hitrates speak for themselves, though, in this case, and I had enough flexibility of situation to just let Rinka and Corn wreck her instead

Camilla must only have those skills on higher difficulties, because she didn't have them in my game. xP

Ayup. It's certainly something I'd expect Lunatic to pull.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lunatic is definitely significantly easier than FE12 and 13's Lunatic (okay that's a lie, 13 Lunatic mid-lategame can be trivialized by plopping a sol/nos unit down can't do it here, but if you choose to not do that). I don't feel particularly pressured by it--I do feel it's harder than Awakening Hard at least, but I feel I do need to be careful(when throwing rinka at enemies doesn't apply)and the enemy attack stances definitely take some getting used to. On chapter 14 so far though, and Ryoma's definitely a Fair and Balanced unit.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Revelation Takumi is the really meaningful hypostasis of Takumi IMHO. Birthright is too centred around routing and having 1-2 range.

New Mystery bow users might have something to tell him about being the best, though. And Shin & Sue, too.

Just upgraded him to sniper....

He has become the crit master.

Also works great in Dual Attack stance behind Oboro.

Only flaw I see is very low resistance. But since he usually one shots magic users this isn't an issue in player phase.

Edited by crazy_man

What about Shinon's apprentice Rolf? In PoR and RD he took more effort to train than Shinon but was better than Shinon. As such I preferred Rolf over Shinon. I have not yet recruited Takumi, but if Takumi is better than Rolf, I will put strands of my own hair in my supper and eat it.

What about Shinon's apprentice Rolf? In PoR and RD he took more effort to train than Shinon but was better than Shinon. As such I preferred Rolf over Shinon. I have not yet recruited Takumi, but if Takumi is better than Rolf, I will put strands of my own hair in my supper and eat it.

He was good... in RD, that is.

Every time I used him in Path of Radiance he was good too (though him being level 1 in chapter 9 was a pain). Was he just RNG-blessed when I used him in path of radiance? Also, in Radiant Dawn on average he should end up better than Shinon if I recall correctly. So I thought that the only reason to use Shinon was to save experience points for someone else.

Every time I used him in Path of Radiance he was good too (though him being level 1 in chapter 9 was a pain). Was he just RNG-blessed when I used him in path of radiance? Also, in Radiant Dawn on average he should end up better than Shinon if I recall correctly. So I thought that the only reason to use Shinon was to save experience points for someone else.

The problem with PoR Rolf, as I see it, is that in general, he takes too much effort for the payoff. Bad joining time doesn't help (read: He's an underleveled unit joining as one among a sea of underleveled units).

I agree that in Path of Radiance he does take A LOT of effort (it's not exactly effortless to train Shinon either though). I'm just saying that, once you get Rolf up to level, he is good enough that I at least consider him better than Shinon if one can afford to put the effort into training him; and that makes it hard for me to believe Takumi will be better. (I am surprised that I was the first to mention Rolf in this thread about who the best archer is).

I agree that in Path of Radiance he does take A LOT of effort (it's not exactly effortless to train Shinon either though). I'm just saying that, once you get Rolf up to level, he is good enough that I at least consider him better than Shinon if one can afford to put the effort into training him; and that makes it hard for me to believe Takumi will be better. (I am surprised that I was the first to mention Rolf in this thread about who the best archer is).

That wasn't even the half of it - Astrid joins only a few chapters later, and isn't bow-locked. She's a much better option for a bow unit than either Rolf or Shinon (let's face it, PoR was the absolute worst game for snipers, or at least down there).

I'm still on Conquest so I can't confirm yet, but I doubt Takumi is the best archer ever, especially his Birthright incarnation. FE12 Ryan, FE3 Castor, Conquest!Niles and Shin all have good cases for being better. You might be able to make a case for FE9 Astrid and Sue as well.

I think Mozume would be even better if she had access to the Fuujin. But yeah Takumi is a godsend and already kicks the game's ass before Ryouma comes around to destroy it entirely.

He was geared to be for those that can't play the game aka doing it for the first time!

As a unit, Takumi is good. I haven't played enough of the other games to say whether or not he's the best archer in the series, but coming with not-terrible bases already makes him a whole lot better than many starting archers like Wolt, Wil, Rolf, Neimi, Virion, and Gordon. The bow is OP, too. He should do his job pretty well as long as you don't do something stupid like throw him into a bunch of mages or axe guys. I think I give him too much favoritism, he's always higher leveled than anyone else on my team.

I do this with Oboro. Her all around stats even makes her a great candidate for Line Of Death.

To put it simply, Faval is a child in the 2nd generation of FE4 that wields a legendary weapon. His bow has 30 MT and +10 STR and +10 SPD so that weapon by itself gives him 40 damage. The Sniper STR cap is 27 and it's not unlikely for him to reach it so you'll often see his ATK at 60+. You can give him a parent to maximize his SKL if hit is an issue or one that gives him Paragon so he levels up fast.

Only problem with Faval is that he isn't mounted in a game where mounted units just dominate.

It's even more of a pain to use them on ranking since getting EXP for them will be harder without the arena.

That wasn't even the half of it - Astrid joins only a few chapters later, and isn't bow-locked. She's a much better option for a bow unit than either Rolf or Shinon (let's face it, PoR was the absolute worst game for snipers, or at least down there).

Plus having Paragon to further make it better since Paladins dominate that game!

He was geared to be for those that can't play the game aka doing it for the first time!

Sadly, that doesn't work nearly as well as you think it will...

Well, Takumi is right up there with Rebecca (FE7), Briggid and Jamka (FE4), so...

I really don't think either of them are really worthy of best archer in the series...

Off the top of my head, the good archers in the series are.... Jamka, Steel bow robin (gaiden), Shinon (sniper) Ryan, (FE 12) and MAYBE Wil. Wil is a special case study, so it is debatable... But yeah, good archers are there. Takumi best in the series? Well, I listed Based Shinon and Jamka, so...