When are you guys promoting?

Nytefahr

Promoting at lv20 is one of the most unnecessary things.

The other most unnecessary things are promoting at lv19, promoting at lv18, promoting at lv17, promoting at lv16, promoting at lv15, promoting at lv14, promoting at lv,13 promoting at lv12, promoting at lv11 and promoting at lv10.

Edited by Tooru

I promote at LV. 15-20.

Promoting at lv20 is one of the most unnecessary things.

The other most unnecessary things are promoting at lv19, promoting at lv18, promoting at lv17, promoting at lv16, promoting at lv15, promoting at lv14, promoting at lv,13 promoting at lv12, promoting at lv11 and promoting at lv10.

Umm... what?

For healers, I promote them as soon as they hit level 10 just so they can still be useful apart from healing. Anyone else, I wait till level 20 for the stats.

Sakura and Elise I promoted ASAP, but I'll delay it if they're close to another level-up by the time I have an Eternal Seal.

Every once else I get to 20...except for Corrin because they're gonna be getting a lot of levels anyway.

Well, I reclassed Arthur into his wife's class (Effie-as-Knight) at Level 12. That's pretty much the only Seal I've used so far, though I'll probably Promote him at Level 20. Then I'll have to worry about whether to swap him back to a Berserker/Hero at Promoted Level 5 to better use his natural growths, or wait until I get a Level 15 skill...

I promote ASAP and boy did it help me with some of the earlier chapters, though exp rate tanks after doing so, so maybe its a good idea to do it at like 13. Generally ASAP = lvl 15 after the first two master seals since that's about the point you get a lot more.

I promoted one unit at level 12 to make a certain chapter easier and am currently waiting until at least 15 for most of my other units. I'll stretch it as far as I can given my limited abilities, but I have no issue with promoting earlier if it helps me get through a particularly rough chapter.

I pretty much always promote at level 20. Even with healers, which seems to be a less-popular strategy. (I spam healing staves even when my units have lost only 1-2 HP, as a result my healers are usually the first to level 20)

Playing Hoshido on Hard Mode/ no grinding, pretty much everyone promoted around chapter 15-16. And now with a team full of promoted units the rest of the game is quickly becoming a ROFLstomp.

I pretty much always promote at level 20. Even with healers, which seems to be a less-popular strategy. (I spam healing staves even when my units have lost only 1-2 HP, as a result my healers are usually the first to level 20)

Playing Hoshido on Hard Mode/ no grinding, pretty much everyone promoted around chapter 15-16. And now with a team full of promoted units the rest of the game is quickly becoming a ROFLstomp.

I'm doing Hoshido lunatic, and by chapter 9 most of my units had reached level 10+ (the ones I use at least, Hayato, Mozume and Setsuna came really underleveled and Felicia comes prepromoted, so I won't take her into account). With the dual strike/guard (and a couple of skills I came by through streetpass) I don't really need to promote my units right now, so I'll wait patiently to level 20. I may as well reclass some of my units to get more skills from their alternate classes (it's just two levels anyway).

I haven't played Fates yet, but I'm 99% certain that I will get to Level 20 before promoting. I did this for Binding Blade (back in 2002), Sacred Stones (back in 2006), and Awakening (most of last year). This included all clerics that I used - I just spam their staves as much as I can. Only when I started playing Shadow Dragon DS did I promote at below Level 20, and even then I went up to Level 18 for most units, and Level 20 for Lena as I did a lot of training in the arenas. I don't see why that should change with Fates.

I've promoted most of my units at either 17 or 18 (playing Birthright Hard), around ch.14-15. Promoted Kagero at 16 a couple chapters later after she got some nice levels and I realized that having a Shuriken user with high strength was pretty useful.

I ended up dropping her for Yukimura though, since he outclassed her everywhere except for one point of Strength.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

I try to wait till they are level 20, im just too use to that already for me it just seems wrong to do it earlier. But i did promote/reclass Mozu about level 12 to make her an Archer because she just seems much better for that role. Was debating if i should make her a Dread Knight since she is basically the Donnel in this game and he was the best DK i had in my game! But i either wait till level 20, or at least till they get their class skills!

I like 20 for units I'm using as mains since exp drop off is pretty steep (at least on Lunatic) and as far as HoshiLuna goes the enemies don't really warrant early promotions anyway, esp when Ryouma exists he can just remove troublesome shit for me

For units I'm fully using as support, don't really matter.