Anyone else highly disappointed in Boo Camp dlc?

Pretty_Handsome

Poor exp and due to the scaling it means left behind characters cannot even do it. The enemies can one shot them easily.

While the way Awakening did it all levels could get a fair amount of use out of it.

At least til they could solo Walhart's paralogue which is still the best exp map to ever grace us in the series.

I wouldn't recommend Boo Camp dlc to anyone but desperate Conquest Players.

Edited by Pretty_Handsome

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think exp is given during any DLC/Mycastle battles for Conquest, but will keep that in mind for when I get Revelations.

(Unless it's just for that specific map, I might be wrong)

Edited by Manakete Morgan

They are selling cheat codes. That's fundamentally disappointing. The sheer audacity of taking money for rewriting a few numbers in the game still baffles me. Unless it's a free-to-play game of course, but those are full-price games. And it's weird how Nintendo has games with great DLC with actual content like Mario Kart and Smash Brothers while games like Fire Emblem dare to sell what is basically hot air in a pretty packaging.

Edited by BrightBow

I don't think it's a waste of money. Yes it isn't as friendly as Awakenings EXP DLC. But you just have to calculate everything right. It actually does work.

Personally I think it's better because it isn't an easy cheat cheat, gotta work for it (until powersaves can help me out here with some new codes).

They are selling cheat codes. That's fundamentally disappointing. The sheer audacity of taking money for rewriting a few numbers in the game still baffles me. Unless it's a free-to-play game of course, but those are full-price games. And it's weird how Nintendo has games with great DLC with actual content like Mario Kart and Smash Brothers while games like Fire Emblem dare to sell what is basically hot air in a pretty packaging.

Well, it saved my ass for Chapter 22 Conquest, so no, I don't think it was a waste of money. Granted, I probably wouldn't of got it in the first place if it didn't come with Map Pack 1, but I digress.

It's fine I suppose, harder than Awakening's! Like I posted in the other thread I got a few high level units from other Mycastles, use them to clear the regular Faceless that aggro, it's been less of a pain since I started doing that.

I don't think it's a waste of money. Yes it isn't as friendly as Awakenings EXP DLC. But you just have to calculate everything right. It actually does work.

Personally I think it's better because it isn't an easy cheat cheat, gotta work for it (until powersaves can help me out here with some new codes).

It really doesn't. Not for the hassle.

It's sad how it's just do inferior to what's already in the game. At least for Birthright and Revelation.

It really doesn't. Not for the hassle.

It's sad how it's just do inferior to what's already in the game. At least for Birthright and Revelation.

Welp, it's working fine for me so far. Maybe you should think of a new strategy :P:

what you should do is actually take your stronger units

give them bronze weapons

debuff the enemies with iron weapons

use thesmaller guys to kill them off with

this time around you have to work for your reward and the exp bags don't come running your way

Maybe if the enemies weren't actively running away from the starting point the whole time it would be decent. Skirmishes on the second-to-last chapter map will always be a more efficient training ground for Birthright and Revelations players.

I am really disappointed in it as well. I feel like they could of made it so much better. It doesn't give enough EXP, they are Aggro, the scaling is crap... Awakening's was just ten times more useful. It was $2, but still. Make the Map Pack $15 and leave it out for all I care. Either that, or make it better somehow. There's probably no way, but for what you use EXP maps, at least in Awakening, was to get you out of tight spots and grind for skills. Granted, Skill Grinding is so much easier now that levels don't reset. Even though I am playing Birthright, I still worry for the Conquest players. I thought this map was for better grinding in Birthright and a way to save the butts of those stuck in Nohr. That all said, it still does give some slightly better EXP than normal. Still, I am really sad about how useless the map is compared to Exponential Growth.

It seems to be worse than Awakening :/ I already hate on in EXPotential Growth the enemies run away, this seems to be even worse. I hate to put thought in something as mindless as grinding, too, so I really don't get this design decision. Just make a cheesable map, after all if people pay to break the game, don't let them waste time in doing so!

Unlike EXPonential Growth, Boo Camp seems to be designed to make it so that you are around the level that is needed to beat the chapter you are on, rather than go past it.

Tip:The green units are weaker, but they will go after you. The yellow ones are much stronger, but they (to my knowlege) only run away.

Very annoying if playing on Classic and possibly even Casual mode (not so much of a big deal if you're on Phoenix mode as long as all of your units don't get ORKO'd in the same turn or let Corrin die).

I wonder what IS did with the gold farming map since in Awakening, the Golden Gaffe map certainly works well for earlygame training.

I actually like it. Awakening's was much more mechanical in nature. Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat. This version is more spontaneous and different. The key is placement to allow stronger units to weaken an enemy so that weaker units can step in.

Welp, it's working fine for me so far. Maybe you should think of a new strategy :P:

Please don't insult me.

This dlc isn't worth the cash unless you're desperate on Conquest.

Scouting is faster, easier, more effective and you get gold from it.

I actually like it. Awakening's was much more mechanical in nature. Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat. This version is more spontaneous and different. The key is placement to allow stronger units to weaken an enemy so that weaker units can step in.

Exp maps shouldn't try to be challenge ones. Especially when scouting gives gold, more exp and can be completed much faster.

Edited by Pretty_Handsome

Exp maps shouldn't try to be challenge ones. Especially when scouting gives gold, more exp and can be completed much faster.

It's only a challenge if you go with awakening's philosophy of charge in head on and kill everything. Instead keep your units together and position them so that they surround the spawn stones. That way when the enemy comes in you essentially ambush them, can prioritize targets, and set yourself up with attack stance barrages. You don't want to kill everything that moves. Wipe out 2 or 3 groups and you'll have plenty of xp for everyone.

I've played the Boo Camp DLC several times. Needless to say, the EXP gain in this map is pretty slow in comparison in to Scouting in Relevations and Birthright routes. If you ask me, the map is clearly meant to be a "get out of jail" card for anyone who plays Conquest route due to the route's difficulty and the limited resources in the route (EXP being one of them).

IIRC, if you want to maximize the EXP gain from this, you need to target the golden Faceless (not the green ones). However, the golden ones tends to have a lot of HP, have really annoying skills (Wary Fighter is one of them) and the green ones will attack you if you are in range (luckily, most of them don't hit too hard). The Stoneborns makes it worse, as they can paralyze you as well. Also, if you try to attack the golden Faceless in melee, you're pretty much asking yourself to get raped, as they will hit pretty hard.

A good way to get the EXP needed from the golden Faceless is use ranged characters to wither one of them down, then finish them off. If dealing with a Faceless with a Wary Fighter skill equipped, you might need to use the Attack Stance to do this. It also makes it easier if you use one of the royals that have their own special weapon (i.e. Takumi, Leo, Ryouma, and Xander) as they not only deal a lot of damage to wither down the golden Faceless, they can attack in range as well.

Anyways, tl;dr: Boo Camp map is much harder than the Awakening EXP DLC Map. It's not that useful when compared to scouting in Relevations and Birthright routes, but it's far more useful in Conquest route due to limited options for grinding and leveling up your characters.

There is something to be said for a free experience map, seeing as challenge maps require you to either wait or pay gold to play them. At least until the free gold dlc comes out I find this DLC to be worthwhile since I can get the same experience as I get from the highest challenge maps without forking over 4,000+ gold.

There is something to be said for a free experience map, seeing as challenge maps require you to either wait or pay gold to play them. At least until the free gold dlc comes out I find this DLC to be worthwhile since I can get the same experience as I get from the highest challenge maps without forking over 4,000+ gold.

Yeah, I'd rather be spending my gold on seals rather than challenge maps that can be over twice the price. It doesn't work very well for straggling units which really annoys me, but for those of higher levels, it at least gets them skills faster. I'd say it's alright, but compared to Awakeing's grinding map, this is quite the bit of a let down. I also only have it because Map Pack so I'll use it 'cause I have it.

Yeah, I'd rather be spending my gold on seals rather than challenge maps that can be over twice the price. It doesn't work very well for straggling units which really annoys me, but for those of higher levels, it at least gets them skills faster. I'd say it's alright, but compared to Awakeing's grinding map, this is quite the bit of a let down. I also only have it because Map Pack so I'll use it 'cause I have it.

Lol, better to spend it on skills. I've already got plenty good stats on my avatar thanks to aptitude and have got lifetaker, Astra, and Pavise. And I haven't even Master sealed yet.