Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen people say Pikachu looks rabbit-like as well. Doesn't mean anything. :P

Actually, rabbits are lagomorphs, not rodents.

Still, doesn't really mean there can't be an electric bunny for the Pikachu clone of the Gen.

That's odd, everything I've read before called rabbits rodents. But yeah, true.

That's odd, everything I've read before called rabbits rodents. But yeah, true.

Well, the lagomorph classification is only about 100 years old, and before rabbits and other lagomorphs were indeed just part of the rodent group. Even today not many are aware of the dinstinction, it seems.

Um, no.

Pikachu/Raichu

Pichu

Plusle and Minun

Pachirisu

Emolga

Dedenne

None of them are rabbits. They're all mice except for Pachirisu and Emolga, who are squirrels.

Dedenne is a gerbil, though. But yeah.

Well, the lagomorph classification is only about 100 years old, and before rabbits and other lagomorphs were indeed just part of the rodent group. Even today not many are aware of the dinstinction, it seems.

Ah, I see. I'm glad I wasn't just unwittingly being ignorant or something. :P

You guys have really made me want to draw my electric bunny ideas now! lol

Yeah they're soooo cute! I would be super happy if we actually got a jerboa Pokemon.

Now that I know what they are, I want one too.

Just another thing to add to the list of "Pokémon I want to see"

Yeah, I've got a list myself!

- Dolphin (because it's my favorite sea animal along with seahorses, and we already got the latter in the form of the Horsea line. Though they're also based off of sea dragons)

- Electric bunny

- Fighting kangaroo (a boxing kangaroo is a thing in some media)

- More equines/horses. They're my favorite! Gimme a legendary Pegasus and a pony that isn't a legendary especially (as much as I love Keldeo and favor it above all other Pokemon, I can't use it too often because it's an event Pokemon only) Or maybe a donkey!

- A Water type Dalmatian that is a firefighter by instinct (because the firehouse mascot thing)

- More canines, because canines rule too! A Ground type coyote maybe? A true wolf would be nice too (the Poochyena line are NOT wolves, they're hyenas).

- White tiger (because they're my favorite cats by a long shot). Ice/Steel would probably make enough sense for it.

- A Fire type ant (because fire ants)

- A Water type hippo (seriously, why has this not happened while we did get a Ground type hippo? I designed a Water hippo starter because of this)

And that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

- More canines, because canines rule too! A Ground type coyote maybe? A true wolf would be nice too (the Poochyena line are NOT wolves, they're hyenas).

I would love an actual wolf Pokemon

- Dolphin (because it's my favorite sea animal along with seahorses, and we already got the latter in the form of the Horsea line. Though they're also based off of sea dragons)

- Electric bunny

- More equines/horses. They're my favorite! Gimme a legendary Pegasus and a pony that isn't a legendary especially (as much as I love Keldeo and favor it above all other Pokemon, I can't use it too often because it's an event Pokemon only) Or maybe a donkey!

- A Water type Dalmatian that is a firefighter by instinct (because the firehouse mascot thing)

- White tiger (because they're my favorite cats by a long shot). Ice/Steel would probably make enough sense for it.

- A Water type hippo (seriously, why has this not happened while we did get a Ground type hippo? I designed a Water hippo starter because of this)

This is. . .somehow relevant to Hawaii's wildlife. I'll list the ones that I can sort-of justify:

- I think a whale would be more fitting than a dolphin, but I'm not going to complain if the latter shows up

- Hawaii had its sorta-cowboys, so horses would work. I'd support the donkey, since a certain high school's mascot is a, uh, mule (though others will call it something more appropriate)

- Wouldn't mind a bulldog, since there's at least two high schools who use the bulldog as their mascot

- Knowing my luck, we'll see a whole host of new Bug-types (though I could do without fire ants, we have enough pesky bugs)

Well, how about that? XD I've never even been to Hawaii, so I've no idea what wildlife is like there. lol

But GameFreak doesn't always follow the real life equivalent's wildlife to the bone though. I mean, you don't see wild zebras in New York or wild lions in France. :P

Oh, I know, but more chinchillas is always nice.One can never have enough chinchillas!

True enough.

Changing the subject, I just learned that there's an extinct Hawaiian breed of dog, known as Poi Dog.

And they actually kinda look like the Dog Pokemkn that appears in the trailers. Could the Pokemon be based on it?

Edited by Water Mage

- Electric bunny

Let's see, if I'm making a list, I think I'd probably want all of these:

-A jerboa, probably Electric-type.

-A coyote, probably Ground-type.

-A dolphin, obviously Water-type.

-A kangaroo, probably Fighting-type.

-A snow leopard, Ice-type.

-A white tiger, also Ice-type.

-I've also always wanted a wolf and I've always envisioned a pure Water-type wolf starter in my head...and for a non-starter wolf, maybe Dark-type?

Both look really good. We also get to see Magearna ingame and stuff

Nekkoala is Normal type with Definite Sleep. It means that it can only be affected by Sleep and not Burn/Freeze/etc. I'd expect it to become Normal/Psychic because all dream-based Pokemon are Psychic.

Iwanko is a Rock type with Keen Eye or Vital Spirit. It's pure Rock or whatever.

I just saw people saying it's Rock type on Bulbagarden. At first I thought they mistranslated, as it doesn't look like a Rock type at all to me. But no one is saying this is the case, so... But there are few Rock types I like at all, so this is welcoming to me!

I hope it evolves into something called Rockweiler.

Edited by Anacybele