Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

The dog is the best of the Zygarde forms, imo. Because cute doggy, of course!

EDIT: Ms. Bunch, just stop, please. I'm getting tired of you trying to argue with and complain about my posts. Nothing says that these CAN'T be X/Y sequels and I really think we should get to go back to Kalos because some things there felt unfinished. And isn't gen 2 pretty popular? I don't see how revisiting a region is a bad thing at all. Besides, that was back in the GB Color days, we're in the days where game cards and discs and all can hold a lot more data, you know. HG/SS even made Kanto a lot better than it was in gen 2, I hear.

Actually the lack of a previous region (or any connection whatsoever - let's not forget the lack of trading compatibility too) in RSE is at least one of what drove fomer fans of Pokémon (during Gen 1-2) away. I myself found that enough to stop playing until XY came out, and I've heard that from several people too, in-person. Paradoxically enough, a lot of active Bulbagarden people consider this omission a good thing, obviously being something that I don't agree with.

Edited by henrymidfields

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iwanko look fine to me (who bet this is going to be the Zigzagoon of Gen7)

I really don't like the nose of Nekkoala, it's way too big.

I really hope they don't make the Koala a psychic type. Real life Koalas are quite possibly the stupidest mammals in the world. Turning that into a psychic type just doesn't seem right.

I'd like to jump on the Iwanko hype train. That little thing is stupidly cute, and one of few rock type designs that appeal to me.

Like Glaceon Mage said, Slowpoke and Slowbro are said to be incredibly stupid and yet are Psychic types.

But, it's ironic, but Slowpoke can evolve into Slowking which is one of the smartest Pokemon species.

Iwanko look fine to me (who bet this is going to be the Zigzagoon of Gen7)

Iwanko is a Rock type, so it's unlikely to be the Zigzagoon of Gen 7.

Changing the subject, I'm hoping for a dolphin Pokemon.

And I'm hoping it's a Dark type to reflect on real life dolphins, who are among the most cruel animals to ever exist.

Edited by Water Mage

Yet Slowpoke is psychic type despite being incredibly slow mentally...

Edit regarding Zygarde: I just hope 100% form has a type advantage against Xerneas and Yveltal

As is either could trump it.

I believe the reason why this is has to do with the myth the three Pokemon are based off of, but give me a moment to fact check before I start spouting.

Although technically Zygarde DOES have a tiny advantage - being able to break their signature auras.

And I'm hoping it's a Dark type to reflect on real life dolphins, who are among the most cruel animals to ever exist.

What?! How dare you insult dolphins like that?! They're among the friendliest animals ever! There are all kinds of videos and stories of people swimming and playing with them! They're also very smart.

If they're cruel to anything at all, it's fish, and that's because they eat them. I want a Water/Fairy Dolphin due to their friendliness.

Edited by Anacybele

What?! How dare you insult dolphins like that?! They're among the friendliest animals ever! There are all kinds of videos and stories of people swimming and playing with them! They're also very smart.

If they're cruel to anything at all, it's fish, and that's because they eat them. I want a Water/Fairy Dolphin due to their friendliness.

Actually, their intelligence is exactly why they have such a high capacity for cruelty.

Since you brought up fish, a perfect example is what dolphins can and will do to sharks.

Dolphins are known to hunt down a lone shark straying into their territory in a pack, circle the shark and confuse it, then use their tails to bat the shark back and forth between them like a ping-pong ball until it dies.

That's just one example.

Actually, Water/Fairy would be a perfect typing for them.

Fairies (especially in older tales) weren't the nicest of creatures and often deceived people into underestimating them or thinking they weren't a threat.

Edited by Vashiane

http://www.southernfriedscience.com/10-reasons-why-marine-mammals-arent-as-cute-as-you-think-they-are/

Ayup. That's pretty bad. Interestingly enough, more intelligent animals in general have also been known to display evil traits. Chimpanzees, for example, will torture chimps they come across form another pack in a way that is NSFW.

That's...a bit naive,

Dolphins have been proven by marine scientists that dolphins kill other creatures for fun.

They don't eat them, and they aren't protecting territory, the actively seek animals to kill.

They are also sexual predators, who rapes the females.

The males often group together to gang rape a single female.

And if the female isn't willing, they force her by forcing her out of the water until she stops fighting back.

And the way the penis of dolphins, sex is incredibly painful for females. It's kinda like a hook.

Dolphins are so sexually active, that it's very common for a male dolphin to kill it's own children in order to have sex with the mother, since the mother dolphin it's only paying attention to the children.

Dolphins also don't care about species, the have been cases of dolphins trying to rape human females.

This all has been proven.

So yeah...those guys are bastards.

There are even more facts, but it's better for me to stop here:

Edited by Water Mage

Motion to stop talking about Dolphins? How about... uh...

I wonder it Team Flare will make a reappearance ala Team Rocket, if indeed you do go back to Kalos?

Don't think so.

Their leader is dead, and the higher ups, like Malva and Xerosic doesn't seems interested in continuing their plans.

Oh damn, I didn't know all these things about the dolphins.

But yeah let's get back to Pokémon before we go too far away xD.

Rock type huh? But he can be normal/rock too, who knows?

According to the mythos that the Kalos legendaries are based off, Yveltal is the eagle that rests at the top of Yggdrasil, Zygarde is the dragon that makes it home by one of the roots, and Xerneas is a composite of the four stags that linger by another root.

However, the stags make no appearance in the actual story the myth speaks about - so I wonder if Xerneas's role is actually Nidhug's, since it's still positioned by the roots that way, and Zygarde is the squirrel that climbs up and down the tree inciting the feud between the two beings. That would make Xerneas and Yveltal focus on each other, and ignore the weaker Zygarde.

It's a stretch, but it could explain with why Zygarde can be easily ripped apart by the other two yet still has some sort of power over them.

That's...a bit naive,

Dolphins have been proven by marine scientists that dolphins kill other creatures for fun.

They don't eat them, and they aren't protecting territory, the actively seek animals to kill.

They are also sexual predators, who rapes the females.

The males often group together to gang rape a single female.

And if the female isn't willing, they force her by forcing her out of the water until she stops fighting back.

And the way the penis of dolphins, sex is incredibly painful for females. It's kinda like a hook.

Dolphins are so sexually active, that it's very common for a male dolphin to kill it's own children in order to have sex with the mother, since the mother dolphin it's only paying attention to the children.

Dolphins also don't care about species, the have been cases of dolphins trying to rape human females.

This all has been proven.

So yeah...those guys are bastards.

There are even more facts, but it's better for me to stop here:

I've looked this up to see if you're correct or, as I first thought, that you were just pulling crap out of your ass. But it looks like what you're saying does apply to how some dolphins behave with each other in the wild. But it doesn't really apply to all dolphins in general.

I've seen for myself that dolphins are quite friendly with people. I've seen pictures and videos of people scuba-diving with dolphins, and even communicating with them. Dolphins also have some form of culture according to what I'm reading, as they even teach their young to use tools. And considering that people are trainers here in the Pokemon world, well, you put two and two together.

Also, I don't appreciate being called naive.

Edited by Anacybele

Yet Slowpoke is psychic type despite being incredibly slow mentally...

I forgot about Slowpoke. Well then, psychic koala incoming I guess.

I kind of want want a dolphin pokemon that's Dark/Fairy type. With dolphins it's 50/50 whether they'll save you from the water, or do any of the horrid things mentioned above, so I think the typing would be appropriate. Plus it'd be interesting to find a non-water type while surfing. There's also the fact that fairy type is objectively the best type.

I'm not sure what to think of these forms of Zygarde's... Never was a big fan of his design, and these aren't exactly making me like it more either.

(The dog one just looks creepy to me. Even more so when I think how it's base form looks like a worm)

Yep, Energizer had one too. I hadn't known that Duracell did though. xP And apparently, they did the bunny before Energizer did, which kinda disappoints me. Energizer's bunny was awesome. :P It was actually meant to be a parody of the Duracell bunny, according to the wikipedia article, but Energizer's bunny was much more successful while Duracell no longer uses the bunny in NA (which explains why I never knew about it). So they didn't just outright steal the idea, they just said "hey, nice idea! But we can do it better!" lol

Maybe I should draw a battery on my electric bunny Pokemon design to reference these two! Though I dunno where I'd put it without making the design look silly...

Funny thing is that in Europe, Duracell still uses the bunny, while apparently Energizer hardly used it all (I would say never but am actually not sure if that would be accurate)... It's funny how things work sometimes.

Maybe make the battery be its body and stylize it to look more organic and less "battery with limbs and head". You could use the plus and minus signs too, though that might be too similar to Plusle and Minun.

Zygarde 10% and 100% have been revealed.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l7cW0F4JMsc

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeZ_8s_kWXg

In case anyone thought they were anime exclusive.

We hear the battle theme and see the like three different signature moves.

What in the actual.... ?

Zygarde 100% looks out-of-this-world. It's design does NOT fit with the Pokemon Universe at all. I mean, Kyurem looks more like a pokemon than that monstrosity does.

Edited by Leif

What in the actual.... ?

Zygarde 100% looks out-of-this-world. It's design does NOT fit with the Pokemon Universe at all. I mean, Kyurem looks more like a pokemon than that monstrosity does.

Is there really a standard Pokemon design?

I always thought that one of the charming things about Pokemon was that they could look like anything?

What about Zygarde 100%'s design makes it unfit for the Pokemon Universe?

I'm not trying to be rude, I'm genuinely curious. What exactly is that makes a Pokemon look like a Pokemon? I never understood when people say "That Pokemon doesn't look like a Pokemon."

What in the actual.... ?

To echo Water Mage, what defines what a pokemon must look like? There's been so much variety over the generations that I'd argue that there's no real basis for saying that something "doesn't look like a pokemon".