Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Also, the Gamexplain video on that also showed something that was pointed out to them- in the Japanese Team Skull trailer, when you see Guzma guffawing on his "throne", there's a container holding what's most likely a Zygarde core off to the side.

Those look more like Z crystals than Zygard's Core/Cells to me.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 gigs? Man, thank goodness I'm buying both physically this time unlike OR.

• Onligne mode

Oh, I love that mode! I mostly stick to Singhleplauyer mode though.

Also you forgot new moves with animations, Z-Move animations, and every new pokemon's 2 models with animations for both. plus the overworld is probably bigger.

Plus the new engine is probably a larger amount of info than XYORAS'.

Edited by TrueEm

3 gigs? Man, thank goodness I'm buying both physically this time unlike OR.

Oh, I love that mode! I mostly stick to Singhleplauyer mode though.

Also you forgot new moves with animations, Z-Move animations, and every new pokemon's 2 models with animations for both. plus the overworld is probably bigger.

Plus the new engine is probably a larger amount of info than XYORAS'.

God dammit, I knew I made a typo somewhere.

Yes, all those things too.

I honestly don't see it; that could be anything. Maybe that's just my bias talking though, since I want Team Skull to be loosely organized thugs somehow being manipulated by the Aether Foundation. Team Skull being the big bads trying to catch a legendary would be so disappointing.

I dunno if anyone has talked about it, and it's probably obvious but

Gladion is obviously (or at least seems to me) to be an ex member of Team Aether. Add into that he has Type: Null, I feel like he ran away and joined Team Skull at some time. Possibly related to Lusamine if she isn't an UB. They do look similar...

Gladion is obviously (or at least seems to me) to be an ex member of Team Aether. Add into that he has Type: Null, I feel like he ran away and joined Team Skull at some time. Possibly related to Lusamine if she isn't an UB. They do look similar...

Nothing new theory wise, but..

They can still be related if she's Ub-02 B since Gladion could be the other UB-02. He has multiple similarities, plus it's Japanese name "Expansion" would explain it much more than the US' "Absorbtion"

I dunno if anyone has talked about it, and it's probably obvious but

I believe it was The DanMan who also said his theme shares some similarities with an Aether Foundation theme as well, or something, right?

But yes, there's definitely more to Gladion than meets the eye, I'm sure. His battle intro sprite or whatever you call it is also much more detailed than Guzma and that other Team Skull woman's, so right now I think he'll be more important in the grand scheme of the story than Guzma. I'm also sure him being in Team Skull is just temporary, and I believe he even says as much in the Japanese trailer, something along the lines of "well, right now I'm Team Skull's enforcer", although maybe I'm reading too much into things.

Edited by Thane

I believe it was The DanMan who also said his theme shares some similarities with an Aether Foundation theme as well, or something, right?

But yes, there's definitely more to Gladion than meets the eye, I'm sure. His battle intro sprite or whatever you call them is also much more detailed than Guzma and that other Team Skull woman's, so right now I think he'll be more important in the grand scheme of the story than either of them. I'm sure him being in Team Skull is just temporary, and I believe he even says as much in the Japanese trailer, something along the lines of "well, right now I'm Team Skull's enforcer", although maybe I'm looking too much into it.

His intro is much more than theirs, yes, however I feel that's more about the character rather than plot importance. He's (presumably) a chuunibyou, or may actually have "aching blood" (Because he's UB-02 EXPANSION/absorbtion), so it makes sense for him to have a bigger intro animation to reflect that.

I do agree with him not fully being a part of Team Skull.

His intro is much more than theirs, yes, however I feel that's more about the character rather than plot importance. He's (presumably) a chuunibyou, or may actually have "aching blood" (Because he's UB-02 EXPANSION/absorbtion), so it makes sense for him to have a bigger intro animation to reflect that.

I do agree with him not fully being a part of Team Skull.

Sure, there's that, but if he actually is, or has a relation to, UB-02, then doesn't that make him more important to the plot by default? Regardless, I believe he'll function as a sort of rival.

Also, if he's indeed related to Lusamine and Lillie, then maybe they will also have similar intros. You know what else would be cool? If they all had a full team and then turned to their Ultra Beast forms when defeated, effectively making it a seven Pokémon match. It might not even be how Ultra Beasts work, but one can always dream.

Edited by Thane

Sure, there's that, but if he actually is, or has a relation to, UB-02, then doesn't that make him more important to the plot by default? Regardless, I believe he'll function as a sort of rival.

Also, if he's indeed related to Lusamine and Lillie, then maybe they will also have similar intros. You know what else would be cool? If they all had a full team and then turned to their Ultra Beast forms when defeated, effectively making it a seven Pokémon match. It might not even be how Ultra Beasts work, but one can always dream.

Of course. Although, it still could be just because he's chuuuuuuuuun.

Hm, a member of the evil team as a rival? That could be interesting...

Oooooh, I actually really like that idea. I really hope they do stuff like that to make the game, you know, actually somewhat difficult.

You know what I want back? B2W2's Challenge mode. Seriously, that was fun as hell.

Also, after a few days, I think Dartrix has grown on me. I still think Torracat is my favorite of the mid-evos, with Brionne being second, but I can finally say I at least like Dartrix.

Edited by TrueEm

If I may ask, what makes you think that Gladion may be a Chuunibyou?

Because, to me, he looked more like an "edgy" character, from that little we have seen of him.

It's mostly the "aching blood" intro animation he has. We don't have enough dialogue atm to really say what exactly he is, I'm just hoping assuming.

Edited by TrueEm

Of course. Although, it still could be just because he's chuuuuuuuuun.

Hm, a member of the evil team as a rival? That could be interesting...

Oooooh, I actually really like that idea. I really hope they do stuff like that to make the game, you know, actually somewhat difficult.

You know what I want back? B2W2's Challenge mode. Seriously, that was fun as hell.

Also, after a few days, I think Dartrix has grown on me. I still think Torracat is my favorite of the mid-evos, with Brionne being second, but I can finally say I at least like Dartrix.

I hope if Challenge Mode is back, its available from the get go on both versions.

BW2 had really stupid unlock requisites for it.

Though the communication festival thing seems like an expansion of Join Avenue, so we seem to be getting some BW2 ideas in. These might pass up B2 as my favorite entry if they have a BW level story and BW2 level of features. I want the PWT and movies back!

I'm not sure it's what'll happens, but seven Pokémon battle isn't heard of. Remember B2W2 Ghetsis tarted against Black/White Kyurem.

I hope if Challenge Mode is back, its available from the get go on both versions.

Though the communication festival thing seems like an expansion of Join Avenue, so we seem to be getting some BW2 ideas in. These might pass up B2 as my favorite entry if they have a BW level story and BW2 level of features. I want the PWT and movies back!

Challenge Mode's way of obtening is pretty ridiculous, but Challenge Mode itself is one of the best Hard Mode I played through. Passing from B2W2 Hard Mode too X and Y was quite a shock...

But yes, there's definitely more to Gladion than meets the eye, I'm sure. His battle intro sprite or whatever you call it is also much more detailed than Guzma and that other Team Skull woman's, so right now I think he'll be more important in the grand scheme of the story than Guzma. I'm also sure him being in Team Skull is just temporary, and I believe he even says as much in the Japanese trailer, something along the lines of "well, right now I'm Team Skull's enforcer", although maybe I'm reading too much into things.

His battle intro also has the same "shockwave" effect coming from behind him as Hau's. As such, I really think we do have a villainous rival on our hands.

Also, new avatar. Nice. Just don't be like me and start changing it every other day.

On the topic of Challenge Mode and the Battle Frontier (which our favorite Chinese riddler teased us about), we need to keep in mind that Masuda's word from the past doesn't mean jack right now due to him not being the director. It's kinda frustrating seeing people talk like he still is, though.

I can accept having to beat the game to unlock challenge mode. I can't accept it only being on 1 version naturally.

Literally my first though when seeing that part of the trailer was, "WIFI PLAZA 2.0" and then immediately followed by, "JOIN AVENUE 2.0".

I hope this game has B2W2 levels of side missions and such. That was really nice to have.

Challenge Mode's way of obtening is pretty ridiculous, but Challenge Mode itself is one of the best Hard Mode I played through.

Ok, I can understand for 1 version, but the other version was like, "beat the game and you get it," so how is that so hard? Unless I'm missing something...

I can accept having to beat the game to unlock challenge mode. I can't accept it only being on 1 version naturally.

Literally my first though when seeing that part of the trailer was, "WIFI PLAZA 2.0" and then immediately followed by, "JOIN AVENUE 2.0".

I hope this game has B2W2 levels of side missions and such. That was really nice to have.

Ok, I can understand for 1 version, but the other version was like, "beat the game and you get it," so how is that so hard? Unless I'm missing something...

The problem with BW2 Challenge is if you want to play the whole game with it you had to get the key from another copy, which is my big problem with it.

The mode itself is amazing though.

I'm not sure it's what'll happens, but seven Pokémon battle isn't heard of. Remember B2W2 Ghetsis tarted against Black/White Kyurem.

There's also Greevil which is the first pokémon trainer ever to use 7 pokémon against the player (the battle is also way harder than Ghetsis).

His battle intro also has the same "shockwave" effect coming from behind him as Hau's. As such, I really think we do have a villainous rival on our hands.

Also, new avatar. Nice. Just don't be like me and start changing it every other day.

On the topic of Challenge Mode and the Battle Frontier (which our favorite Chinese riddler teased us about), we need to keep in mind that Masuda's word from the past doesn't mean jack right now due to him not being the director. It's kinda frustrating seeing people talk like he still is, though.

Awesome, let's hope that's what we get, and that Gladion will be an interesting character. Quick aside: does Hala have the same effect?

I've had three avatars on this site over the course of one and a half years, I need to change things every once in a while. Although this might not last that long, as cute as Morgan is.

Awesome, let's hope that's what we get, and that Gladion will be an interesting character. Quick aside: does Hala have the same effect?

I've had three avatars on this site over the course of one and a half years, I need to change things every once in a while. Although this might not last that long, as cute as Morgan is.

It's a similar effect, but it comes from his outstretched hand- with Gladion and Hau it comes from their backs after they strike a pose.

Plumeria and Guzma don't have it, making things interesting.

And I still miss Aegis meta-humor.

Uh ? I think there's a misunderstanding here...

I mustn't have expressed myself clearly.

I just said that the way of obtaining it was kinda stupid.

However the mode itself ​is one of the best game mode I played through.

Don't know if this is clearer.

It's a similar effect, but it comes from his outstretched hand- with Gladion and Hau it comes from their backs after they strike a pose.

Plumeria and Guzma don't have it, making things interesting.

And I still miss Aegis meta-humor.

I see, that is indeed interesting. Let's hope we're correct, then.

Aigis is love, Aigis is life. I can miss that avatar sometimes, and I might use it again one of these das. For now though, just look at how cute Morgan is, look at her!

This may not be anything groundbreaking, but Nintendo UK just uploaded that Japanese trailer with the fantastic music in English:

There's is something new in this trailer!

If you pay attention, at 0:42, there's a new Trial Captain called Ilima.

It also shows the trial captains using Z-moves. And of course, the fat guy amazed by technology!

And I do wonder where this song plays...

Edited by Water Mage