Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

I see, that is indeed interesting. Let's hope we're correct, then.

Aigis is love, Aigis is life. I can miss that avatar sometimes, and I might use it again one of these das. For now though, just look at how cute Morgan is, look at her!

This may not be anything groundbreaking, but Nintendo UK just uploaded that Japanese trailer with the fantastic music in English:

watch?v=fL6QuYi3rpo

I'm glad such an important NPC has returned and is now part of the advertising.

1Picpdf.png

On a more serious note, quite a fast trailer. Couldn't read as fast as I'd like.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you pay attention, at 0:42, there's a new Trial Captain called Ilima.

Are you sure it's not just a captain we already know about with a different name? Names can differ between regions, and this is a British trailer, remember, not an NA one.

English names in the Pokemonverse tend to be unified. They rarely even get changed in French/German/Spanish either. Ilima is probably going to be a Ground-type trial as someone on Reddit pointed out is a type of flower that grows in sand.

Something in the "new" trailer strikes me as odd.

At 1.25, the player and Kukui seem to be at the Aether Foundation, yet Kukui says "if Ultra Beasts are really out there", yet we've seen UB-02 attack Hala and Tapu-Koko at presumably the first island. That means it has to happen at a later point in the game, or the player and Kukui are not present when that happens and Hala either doesn't want or is unableable to tell them. Either that or there's some memory wipe stuff going on.

English names in the Pokemonverse tend to be unified. They rarely even get changed in French/German/Spanish either. Ilima is probably going to be a Ground-type trial as someone on Reddit pointed out is a type of flower that grows in sand.

Ah, mkay then. I'm all for more trial captains anyway. Four seems like too few.

"Cousin" is a figure of speech in this context, presumably.

If memory serves, that is indeed a common way of addressing someone on Hawaii. I'm not Hawaiian or even a native English-speaker, but I seem to remember someone saying that, as well as that the variant "cuz" is also prevalent.

Edited by Thane

It seems professor kukui is our cousin

I didn't see anything in that trailer that said this...

EDITED: Oh, you edited to say cousin instead. I still don't see anything that said so.

Edited by Anacybele

"Cousin" is a figure of speech in this context, presumably.

If memory serves, that is indeed a common way of addressing someone on Hawaii. I'm not Hawaiian or even a native English-speaker, but I seem to remember someone saying that, as well as that the variant "cuz" is also prevalent.

I see I didn't know abou that. My bad.

I didn't see anything in that trailer that said this...

EDITED: Oh, you edited to say cousin instead. I still don't see anything that said so.

At the end of trailer.

Edited by Naoshi

Some npc has the last letters of their name being via, so probably an Olivia. It's right when the Aether Foundation is introduced.

Litten learns Lick, Leer, and Fire Fang.

Also it definitely seems like it's the trial captains who summon the Totem Pokemon. I think we knew that though.

I see, that is indeed interesting. Let's hope we're correct, then.

Aigis is love, Aigis is life. I can miss that avatar sometimes, and I might use it again one of these das. For now though, just look at how cute Morgan is, look at her!

This may not be anything groundbreaking, but Nintendo UK just uploaded that Japanese trailer with the fantastic music in English:

Wow_Glad.png

Gladion is either going to be amazing or cringey. Or amazingly cringey.

Where at the end? I watched it multiple times, I do not see it.

It means nothing- "cousin" is just a traditional term of endearment in Hawaii.

Can the games come out yet, I just wanna know more about mah boi, Guzma.

Speaking of which...

tumblr_odczk2T7SK1ufmhaao1_1280.png

And so this post has actual substance, I still get a kick out of the music in the newly-christened "Legendary Trailer".

Ok, I did find some info that Derrick from GameXplain mentioned from the new Legendary Trailer that points out stuff like Ilima means flower in Hawaii & British Columbia that there is a type of Moth called Ilima also and it's a female name, Derrick speculates that it could be a Bug-type Trial Captain for the game since Mallow already took the Grass-type in the Trials.

And also, Sophocles saids that there is a Ping Totem Pokemon, but he has no idea what that means.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't mean that Sophocles is a new character, I forgot that name was belong to the Electric Trial Captain.

Edited by King Marth 64

Ok, I did find some info that Derrick from GameXplain mentioned from the new Legendary Trailer that points out stuff like Ilima means flower in Hawaii & British Columbia that there is a type of Moth called Ilima also and it's a female name, Derrick speculates that it could be a Bug-type Trial Captain for the game since Mallow already took the Grass-type in the Trials.

And also, there's a new character named Sophocles saids that there is a Ping Totem Pokemon, but he has no idea what that means.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwOvd1KbFsE

Sophocles isn't new, he was revelead a long time ago.

And also, there's a new character named Sophocles saids that there is a Ping Totem Pokemon, but he has no idea what that means.

I think the Ping Totem Pokemon is just him pinging the Totem Pokemon. Like ping was capitalized because it was the first word of the sentence.

Sophocles isn't new, he was revelead a long time ago.

Sorry, I forgot about that. I just edited my previous post.

I think the Ping Totem Pokemon is just him pinging the Totem Pokemon. Like ping was capitalized because it was the first word of the sentence.

Umm..... can you please explain that better? It's hard to understand that since I don't know what that means either. And also, I tried to look at the definition in Google and it doesn't make any sense.

Edited by King Marth 64

Sorry, I forgot about that. I just edited my previous post.

Umm..... can you please explain that better? It's hard to understand that since I don't know what that means either. And I tried to look at the definition in Google and it doesn't make any sense.

Pinging something usually means to tap or poke it.

Edited by Shuuda

Ping is more like a return prompt. Like if you catch something on radar it "pings" you, or you ping a server to see if it returns a response. So basically he's calling for a response from a totem Pokémon.

Think of it like table tennis, aka Ping Pong.