Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

When it comes to nicknaming my pokemon,I do one of four things:

1.)Leave the name as is(because their names are just better then what I come up with and/or their names are just more fitting).

2.)Give them a bad nickname or one I use to death(I used to call all my Fire Starters "Blaze". Creative, ain't it? ;P )

3.) Give them a joke name(I like calling my Whooper "Herp Derp"...EVERY ...TIME! I love the little guy too much! ;P )

Or 4.)I actually give my pokemon a (somewhat) cool name(in SoulSilver, I called my Heracross "Hercule"! ;3 )

This one can take more time though(or not. Depends on what I think of in a short span of time. The "Hercule" nickname didn't take too long for me surprisingly.)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some more Mimikyu cuteness for you all in form of an adorable comic:

Aww

Also, just played the demo and don't even know what to do. By inertia, I just went back to the Ten Carat Hills (?), beat some trainers and caught Pikipek, Rockruff and TRUMP Yungoos. Got a 3 starpieces, a stardust and a nugget. I think that's enough.

I nickname on occasion, but not a lot. Sun will be the first game where I nickname pretty much everyone. I've nicknamed some Pokemon in GO as well, but not everyone right now. My Flareon is named Flare (I couldn't think of anything more creative lol), my Vaporeon is Bubbles, and my Exeggutor is Coconut.

On another note, I just got the craziest and most awesome level up I've ever seen in a Pokemon game, you guys. And how fitting is it to be my Infernape in Diamond getting to lv. 50? Heh. Here are the stat increases:

HP: +3

Attack: +4

Defense: +2

Sp. Attack: +4

Sp. Defense: +2

Speed: +4

Yeah, you're looking at this right. I'm not even EV training or anything, even though I know how to do that in the pre-Super Training games. But I love this, man! You guys ever get level ups like this other than through EV training and the Macho Brace and stuff?

Edited by Anacybele

If we're posting fan-art...

[spoiler=Precious cinnamon cat too good for this world, too pure]Fd9xh1q.jpg

Honestly just the fact he's Dark/Fire makes me so happy. Thank you, GameFreak.

I knew it'd be Fire/Dark. GameFreak couldn't be stupid enough to give us a fourth Fire/Fighting starter already.

Besides, it also means that beautiful Primarina double trumps that ugly thing. Water > Fire and Fairy > Dark. Bwahaha. (yes, I'm aware that the Fire typing will actually make Fairy type moves do neutral damage here, but that's beside the point. :P)

Edited by Anacybele

On paper, I would agree, but the thing is, a lot of Fairy type Pokemon aren't associated with flowers. More are associated with outer space, the moon, or sweet aromas (that come from things other than flowers, like food and perfume in Slurpuff and Aromatisse's cases), or affection like Sylveon. Or jewels like Diancie. Heck, we have a fairy based on keys! The only Fairy type that seems to be associated with flowers at all, in fact, is the Flabebe line.

Who doesn't even become part grass

Too bad Incineroar isn't a grass type

I actually saw that one on Twitter. It's cute(and rather sweet too)! ;3

Some more Mimikyu cuteness for you all in form of an adorable comic:

The Mimikyu feels train continue! :'3

(Still wondering if it evolves with happiness...)

Edited by Busterman64

The Mimikyu feels train continue! :'3

(Still wondering if it evolves with happiness...)

Outside of Marill, when has a pikaclone ever evolved? It'd be nice though.

(I know Togedemaru is the pikaclone, but whatever)

That's quite nice! I was rather disappointed not seeing Green, even though it makes sense since they were likely going from the original Red/Blue and not the remakes.

Wow, that Leaf art looks totally legit! It's awesome. :o

I'd have liked to see her too, but yeah, sadly she didn't exist in the original RBY.

That second pic is SO lol. XD (though why is Pikachu in one of those baby carrier things? That's just...weird. lol)

That second pic is SO lol. XD (though why is Pikachu in one of those baby carrier things? That's just...weird. lol)

Well, in Yellow Pikachu didn't like being in its pokeball. And I think Red in non Gen1 games is based off Yellow, because in GSC/HGSS and B2W2 he had a Pikachu and the three starters, something that could be done without trading in Yellow.

I put that I was going to pick Litten, but I hate Incineroar. I really hate it. It looks stupid and mutilates the fine feline form of its prior evolutions.

It's been a while since I've hated a video game character this much. The sort of hate I have for Sanaki.

Now, I'm torn. Do I get Rowlet, because I like Ghost types, or do I get Popplio, so I can kill Incineroar when I battle my rival? But picking Rowlet will doom Litten to an eternal purgatory, forever living in a pokeball, never to know life nor love and dwell forgotten, sitting on a desk of a professor, until the day he's retired and the pokeball gets thrown into a box of various office supplies and put into storage, until the day the building catches fire a mercifully destroys the pokeball within, with the Litten inside, sparing it from ever evolving into that monstrosity and it will thank fate for the release.

Now, I'm torn. Do I get Rowlet, because I like Ghost types, or do I get Popplio, so I can kill Incineroar when I battle my rival? But picking Rowlet will doom Litten to an eternal purgatory, forever living in a pokeball, never to know life nor love and dwell forgotten, sitting on a desk of a professor, until the day he's retired and the pokeball gets thrown into a box of various office supplies and put into storage, until the day the building catches fire a mercifully destroys the pokeball within, with the Litten inside, sparing it from ever evolving into that monstrosity and it will thank fate for the release.

Aren't Black/White 2 the only games since Diamond/Pearl to not have all three starters taken by someone? Not counting remakes.

I really like Incineroar's design, it's got a mischievous charm that you don't often get to see in starters. It might look like a stand that got lost from Jojo, but it's really nice to see that it's not fire/fighting!

I nickname on occasion, but not a lot. Sun will be the first game where I nickname pretty much everyone. I've nicknamed some Pokemon in GO as well, but not everyone right now. My Flareon is named Flare (I couldn't think of anything more creative lol), my Vaporeon is Bubbles, and my Exeggutor is Coconut.

On another note, I just got the craziest and most awesome level up I've ever seen in a Pokemon game, you guys. And how fitting is it to be my Infernape in Diamond getting to lv. 50? Heh. Here are the stat increases:

HP: +3

Attack: +4

Defense: +2

Sp. Attack: +4

Sp. Defense: +2

Speed: +4

Yeah, you're looking at this right. I'm not even EV training or anything, even though I know how to do that in the pre-Super Training games. But I love this, man! You guys ever get level ups like this other than through EV training and the Macho Brace and stuff?

Did you checked if you caught PokéRus (twice the EV each battles).

Diamond was the first game I got it (and my first shiny as well, but that's irrelevant here.)

Aren't Black/White 2 the only games since Diamond/Pearl to not have all three starters taken by someone? Not counting remakes.

Yeah, only the one you have an advantage against gets taken in BW2, by the other player met in Nimbasa. Hugh hatched his starter on his own, so technically one of the professor's remains.