Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

6w2raT.jpg

oWao0E.jpgOXYvtz.jpg

yeyhoJ.jpgaAHS1w.jpg

Gotta get it in this Pokeball as these do carry over upon their children. Received it after about 30ish chains.

Some tips for chaining...

-Have False Swipe, so it don't be a pain to focus on getting them low enough on health to start the chaining. Cubone learns it at LV27.

-Have Trace, Worry Seed, or Skill Swap to know what abilities that they have. I've had a Reuncious for this that can learn it (Skill Swap) at LV43 before evolving it and can be found with the QR Isle scan.

-Adrendaline Orbs

-Have a good amount of supplies as they burn quickly. PP restoring items, potions, etc.

-After about 30 chains there is a 15% chance that the enemy will carry it's HA.

-If your after shinies...it can take over 300 in chaining as some don't find one until over 500 in chaining. But...any suggestions on how to drag on this battle for that long knowing what amount of supplies to needing for this?

-Kill one of them after awhile as they will struggle and kill themselves soon after running out of PP ending the battle if they are alone.

-Make sure that they are female when you catch them, so that they can get their breeding moves as the moves cannot be retrieved with a Ditto.

Now I've got some breeding to do and make my Honbee army. All girls of course cuz the guy ones are pretty awkward. Gotta breed Ledian(Baton Pass) then Whimscott(Moonblast) for these moves.

Edited by PuffPuff

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also unsure if this was talked about but anyone have a particular trial captain or kahuna they liked?

Favorite Trail Captain(s): Sophocles, because I thought he was adorable. Kiawe, because his design is awesome, his trial made me laugh and he reminds me of Akihiko from Persona 3.

Favorite Kahuna(s): Olivia, because she has an awesome design. I love-hate Nanu, because I think he's pretty cool, but he killed my Taurus during my Nuzlocke.

Also, I'm really starting to hate toilet bird with Drizzle. It keeps killing my new recruits and my patience is wearing extremely thin. I managed to secure a Carbink - which will hopefully prove to be a valuable wall - and a Drifblim - which will hopefully help with the Ground weakness that I currently have on my team.

Edited by saisymbolic

I'm actually doing a Sun Nuzlocke right now. The early game is a lot harder than I thought it would be (keep in mind that I turned off EXP Share and changed the mode to Set). Luckily my starter (Litten) is Adamant, so that's proving to be helpful (and even though its only STAB move, Ember, is weaker, it's still good enough for the purposes I use it for).

A potential early roadblock is your rival, at least if you picked Poplio. Something that really threw me off was how few Pokemon you could catch early on; Route 1 not only encompasses the area to the right of your house, but the grassy area near the professor's lab AND the grass in the Trainer's School as well. This means that you're missing out on a lot of cool Pokemon and if you catch a Pikipek (like I did for a first Pokemon; it's better than I thought it'd be but it being Modest is a huge bummer), you really have no options against Hau's Pichu. Another potential early game killer is Pokemon with STAB Bite; specifically, from Grimer (Rising Star in the Trainer's School) and Meowth (teacher from the same area; her Meowth also can outspeed your entire team, so it's double trouble). The teacher also has a Magnemite as well, which spells more trouble for Poplio.

You can finally catch a third party member in Hau'oli City, and while I'd have preferred a Magnemite (really good typing, coverage, and other moves), a Pichu isn't bad (although Jolly? Not exactly my lucky day). The Team Skull grunt at the end is pretty easy but Ilima was actually really hard. His Smeargle 2HKOed both Pichu and Pikipek (doing 18/27 damage ish, even) and had Water Gun as a coverage move against Litten, which was a bit much for me. My plan ended up being shoving Potions down Pichu's throat until Static procced, and then spamming Charm and Sweet Kiss before proceeding to Thunder Shock him to death (and even then, an errant Water Gun crit would have been the end of me).

At least things are going a lot better after you get access to Route 2, with the opportunity to catch TWO new Pokemon (a Ghost type from the cemetery, which will probably be super useful for the kahuna, and your standard Route 2 Pokemon). Impish!Gastly and a redundant fire type (Rash!Growlithe) are kind of a bummer but what can you do about that? Other than that, I've just been abusing Pokemon Refresh to get my Pokemon that EXP bonus (which is really helpful in a Nuzlocke) and because...I dunno, it just makes me more attached to the little guys.

At least things are going a lot better after you get access to Route 2, with the opportunity to catch TWO new Pokemon (a Ghost type from the cemetery, which will probably be super useful for the kahuna, and your standard Route 2 Pokemon).

Just as a warning; two of Hala's Pokemon have Pursuit. So careful with those Ghost types.

Cool, thanks for the heads up! That's going to be...painful to deal with, for sure. Maybe I'll use an X Defend or something.

Cool, thanks for the heads up! That's going to be...painful to deal with, for sure. Maybe I'll use an X Defend or something.

If you're lucky enough to catch and Oricorio that should sweep Hala once it gets Air Cutter.

s1YY0D.jpga0TAfx.jpg

xEbicp.jpgFRaoe1.jpg

Aha.

Not bad after 50ish chains.

It's all a matter now of deciding what Pokeball to catch them in as they will be in that kind of ball forever as their children are no longer just in the standard Pokeballs, but in their own mothers Pokeball. ;)

Edited by PuffPuff

Well I finally decided to make a start on breeding and I'm pretty chuffed already. Got myself a 6IV Timid Cottonee with Prankster and Encore. Getting 6IVs is already lucky, but getting them for Whimsicott, who's perhaps my favourite of all Pokemon, is just ridiculous.

Incidently, if anyone would like a 4IV Cottonee with the same features, just give me a bell.

Well I finally decided to make a start on breeding and I'm pretty chuffed already. Got myself a 6IV Timid Cottonee with Prankster and Encore. Getting 6IVs is already lucky, but getting them for Whimsicott, who's perhaps my favourite of all Pokemon, is just ridiculous.

Incidently, if anyone would like a 4IV Cottonee with the same features, just give me a bell.

I'd love a Cottonee with prankster without a terrible nature. Everyone on GTS keeps sending me Jolly ones u_U and whimsicott is also one of my favourites. Though I don't have anything really good to trade yet.

I'd love a Cottonee with prankster without a terrible nature. Everyone on GTS keeps sending me Jolly ones u_U and whimsicott is also one of my favourites. Though I don't have anything really good to trade yet.

I've got quite a few so I'd be fine with passing one over. My code's 1048-8708-5581 if you'd like to trade.

I've got quite a few so I'd be fine with passing one over. My code's 1048-8708-5581 if you'd like to trade.

Sure, just added you. I'll leave my 3DS online to trade so I'll keep an eye out for requests. My IGN is Jojo.

Edit: Thanks for the trade!

Edited by Samias

6w2raT.jpg

EvwgdR.jpgaGZGtH.jpg

eGXegL.jpg

One just came to me after just looking for a Lightening Rod one after about 100 chains. It's a gurl too...with a great nature. <3

3 good perfect IV's as well in Sp.Attk, Sp.Def and Speed.

Edited by PuffPuff

Well I fought the boy last night.

swd5SBi.png

Funny story, I didn't know if you used a NormaliumZ and Sleep Talk, it'd randomly select and then use a Z move.

So basically I died to Red's Lapras due to a Sleep Talk activated Ice-typed Z move. Rip Tapu Bulu.

So, I want to get the Flamethrower TM, but I need a bit of help on this. I know it's in Poni Canyon, in the third cave bottom level. This is what Bulbapedia says anyway. But it doesn't yet have a map of the canyon, so the location is still a bit vague. Can someone give me more definite directions to it? I found Poni Canyon to be tedious to wander around...

Can't believe I missed this TM though, I thought I got all the visible items in Poni Canyon...

Edited by Anacybele

That's where I was referring to. =)

Oh, I thought you meant that actual little grotto hidden on the path right near the altar entrance... xP

But thanks!

By the way, to clarify, putting Pokemon in Isle Avue in Poke Pelago raises happiness, right? I mean, it's a hot spring, so...

Oh, I thought you meant that actual little grotto hidden on the path right near the altar entrance... xP

But thanks!

By the way, to clarify, putting Pokemon in Isle Avue in Poke Pelago raises happiness, right? I mean, it's a hot spring, so...

Eyup, that's what it's for.

Thought so.

Slowbro must be a very rare encounter... I can't find one at all and I've been searching forever. I know I'm in the right area. I even tried to see if wild Slowpoke would call one for help, but none appeared there either. Yet I did find a couple of Bagon, one of which I caught...

Thought so.

Slowbro must be a very rare encounter... I can't find one at all and I've been searching forever. I know I'm in the right area. I even tried to see if wild Slowpoke would call one for help, but none appeared there either. Yet I did find a couple of Bagon, one of which I caught...

Slowbro is an SOS only encounter.

It'd be easier to just evolve a Slowpoke on your own.

Easier, maybe, but not by much. Slowpoke doesn't evolve until lv. 37. And it's not as easy to level up Pokemon in this game as it was in ORAS. There aren't secret bases with Blissey or anything. The Lucky Egg helps some, but not a whole lot.