Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're getting more footage at E3:

EDIT: Fixed for better source.

http://nintendoeverything.com/pokemon-sun-moon-pokemon-go-appearing-on-nintendo-treehouse-live-e3-2016/

Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 2016 will heavily feature Zelda Wii U later this month. However, as it turns out, that won’t be the only game on the broadcast.

The official Japanese Twitter account for Pokemon confirms that Pokemon Sun/Moon and Pokemon GO will be included in the Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 2016 live stream. We don’t know what exactly will be shown, but this is rather interesting news!

On Tuesday, Pokemon Sun/Moon will be introduced (June 14). Pokemon GO will be featured on Wednesday (June 15). Guests such as developers will stop by, and there will also be new information and trivia about development that can only be heard here. With Pokemon GO, it will be a developer Q&A.

Edited by Jave

I'm really feeling the watercolor vibe coming from these pictures.

That may be from the site used to enhance the image rather than the actual art style itself, if they used the site I'm thinking they did.

But it does make for a really nice effect!

Also a bit of an aside but:

So Hau's favorite treat is very much a real thing: malasadas are a Portuguese doughnut hole coated in granulated sugar that was brought over to the islands.

And they look delicious so I'm getting a recipe and making some for myself stat.

Edited by Vashiane

Why are there Japanese style buildings in some of those pics? Hawaii isn't a Japanese territory. Did anyone from GameFreak actually visit or research this place? If it's supposed to be based off of Hawaii, it should have Hawaiian style buildings, plants, etc. Those islands don't look like Hawaii either, though that isn't that big a deal since many of the actual Hawaiian islands are really small and probably wouldn't suit a Pokemon region.

And someone pointed out that Solgaleo is weak to Fire type moves. That also makes no sense if it's supposed to "devour the sun." GameFreak really didn't think much of this through, did they?

EDIT: Oh, but that QR code thing sounds really neat!

Edited by Anacybele

Why are there Japanese style buildings in some of those pics? Hawaii isn't a Japanese territory. Did anyone from GameFreak actually visit or research this place? If it's supposed to be based off of Hawaii, it should have Hawaiian style buildings, plants, etc. Those islands don't look like Hawaii either, though that isn't that big a deal since many of the actual Hawaiian islands are really small and probably wouldn't suit a Pokemon region.

And someone pointed out that Solgaleo is weak to Fire type moves. That also makes no sense if it's supposed to "devour the sun." GameFreak really didn't think much of this through, did they?

There's a large amount of people of Japanese ancestry in Hawaii.

So, we finally have our (annoying) talking mascot in Pokémon (Rotomdex).

I'm surprised it took that long actually.

And I really want to explore this region ASAP. It seems to be a fun one.

So, we finally have our (annoying) talking mascot in Pokémon (Rotomdex).

I'm surprised it took that long actually.

And I really want to explore this region ASAP. It seems to be a fun one.

At least it isn't voiced; that's most of the annoyance gone right there.

*Cringes at Nabiru in Monster Hunter Stories*

There's a large amount of people of Japanese ancestry in Hawaii.

Maybe, but googling images of Hawaii brought up no pics of buildings that look like Japanese ones. They all look like either round little huts or typical US city buildings...

I thought the Steel typing was weird too, but let me direct you to this.

It's a bit of a long article, but tl;dr, stars are not just comprised of hydrogen and helium but also out of various metals, and some of these stars, known as Population I stars, are particularly metal-rich.

In fact, our own sun is a Population I star!

Edited by Vashiane

Huh. And the sun IS a star. Now things make a little more sense to me. Thanks, Vash.

I still think that now, Fire/Steel would've been better than Psychic/Steel. Even if we already did get Heatran. But we also already have the Beldum line and Bronzor line for Psychic/Steel, so neither typing is unique.

Although, I guess I can partly blame myself for disappointment, because I was thinking I was going to catch a Fire type for the box legendary in my game, and Fire is my favorite type...

Edited by Anacybele

Maybe, but googling images of Hawaii brought up no pics of buildings that look like Japanese ones. They all look like either round little huts or typical US city buildings...

I get it, but Alola isn't Hawaii, it's just based on Hawaii. There's no reason for them to make it strictly Hawaii, nor have they made strong efforts to make other regions strictly like the real-world locations they're based on. If the region was actually Hawaii it'd be strange but it's perfectly fine for a fictional place.

It wouldn't be the first time it happened.

Primal Groudon is the embodiment of the land, and yet is weak to Ground type moves.

The legendaries typing seems... Less than stellar.

[/ba dum tss]

Huh. And the sun IS a star. Now things make a little more sense to me. Thanks, Vash.

I still think that now, Fire/Steel would've been better than Psychic/Steel. Even if we already did get Heatran. But we also already have the Beldum line and Bronzor line for Psychic/Steel, so neither typing is unique.

Although, I guess I can partly blame myself for disappointment, because I was thinking I was going to catch a Fire type for the box legendary in my game, and Fire is my favorite type...

Not to mention Jirachi, which is also Psychic/Steel, and Hoopa which is also Psychic/Ghost (technically Ghost/Psychic but #semantics).

... Also Lunala is both 4x to Dark and Ghost.

Irony is a wonderful thing.

It wouldn't be the first time it happened.

Primal Groudon is the embodiment of the land, and yet is weak to Ground type moves.

Hm, yeah, that is true.

The legendaries are a little underwhelming, but everything else looks great! Lillie looks like she could be a rich kid and her parents sent her to study under the professor to get some life experience or something, it could explain her clothing and paler skin.

Whee, thanks for all the info everyone~! Now, my thoughts:

- From left to right, it looks like the islands are Niihau (that really small thing), Kauai, Oahu, I guess some smooshed-up representation of Maui County (that's Maui, Lanai, and Molokai, but I'm having problems identifying it, would like a little help here please), and Hawaii.

- The Japanese trailer captured a bit of speech from Lillie/Hau. Lillie's speech is what you'd expect from a quiet girl who just met someone. Hau's speech pattern is. . .kind of hard to explain. It's a bit more singsong and definitely more laid back. Someone did their language homework!

- However, I see shoes being worn in houses. It's customary to take off shoes before entering a house in Hawaii. But I suspect that would be somewhat of a pain to program!

- I don't have a problem with the Japanese-style buildings, as they exist in Hawaii right alongside everything else. For example, the Japanese Chamber of Commerce is pretty close to a Burger King.

- The two clouded regions should be interesting. Perhaps one of 'em will be Kaho'olawe (minus the unexploded ordinance).

- OMG MALASADAS! Yes, they're delicious, go eat a few.

- Oh, right, the legendaries. The actual moves look cool, and I like the thought of being able to one-shot Sturdy 'mons.

Oh yes, please, give me more Nintendo !

Kukui look so cool ! Though I'm not sure what to thing of having a Rotom in my pokedex, I like it to be silent. :p

Inb4 too much water. Ahah.

Psychic/Steel?

Psychic/Ghost?

Not what anybody predicted, that's for sure.

EDIT: And I bet there's going to be a crapload of Lillie fanart in a couple hours.

I agree with everything you said, especially the last part. There is much savyness in the last line, there is. :p

Honestly, I was half-expecting triple type or something.

Edited by B.Leu

Where was my trigger warning for the Azura clone?

Also, psychic steel? I get the psychic and ghost typing, but psychic and steel for a burning lion representing the sun? I feel like psychic types are everywhere.