Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, he's battled relatively early on, apparently.

He seems a little too hot headed to be a real Boss though, I'd agree.

Also, a funny detail : If you want to be a Team Skull member, you have to pay for your costume.

Wait, you have to pay for your costume? Oh my god this team gets better and better. It really makes me hope we get a more in-depth look at the evil team this time around.

To be fair to Team Skull though there are certain elements that scare me more than other teams. Namely just how gang like they seem. This team doesn't seem as organized or level-headed as the others. They seem like they're just as likely to start a fist-fight as a pokemon fight. Of course none of that could matter and they could end up being pure doofiness instead. Either way I'm happy.

I think I'm warming up Pyukumuku, and Alolan Marowak is cool.

Edited by Honey Bunny

Let's hope Team Skull doesn't want to destroy the world or even take over it; I'm getting a little tired of that. I was so surprised when Lysandre was so serious and spoke of heavy themes like overpopulation, and then his team was compromised of vain idiots.

@Water Mage. Nice

Team Flare members also said that in X & Y if I recall correctly

Yeah, but this made more sense since they were based around being classy.

​Team Skull looks just like a bunch of wild ruffians.

I mean, I'd rather buy a Team Skull costume than a Team Flare (especially because I can have a cool sista if I join them), but that's behind the point.

Personally I'd take the Flare's tacky orange suit over Skull's punk outfits if I was choosing which Team I'd join based solely on fashion sense.

None of the Team uniforms (Rocket/Aqua/Magma/Galactic/Plasma/Neo Plasma/Flare/Skull) have particularly fashionable designs. Then again, my idea of fashion is lots of fanciness, pretty dresses and classy suits/tuxedos.

Personally I'd take the Flare's tacky orange suit over Skull's punk outfits if I was choosing which Team I'd join based solely on fashion sense.

None of the Team uniforms (Rocket/Aqua/Magma/Galactic/Plasma/Neo Plasma/Flare/Skull) have particularly fashionable designs. Then again, my idea of fashion is lots of fanciness, pretty dresses and classy suits/tuxedos.

Everyone is forgetting about Team Cipher, their costumes are not that bad actually.

Innards out does as much damage to the enemy as Pyukumuku had before fainting. That's why it used Pain Split in the Japanese trailer.

Now that we have a little more context on Guzma's line, it seems like he's talking about him and Kukui being trial captain rejects, not him and other Team Skull members. Kukui probably decided to not let rejection bring him down, and he studied to become a professor, while Guzma was just bitter about it. Also Guzma does not in fact have a Z-Ring. It's just a watch.

I'm still confused on what it means by, "When a Wishiwashi reaches a certain level..." If it is level based, how is School Form different than an evolution? I see in the Japanese trailer it got knocked out of School Form, so I'm really confused.

Morelull getting Spore confirmed, though it was obvious as a mushroom pokemon.

[spoiler=Stat Stuff]

This is all assuming pokemon have 31 IVs in each stat, but 0 EVs, and neutral natures, based on Gyarados' HP. So don't take this as anything concrete.

Minior had 120 HP at level 50. So it should have a base HP of about 45. Hopefully its defenses are good when shelled, and its speed is good de-shelled.

Wishiwashi had 66 HP at level 27. So it should have a base HP of about 39.

Going on how a level 31 Magnezone did 50 damage to a level 27 Wishiwashi School Form, and assuming Wishiwashi has enough Speed to make Electro Ball have its minimum power of 60, Wishiwashi School Form has a base Special Defense somewhere from 124-140 (minimum damage roll) to 161-173 (maximum damage roll). The rather large variance comes from Wishiwashi and Magnezone being quite low leveled (presumably, as I don't know exactly how damage works, and I just use Showdown's calculator).

Wishiwashi School Form's Special Attack is harder to figure out. We do know that it put Magnezone into low red health, but it didn't activate Sturdy. I can't tell if it crit or not, but I don't think so. If someone knows what the text after Magnezone got hit by Hydro Pump, it would be appreciated. All I can tell is Magnezone's name. Anyway, it seems to have a base Special Attack stat of over 230, but I must be figuring something wrong. In Showdown's calculator, I have a level 27 Water type that has a neutral nature, 31 Special Attack IVs, and a base 230 Special Attack stat, resulting in a Special Attack stat of 137, using Hydro Pump against a level 31 Magnzone with a neutral nature, 31 Special Defense IVs, 31 HP IVs, and its normal base Special Defense and HP of 90 and 70 respectively, resulting in 70 and 94 stats respectively, and it does 67-79 damage, which doesn't look like it would lead to that small amount of health Magnezone has in the trailer.

Pykumuku had 79 HP at level 23. So it should have a base HP of about 85.

Alola Meowth seems to have the same HP and Attack as its normal form.

Alola Raichu seems to have slightly less HP than normal Raichu, at about 53 or 54 base HP.

Thanks for the stat calcs. It looks like Wishiwashi might be viable after all, if these are correct of course. I'm also glad they gave Pykumuku decent HP.

It seems like Alolan Raichu is indeed going to be a sweeper. That will definitely be much more viable than normal Raichu, especially in Doubles or VGC with Tapu Koko.

Taking these stat calcs at face value until proven otherwise.

And yeah, Magnezone would've taken ~3/4 of it's health, not almost all. At Level 31, Magnezone had 94 HP with 31 IVs. Perhaps it doesn't have Max IVs to show Wishiwashi as powerful? Either that or Wishiwashi's school form is actually overpowered. Give that thing a Choice Scarf, and everyone dies.

Edited by TrueEm

Working off of part of a rumor that hasn't been debunked, I'm thinking Guzma is on the payrole of

Lillie's father.

That is, of course, if the rumor's true. It was treated as part of the concept art leak, though.

Thanks for the stat calcs. It looks like Wishiwashi might be viable after all, if these are correct of course. I'm also glad they gave Pykumuku decent HP.

It seems like Alolan Raichu is indeed going to be a sweeper. That will definitely be much more viable than normal Raichu, especially in Doubles or VGC with Tapu Koko.

Taking these stat calcs at face value until proven otherwise.

And yeah, Magnezone would've taken ~3/4 of it's health, not almost all. At Level 31, Magnezone had 94 HP with 31 IVs. Perhaps it doesn't have Max IVs to show Wishiwashi as powerful? Either that or Wishiwashi's school form is actually overpowered. Give that thing a Choice Scarf, and everyone dies.

255 Special Attack might be it, assuming a high damage roll of 85/87, which is 90.4/92.5%. There is the possibility that Magnezone has low IVs/bad nature and Wishiwashi has a good nature, yeah.

[spoiler=More Stat Calc]

Assuming 0 HP/0 Special Defense Magnezone and a high roll, we've got about 200 base Special Attack.

Assuming 0 HP/0 Special Defense -Special Defense nature Magnezone and a high roll, we've got about 170 base Special Attack.

Assuming 0 HP/0 Special Defense Magnezone and +Special Attack nature Wishiwashi and a high roll, we've got about 170 base Special Attack.

Assuming 0 HP/0 Special Defense -Special Defense nature Magnezone and +Special Attack nature Wishiwashi and a high roll, we've got about 150 base Special Attack.

Assuming 31 HP/31 Special Defense -Special Defense nature Magnezone and a high roll, we've got about 230 base Special Attack.

Assuming 31 HP/31 Special Defense Magnezone and +Special Attack nature Wishiwashi and a high roll, we've got about 230 base Special Attack.

Assuming 31 HP/31 Special Defense -Special Defense nature Magnezone and +Special Attack nature Wishiwashi and a high roll, we've got about 210 base Special Attack.

I'm more inclined to go with the basic low IV Magnezone possibility of 200 Special Attack thinking it over, although it could easily be one of the lower numbers, as there are no pokemon with 200 or more in a non-defensive stat.

255 Special Attack might be it, assuming a high damage roll of 85/87, which is 90.4/92.5%. There is the possibility that Magnezone has low IVs/bad nature and Wishiwashi has a good nature, yeah.

[spoiler=More Stat Calc]

Assuming 0 HP/0 Special Defense Magnezone and a high roll, we've got about 200 base Special Attack.

Assuming 0 HP/0 Special Defense -Special Defense nature Magnezone and a high roll, we've got about 170 base Special Attack.

Assuming 0 HP/0 Special Defense Magnezone and +Special Attack nature Wishiwashi and a high roll, we've got about 170 base Special Attack.

Assuming 0 HP/0 Special Defense -Special Defense nature Magnezone and +Special Attack nature Wishiwashi and a high roll, we've got about 150 base Special Attack.

Assuming 31 HP/31 Special Defense -Special Defense nature Magnezone and a high roll, we've got about 230 base Special Attack.

Assuming 31 HP/31 Special Defense Magnezone and +Special Attack nature Wishiwashi and a high roll, we've got about 230 base Special Attack.

Assuming 31 HP/31 Special Defense -Special Defense nature Magnezone and +Special Attack nature Wishiwashi and a high roll, we've got about 210 base Special Attack.

I'm more inclined to go with the basic low IV Magnezone possibility of 200 Special Attack thinking it over, although it could easily be one of the lower numbers, as there are no pokemon with 200 or more in a non-defensive stat.

Either way, that's terrifying! It can mow down teams as long as it has good speed to make use of the Choice Scarf as well as a good movepool. Storm Drain, Dry Skin and Water Absorb are going to be invaluable when it comes to facing this thing. If it has good enough speed, Life Orb or Choice Specs/Band can make it an amazing Wallbreaker.

Edited by TrueEm

I can't believe how dorky the new villain team is. That's pretty hilarious. I really love it so far. I'm getting kind of hyped, I hope Alola isn't disappointing.

[spoiler=More Stat Calc]

What if it was a crit? I don't think it'll have more SpAtck than Mewtwo Y.

With an ability that works like Defeatist but maybe (and more than likely) far worse, I wouldn't be surprised if School Form has very high offensive stats while having poor defenses.

Edit: Skeptical Leak Frosty posted in a skype chat:

Edited by Glaceon Mage

It wasn't a crit. Unless they changed the Yellow Text thing from ORAS.

With an ability that works like Defeatist but maybe (and more than likely) far worse, I wouldn't be surprised if School Form has very high offensive stats while having poor defenses.

Edit: Skeptical Leak Frosty posted in a skype chat:

Oh, it could TOTALLY be a renamed Defeatist, or at least a variation.

Also, that leak looks fake. The art of the Pokemon seem to stay in a similar pose to their normal ones, and the type logo looks weird.

It wasn't a crit. Unless they changed the Yellow Text thing from ORAS.

Oh, it could TOTALLY be a renamed Defeatist, or at least a variation.

Also, that leak looks fake. The art of the Pokemon seem to stay in a similar pose to their normal ones, and the type logo looks weird.

It's pretty similar to Defeatist, only with a level limit for some bizarre reason.

Eh, I live on the policy of don't completely believe until proven true, just thought it was worth posting.

Damn would Alakazam be awesome with nunchucks though!

They should be spoons connected by chains. Spoon-Nunchucks!

The fact that there is no spoon integrations makes me not believe it as well.

I like the music so far, so why not share it?

[spoiler=Wild Pokemon Theme]

[spoiler=Trainer Battle]

[spoiler=Team Skull Encounter]

Team Skull one is broken. The link works, but not the in-post version.

Either way, it's really good.

Edited by TrueEm