Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shirodesuna killing the overrated rodent is okay in my book, but it still needs to dispose of the true enemy, the overrated lizard known as Charizard.

Charizard flies, so good luck with that.

Ahem. . .Big Boxer Hermit Crab amuses me, mostly because it looks like it should be Water, and isn't.

[spoiler=So... this Pikachu is dead]

pokemon-770x562-palossand.jpg

Well, yeah. Pikachu has xs for eyes, not spirals.

Crabrawler is totally based. I need it.

Stuffel's tag is cute.

Sandygast and Palossand are neat, but their ability is underwhelming.

Ahem. . .Big Boxer Hermit Crab amuses me, mostly because it looks like it should be Water, and isn't.

Crabrawler kinda reminds me of a coconut crab, and they don't like water. "Except as larvae, coconut crabs cannot swim, and they will drown if left in water for more than an hour." From wikipedia.

I just saw a video, and yeah Crabbrawler just looks like Franky in One Piece. My appreciation for them just got through the roof.

I also read a theory saying Stufful evolves out of sppite after being forcefully hugged too much, and I just love that idea.

Also, it can be used to show the "Teddy Bear's Bite Concept" (little kids consider there plushies real, but would freak out if it even bite them.), and that's just cool.

Charizard flies, so good luck with that.

Charizard X doesn't... but it technically does... but also doesn't... video game logic?

Very small news, no new Pokemon, but this video shows a side quest that seems to be referencing Pyukumuku's bio:

For those who can't read japanese, this side quest is about throwing Pyukumuku at the sea. You even get paid for it!

Edited by Water Mage

I bet it pays well because otherwise, nobody would actually do it. :P But interesting.

20000 bucks is quite a lot in the Pokemon world, so chucking all those Pyukumuku back to the sea is well worth it. The side-effect of this video is that people will have a reference on where to find the Pyukumuku if they're too lazy to look for a black blob in the overworld.

That kind of thing is exactly why I think Alola is gonna be great.

Not that this is my dream job or anything, but because this feels... real.

It's a world were humans and Pokémons lives together for a while.

Just realized that there are some ripples in beach sand.

Could it be where you find Sandygast?

I think the ripples in the sand is just a normal wild encounter area, not specifically Sandygeist.

You would totally find it there, but not just it.

I love that the whole "throwing Pyukumuku back into the sea" thing wasn't just flavour text, and it's actually a thing you can do. It bothers me that there's no animation for the actual throwing, though, and it just fades to black and then the Pyukumuku's gone.

I love that the whole "throwing Pyukumuku back into the sea" thing wasn't just flavour text, and it's actually a thing you can do. It bothers me that there's no animation for the actual throwing, though, and it just fades to black and then the Pyukumuku's gone.

Eh, some of them are away from the water. It's better than nothing I guess.

On another note: That beach was on the middle right island or Maui's equivalent. Just something I noticed. I mean, it's literally the only place on the Sun and Moon map that has Beach Umbrellas anyways.

That Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png20,000 is probably gonna be one of the best ways to grind money, like the Restaurants in XY. Unfortunately not as good as it, since it's not battles.

Edited by TrueEm

I think the ripples in the sand is just a normal wild encounter area, not specifically Sandygeist.

You would totally find it there, but not just it.

Well, I guess it would make seen for Krabby and Binacle to appear there.

Edited by Water Mage

Well, I guess it would make seen for Krabby and Binacle to appear there.

Kek imagine if we get another sand Pokemon.

Anyways, I feel Trapinch would be a better fit for being found there. You know since it also causes sinkholes.

Mega Flygon confirmed.

Kek imagine if we get another sand Pokemon.

Anyways, I feel Trapinch would be a better fit for being found there. You know since it also causes sinkholes.

Mega Flygon confirmed.

Yeah, but it's a beach, not exactly a place one would find a Trapinch.

It's more of a desert Pokemon.

Yeah, but it's a beach, not exactly a place one would find a Trapinch.

It's more of a desert Pokemon.

True, but why would there be demonic wet sand on a well maintained beach at a resort? Or massive crabs and grabby barnacles?

That was a joke by the way.

And yes, I will be referring to it as demonic wet sand from now on.

More leaks, I love them:

Rockruff does have multiple evolutions, though they do not feature many design changes. The evolution you get depends on the phase of the moon. Rockruff also has a strong link with Z Stones and Synchro Evolution. Rockruffs evolution is said to have a cowl that attaches to its tail. The poster claims its body may be fairly different, but the cross on its chest stood out.

Just how Rockruff has evolutions that vary depending on the phases of the moon, theres also a Pokémon that has evolutions that vary depending on the position of the sun during the day (dawn, noon or sunset) and it will not evolve at night. The Pokémon shoots seeds like a cannon.

Some areas of Alola have strange weather and time conditions. One area will have permanent sunlight as Sunny Day has been activated and time does not pass, fog makes a come back.

Several new Pokémon will receive Alola forms:

Paras/Parasect become Bug/Fairy-type and is said to be infected by Morelull

Golem become Rock/Fire-type

Koffing and Weezing both turn Fire-type, almost as though they have become uncontaminated

Grimer and Muk also become uncontaminated and are pure Ground-type

Solrock and Lunatone both receive new forms that are similar to Minior and have the same ability

There are more Poké Ride features to be revealed, including several mini games featuring different Pokémon:

Alola Arcanine can be ridden on hot waters. Arcanines zig-zags get replaced with wavy patterns and the tufts of fur on its paws look like waves

Mountains can be climbed with an as-of-yet unseen Rock/Bug-type spider monkey. Theres a mini game where you have to avoid falling boulders which is the only way to catch Alola Golem without trading

Hippowdon can be rode in a sand dungeon where players will have to avoid Sandygast and Palossand

There are four Totem Pokémon battles: Gumshoos, Lurantis, Wishiwashi and an unrevealed, pure Fire-type looking pig that has lava flowing over its body. The prevolution of the pig Pokémon is said to roll in lava akin to how pig roll in mud

New details of currently revealed Pokémon:

Komala evolves once into a more bear-looking Pokémon called Ibearnate. When it doesnt sleep on the log it throw it around

Pikipek has two evolutions, becoming more streamlined as it evolves and gaining Steel-type in its final stage called Fowldrill. The middle stage is known as Perfowl. Theres apparently a subquest in the games that require the player to explore Alola and find different markings left on trees by the Pokémon

Pepperot is Bounsweets evolution and gains Fire typing when it evolves

Tortunator has a prevolution called Krakatuga, it has a weak spot/button on its stomach

Source: http://pokejungle.net/2016/08/24/rumor-even-more-sun-moon-information-leaked/