Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

What's wrong with Ash-Greninja? I actually think it looks kinda cool and better than the original (the original looks awful, imo).

But I wouldn't care either way if Synchro evolution was in the game, I just hope it isn't called that. Why? See all the stupid Yu-Gi-Oh jokes above.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opinions will be opinions, no need to worry yourself.Besides, Greninja isn't over pandered in the games yet, and unlike a certain over-pandered lizard has a decent design.

I know, it's something I preach, but don't practice.

And yeah, Greninja isn't nearly as pandered as Charizard. For example, Greninja missed a spot in Pokken, while Charizard is playable.

What's wrong with Ash-Greninja? I actually think it looks kinda cool and better than the original (the original looks awful, imo).

But I wouldn't care either way if Synchro evolution was in the game, I just hope it isn't called that. Why? See all the stupid Yu-Gi-Oh jokes above.

The thing is in-game it would be functionally very similar to Megas/Primals, which makes it just redundant.

I know, it's something I preach, but don't practice.

And yeah, Greninja isn't nearly as pandered as Charizard. For example, Greninja missed a spot in Pokken, while Charizard is playable.

Eh, we all try to improve ourselves. That's all it is.

inb4DLC

The thing is in-game it would be functionally very similar to Megas/Primals, which makes it just redundant.Eh, we all try to improve ourselves. That's all it is.

Solgaleo and Lunaala have those forms on the Website that are "Phase" forms, which makes me think that if Synchro Evolution does exist in Sun and Moon, it'd be a temporary buff.

So I'd be fine with it if it turns out to be so.

But I still want Ash-Greninja to stay anime-only. It's both a completely different thing and works differently than how I think Synchro Evolution would work.

Ash-Greninja is actually a stage in Pokemon Picross

it's a disgustingly pay-to-play game

Yeah Picross sucks so much. At least Shuffle is improving.

R00d

So much Zard salt.

Solgaleo and Lunaala have those forms on the Website that are "Phase" forms, which makes me think that if Synchro Evolution does exist in Sun and Moon, it'd be a temporary buff.

So I'd be fine with it if it turns out to be so.

But I still want Ash-Greninja to stay anime-only. It's both a completely different thing and works differently than how I think Synchro Evolution would work.

Perhaps it has to do with the moon phases the leak states? It would be awesome if these phases affect stats or something.

Perhaps it has to do with the moon phases the leak states? It would be awesome if these phases affect stats or something.

No, I don't think it's not like that. The forms are the Radiant Sun phase and Full Moon phase. Note it says FULL Moon phase, meaning it only has to do with the Full Moon, and Solgaleo's has nothing to do with the moon. We don't know what triggers it, but it's probably related to a move they learn or an item they can hold. Or they just get access to it through the story like Rayquay and Dragon Ascent.

The thing is in-game it would be functionally very similar to Megas/Primals, which makes it just redundant.Eh, we all try to improve ourselves. That's all it is.inb4DLC

Funny should you say that.

According to some who hacked the game, Darkrai, Empoleon and Scizor will be DLC characters in Pokken.

And sure enough Darkrai eventually appeared as a playable fighter.

So no Greninja in Pokken!

Edited by Water Mage

Funny should you say that.

According to some who hacked the game, Darkrai, Empoleon and Scizor will be DLC characters in Pokken.

And sure enough Darkrai eventually appeared as a playable fighter.

So no Greninja in Pokken!

Whoa!

Still wouldn't be surprised if it makes it in during a later wave

Whoa!

Still wouldn't be surprised if it makes it in during a later wave

I believe there was less data in the game for Scizor and Empoleon, so they may just be a support set rather than full characters. Or they aren't finished yet.

Edited by TrueEm

...I mean, considering Greninja is already extremely good with Protean and its moveset, chances are it will be.

My main gripe is it seems like a mega evolution re-hash, not to mention its association with Ash, who really needs to leave permanently the show sometime soon, to avoid hitting another self-reset button.

Honestly they did a good job for handling Ash in XY. Fight loss are usually because of tactical erros instead of the ussual Pikachu got overpowered by level 5 Snivy on a straight brawl kind of bullshit.

Ash only really need a begginer travel partner to work with as his foil, and thats exactly what Serena and May does. Pikachu being Ash's best pokemon in XY is also a nice bonus

That is until a certain super salt worthy moment in the anime that got so bad, that the voice actor of Ash, and the animator of the episode need to voice their opinion on twitter lol

Edited by JSND

Honestly they did a good job for handling Ash in XY. Fight loss are usually because of tactical erros instead of the ussual Pikachu got overpowered by level 5 Snivy on a straight brawl kind of bullshit.

Ash only really need a begginer travel partner to work with as his foil, and thats exactly what Serena and May does. Pikachu being Ash's best pokemon in XY is also a nice bonus

That is until a certain super salt worthy moment in the anime that got so bad, that the voice actor of Ash, and the animator of the episode need to voice their opinion on twitter lol

Tbh, I don't think he can really be salvaged as a character for me anymore.

There's also the fact I don't like Pikachu, but that's another story...

ash is fine, he serves his purpose

Iris and Cilan are probably the best traveling companions because they helped play up ash's status for laughs

ash is boring when he's serious, but actually interesting when he's incompetent

dawn, max, and brock were annoying. misty and tracey are eh. serena's fanbase is extremely toxic. clemont and bonnie are fine I guess. May, Iris, and Cilan are the only interesting travel companions

I LOVED Cilan! He is so <3. Dawn is my favorite female traveling companion tho. I like that she was fairly competent and knew what she wanted from the start. Her attitude was entertaining too. lol Also, she has a Pachirisu and Buneary, two super cute Pokemon!

May was just "I dunno" at first, as is Serena. I also found May really boring and her contests were not as cool as Dawn's at all. SO glad Dawn beat her in the Wallace Cup. Misty was okay, but annoying sometimes.

I like Iris though, she was kinda cool. And Bonnie is cute!

I wanted to like Serena because for the first half of the Kalos series, she looked a lot like me. :P Then they changed her design to be hideous. >_> But overall, she was just always eh to me.

I actually have liked every male traveling companion, including Tracy. They were all entertaining in their own ways. Brock and Clemont are funny, Cilan is just super entertaining <3 and Tracy was cool and I liked that he drew awesome pictures of Pokemon. And even Max was nice in his own ways. He was smart and mature for his age, but at the same time, still a kid because of how upset he got when his dad lost to Ash.

Edited by Anacybele

ash is boring when he's serious, but actually interesting when he's incompetent

Sure, throw everything that he learned from the past 4 regions, that's funny.

His battle vs Elesa is an example of how this was a bad idea. I didn't see an interesting Ash, I saw a poor attempt to make fun of a main character.

the problem I have with Dawn is that her team is so awful

Piplup, Buneary, Cyndaquil and Pachirisu all fill literally the same niches

Ambipom was spammed until she got arbitrarily given away

Mamoswine and Togekiss were cool though

May at least had Combusken and Munchlax for most of her journey though she loses cool points having three different Starters and Eevee

His battle vs Elesa is an example of how this was a bad idea. I didn't see an interesting Ash, I saw a poor attempt to make fun of a main character.

This.

Imo, Sinnoh and Kalos Ash are the best. Sinnoh Ash came up with cool stuff like the Counter Shield, and Kalos Ash went back to showing how experienced he really is at this point. Kanto does well in showing how inexperienced Ash is at the start, but Sinnoh and Kalos just have more cool points. :P

No, I don't think it's not like that. The forms are the Radiant Sun phase and Full Moon phase. Note it says FULL Moon phase, meaning it only has to do with the Full Moon, and Solgaleo's has nothing to do with the moon. We don't know what triggers it, but it's probably related to a move they learn or an item they can hold. Or they just get access to it through the story like Rayquay and Dragon Ascent.

Hmm, I think it has to do with the phases of the moon and how radiant the sun is. What if Lunaala has a New Moon phase form? And Solgaleo a different one? Or what happens if an eclipse occurs? I would like to see these legendaries get varied forms. The leak says there are different phases though, so who knows.

edit: well, not phases specifically but it mentioned perma sunny day and fog, and maybe these are how the phases work, idk.

Edited by Quintessence

I've already explained why I hate Ash and why he should be retired as the protagonist in another thread.

This is the reason to put it simply. There's only so long a character can be around and able to develop. So what's the solution? Resetting the same character, not you know, a new one based on the male protagonist of the current gen.

Team Rocket suffers similar problems.

...Back on topic.

Hmm, I think it has to do with the phases of the moon and how radiant the sun is. What if Lunaala has a New Moon phase form? And Solgaleo a different one? Or what happens if an eclipse occurs? I would like to see these legendaries get varied forms. The leak says there are different phases though, so who knows.

edit: well, not phases specifically but it mentioned perma sunny day and fog, and maybe these are how the phases work, idk.

Sure, but why show these two perfectly good forms but then have like 3 more each and give no context to any of it until release. Anyways, the Full Moon is typically the representation of it's "Moon Power" in fiction. Look at Moonblast. It's not a crescent moon, it's a FULL MOON. My point is that these forms are showing them at their strongest.

Plus, what would Solgaleo's be? Midday Phase? 3 o'clock Phase? Brunch Phase? Jokes aside, you get my point, right?

Sure, but why show these two perfectly good forms but then have like 3 more each and give no context to any of it until release. Anyways, the Full Moon is typically the representation of it's "Moon Power" in fiction. Look at Moonblast. It's not a crescent moon, it's a FULL MOON. My point is that these forms are showing them at their strongest.

Plus, what would Solgaleo's be? Midday Phase? 3 o'clock Phase? Brunch Phase? Jokes aside, you get my point, right?

sunset phase, HA

Yeah I know your point is right, I just thought it'd be cool if we get different forms and make the legendaries have mlre importance or something. After all, Zygarde got a lot of forms and he was a lame snake in X/Y, so HOPE WILL NEVER DIE

Jk

Edited by Quintessence

sunset phase, HA

Yeah I know your point is right, I just thought it'd be cool if we get different forms and make the legendaries have mlre importance or something. After all, Zygarde got a lot of forms and he was a lame snake in X/Y, so HOPE WILL NEVER DIE

Jk

Eh, I mostly just don't see a benefit in them having more than 1 "Phase"

So it'll actually be more in line with what the word phrase means.

I assume you mean Phase, not Phrase.

Well, ok, I meant one phase besides their normal phase.

The way I see it, they'd have a temporary transformation once per battle via a command on the touch screen, or it could possibly be linked to a move they learn/item they can hold.

Or maybe it's a Hidden Ability/Other Ability that they can have?

Either way, it'd be a temporary buff from what I tell by the word "Phase".

Here is the definition of Phase: A distinct period or stage in a process of change or forming part of something's development.

Here's another one: Carry out (something) in gradual stages.

And finally: Each of the aspects of the moon or a planet, according to the amount of its illumination, especially the new moon, the first quarter, the full moon, and the last quarter.

Ok, maybe the idea of it being multiple phases has some ground to stand on now, but I really don't get how it would work for Solgaleo or in Gameplay in general. Would specific stats raise during specific Phases?

I assume you mean Phase, not Phrase.

Well, ok, I meant one phase besides their normal phase.

The way I see it, they'd have a temporary transformation once per battle via a command on the touch screen, or it could possibly be linked to a move they learn/item they can hold.

Or maybe it's a Hidden Ability/Other Ability that they can have?

Either way, it'd be a temporary buff from what I tell by the word "Phase".

Here is the definition of Phase: A distinct period or stage in a process of change or forming part of something's development.

Here's another one: Carry out (something) in gradual stages.

And finally: Each of the aspects of the moon or a planet, according to the amount of its illumination, especially the new moon, the first quarter, the full moon, and the last quarter.

Ok, maybe the idea of it being multiple phases has some ground to stand on now, but I really don't get how it would work for Solgaleo or in Gameplay in general. Would specific stats raise during specific Phases?

Yeah I did, I'm a bit of an idiot with similar words sometimes.

Though that raises a question, what's it called in Japanese, and does this name have a different meaning than the chosen English name "Phase"?

It's just that it's bad feeling when a lot of people dislike your favorite Pokemon just because it's popular.

Makes me feel guilty for liking it, when I know I shouldn't feel guilty.

I don't hate Greninja, I just don't want anything like Ash-Greninja in the games.

For me, at least, it's more the concept of this one Greninja getting some super special snowflake power that just comes out of nowhere in the anime. I wouldn't be happy with it if it were "canonized" by being in the games.

Edited by Sunwoo