Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

I am really worried about these Alola forms being Gen I only thus far.

It's just overpandering those Pokémon. Again.

Eh, to be fair out of all the Pokemon, they're the ones that need something new. Besides, they're not giving it to only the popular ones, and it IS the 30th Anniversary

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mostly agree with that. Pandering to gen 1 isn't all that bad in my opinion and many of the Alolan forms come from Pokemon that could use a little extra attention. Still i'm a bit annoyed to see that so far its 100% gen 1 even though there are plenty of trash pokemon in gen 2 that could use a little bit of love.

Edited by Sasori

Eh, to be fair out of all the Pokemon, they're the ones that need something new. Besides, they're not giving it to only the popular ones, and it IS the 30th Anniversary

I just feel that lately, Gen I has been getting disproportionate amounts of attention, between XY, Go, and now this.

You can pander Gen 1 while being inclusive of fans of later gens.

I just feel that lately, Gen I has been getting disproportionate amounts of attention, between XY, Go, and now this.

You can pander Gen 1 while being inclusive of fans of later gens.

To be fair to GO, the reason why there are only Gen 1 Pokemon in the game is because they didn't want to overwhelm people with 700+ Pokemon from the start and they are also planning to keep people interested in the App by releasing Pokemon from other Gens as time passes.

What were you expecting? Is wasn't a Pokemon Direct, it was a 3DS Direct. Besides, getting the Hyrule Warriors Legends DLC finally confirmed is good enough for me.

Unless you were being sarcastic.

As I said in the Direct thread, I wasn't expecting much, but my major interest was Sun/Moon and the news were underwhelming. The rest of the games were fine but they don't meet my interests.

So, let me get this out of the way: I hate Ratatta in general.

So, from that, I hate Alolan Ratatta. But, I'm probably still going to get one.

I do agree that Gen 2 needs love. Off the top of my head, the only two 'mons from that generation I even deal with is Umbreon and Espeon. I'm keeping the hope that they have Alolan forms but they are to be discovered once the game launches. Then again, I wouldn't blame them for having forms for only a select few, though.

Snorlax's Z-move is the best thing that has ever existed.

I wasn't really worried at first, but I am starting to get on the worried side...

I was disappointed to see only a Rattata for the Pokemon part of the Direct, but if we're getting more info on the 6th, that's nice. And it looks like it'll come out just as I get out of work (I get off at 11 and I live in the US eastern time zone). :)

I had decided to be sneaky and watch the Direct on my phone while working, btw. :P

I don't know what to say regarding Alola forms. I don't know if they bring a new distribution of stats, or what. To me it seems logical to start changes with Gen I, in that sense I won't consider it over loving Gen I. IF they are keeping Alola forms to only Gen I pokemon, then it would be fair and logical to apply it in different ways to the other gens. I'm not expecting to see Alolan Gen II or III, etc., because that'd require making tons of redesigns. I expect that at least the other gens get the same or a similar treatment.

But tbh I think the idea of alola forms is a mess because it makes haters hate more Gen I.

It honestly depends on if they've given Alolan forms different stats, really. Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash has booty typing. Ice is like one of the worst typings in the game. Ice/Steel. Seriously? I'm going to get one because it's new and looks cool, but I doubt I would be using it to battle any time soon. The same with Alolan Ninetales. That fairy-typing slightly helps but not completely.

I mean, to be honest, they were never that great in general though.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

It honestly depends on if they've given Alolan forms different stats, really. Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash has booty typing. Ice is like one of the worst typings in the game. Ice/Steel. Seriously? I'm going to get one because it's new and looks cool, but I doubt I would be using it to battle any time soon. The same with Alolan Ninetales. That fairy-typing slightly helps but not completely.

I mean, to be honest, they were never that great in general though.

To be fair to Alola Ninetales, Ice/Fairy is a great offensive type, with super-effective stab on Ground, Fighting, Flying, Dark, Grass and Dragon.

If it's fast, it can be a great sweeper.

I still hate that Alolan forms are only being given to gen 1 Pokemon. It's not fair to the other generations. There are tons more Pokemon out there now than just the original 151. Why is GameFreak ignoring everything else? I'm really really tired of the gen 1 worshipping.

I still hate that Alolan forms are only being given to gen 1 Pokemon. It's not fair to the other generations. There are tons more Pokemon out there now than just the original 151. Why is GameFreak ignoring everything else? I'm really really tired of the gen 1 worshipping.

GameFreak: Hey! You. Yes, you, you play Pokémon Go, right? Well soon, we will introuduce the next generation of pokémon and guess what? There's also a few (or maybe all later) pokémon from gen 1 in this generation with new forms! You will buy it, won't you?

I mean, I know everything is for money but try to not make so obvious...

Ice typing is actually fine. That offensive coverage is really strong, although Physically they do need some buff

The real problem is Gamefreak had this bright idea of making all 90% of them with hilarious stats and hilarious movepool

I mean seriously

Glaceon had 65 Speed. 65. You know, i know a pokemon who have simmilarly stats, a movepool that can back that up(at least atm), and a typing that is widely accepted as good and it still sucks because SIXTY-FIVE-SPEED-OP

250px-136Flareon.png

Yes i'm aware that Sylveon exist as a vacuum comparison but lets be real here, Fairy isn't designed to be offensive to begin with, and Sylveon literally enters OU because it have extremely overpowered ability

Glaceon didn't have such overpowered ability

The only typing who could make that kind of stats spread works is like Water, but Water is extremely broken dev team favorite typing

Edited by JSND

Unlike ordinary Rattata, my Alola Rattata is the top percentage of all Rattata. Alolan or not! My Alola Rattata is THE Top Percent!!

Do you know what I'm sayin'?!

I don't see the problem with Alola Rattata. Sure, it's 4x weak to fighting, but Rattata and Raticate weren't living fighting moves anyway. It gives it extra STAB options(Rattata learns Bite, Sucker Punch, and Crunch exceedingly early into the game considering how strong they are, and now backed by STAB and a hustle boost(which is even optional if you don't like the acc drop) I expect it to tear through earlygame. It's not going to be a strong competitive choice unless Alola Raticate gets crazy buffs, but regular Raticate was never more than a guts glass cannon that didn't work outside of NU anyway.

Wait, who are you talking about here? Because I'm pretty sure none of the Eeveelutions are OU in gen 6.

I was meaning to say Sylveon there. That post had tons of mistyping really

There was a time Sylveon is on OU because of Pix!Hyper Voice

I was meaning to say Sylveon there. That post had tons of mistyping really

There was a time Sylveon is on OU because of Pix!Hyper Voice

It fell out? Well, color me surprised. I could've sword it was still in OU.

Edited by TrueEm