Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

It fell out? Well, color me surprised. I could've sword it was still in OU.

As a Calm Mind, it doesn't have Thunder Wave, which is a crime because Thunder Wave is the best move in the game. Also stuff like having Wish as recovery option forces more moveslot etc

As a Wall Breaker people prefer Mega Gardevoir. Mega Gard is a Mega yes, but if you want a wall breaking Fairy to begin with, you use Mega Gard. It needs HP Fire/Ground to get past some threats

Also Steel type kinda dominates this gen. Mega Altaria actually isn't OU anymore and from what i heard its caused by Mega Scizor being considered the best Mega right now

Edited by JSND

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's also worth noting that Sylveon suffer from the same problem as all Eeveevolutions, which is a small movepool.

Sylveon is a great Pokemon, but it's predictable, which is probably another reason it fell from OU to UU.

Alolan Rattata confirms my thought that regional forms should have been added in Gen 5. (The Castelia City Ratatta should also be Alolan Rattata.)

The gift Munchlax have Happy Hour. Now we know why this one will be sleeping (Hint : BEvERage).

Munchlax is the hardest Pokemon to find in DPPt. And we're getting a special Z-Move for it's line.

Gen 4 Remakes confirmed?

Edited by TrueEm

Munchlax is the hardest Pokemon to find in DPPt. And we're getting a special Z-Move for it's line.

Wat. It can't be harder to get in those games than freakin' Feebas or female Combee.

And of course we're getting gen 4 remakes. We already got remakes for gens 1-3, so why stop now? xP

Edited by Anacybele

Wat. It can't be harder to get in those games than freakin' Feebas or female Combee.

And of course we're getting gen 4 remakes. We already got remakes for gens 1-3, so why stop now? xP

Female Combee can be obtained more easily with a Male (obtained the basically same way as Munchlax but more likely) and Ditto.

Munchlax has a 1% honey tree encounter on very specific trees (which are determined by a visible value (trainer id) and a hidden one(secret id)), and can be wasted if you don't check in time. In addition, what you get is determined the moment you slather, so save scumming is out.

Feebas... is annoying, though. but at least it's less time consuming since if you find the proper squares you have a 50% of getting Feebas.

Ahem.

Munchlax appears on 4 randomly selected Honey Trees in all of Sinnoh. Even then, it has a 1% chance of appearing. So, overall, you have a 0.0525% chance of finding a Munchlax if you don't know what trees they spawn on. Shiny odds are 0.0122%.

Feebas is actually really easy, and Female Combee is about 2.5%

EDIT: Yes I know it's based on Trainer ID and Secret ID, but since you can't find out Secret ID without going into the code, it's pretty much just random.

So yes, finding a Munchlax/Snorlax was a pain in the ass before HGSS came out.

Female Combee can be obtained more easily with a Male (obtained the basically same way as Munchlax but more likely) and Ditto.

Correct. I couldn't remember if it could breed.

Edited by TrueEm

OK. I'm surprised so few people know about that, but, starting Gen III, if your front Pokémon have Cute Charm, the chance of encountering an Opposite gender Pokémon is 66.7%.

Unless there is some specific rules that makes it not works with Honey Tree, Female Combee isn't really harder to find that male Combee.

Even so, getting Female Combee is still very easy.

Just save before you check a tree.

If the tree has a Combee, just save and reset until you get one. It makes getting a Female Combee very easy as Combee is rather common Pokemon on Honey Trees.

The save and reset strategy won't work with Muchlax, sadly.

here's hoping that gen iv remakes will allow honey trees to be instantaneously used instead of having to wait an arbitrary amount of time

And remove the chance of nothing.

(Personally I'd prefer the time be shortened from 6 hours to five minutes or something. And remove the "if you don't check in 24 hours it leaves.")

lolwut? Feebas is NOT easy to get. It only appears on four randomly selected tiles in that one lake in Mt. Coronet and even then it has a tiny chance of appearing as well, so the chances of finding one without knowing which tiles to go to is very very low.

Munchlax sounds just about as hard to get, not really harder.

Female Combee though, I'll give you that one, it is a bit easier, now that I think about it.

And yeah, there's also breeding, duh. Munchlax itself can't breed, but if you bring a Snorlax into the game and give it a Full Incense, the egg will hatch into a Munchlax.

Edited by Anacybele

Of course, this is all before Wonder Trade and GTS, correct? I swear, when I actually figured out what Wonder Trade was, it was like I hit the jackpot.

But, yeah, Feebas was still the most annoying in my opinion in Gen III. Along with how it had to be evolved. I'm so glad they introduced that evolution item in X/Y. But, I think it's back to being dependent on its beauty rating; I haven't bothered breeding another one just yet so I'm not sure.

Actually, Feebas is really common on the tile it appears.

And Feebas really is a matter patience instead of luck, like Munchlax and Combee.

Also, Feebas is much is easier to find in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum because it's just a single lake. It was much harder to find in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

Of course, this is all before Wonder Trade and GTS, correct? I swear, when I actually figured out what Wonder Trade was, it was like I hit the jackpot.

But, yeah, Feebas was still the most annoying in my opinion in Gen III. Along with how it had to be evolved. I'm so glad they introduced that evolution item in X/Y. But, I think it's back to being dependent on its beauty rating; I haven't bothered breeding another one just yet so I'm not sure.

The item was introduced in Black/White since contest stats could not be raised in Gen V.

lolwut? Feebas is NOT easy to get. It only appears on four randomly selected tiles in that one lake in Mt. Coronet and even then it has a tiny chance of appearing as well, so the chances of finding one without knowing which tiles to go to is very very low.

Munchlax sounds just about as hard to get, not really harder.

Female Combee though, I'll give you that one, it is a bit easier, now that I think about it.

And yeah, there's also breeding, duh. Munchlax itself can't breed, but if you bring a Snorlax into the game and give it a Full Incense, the egg will hatch into a Munchlax.

Feebas has a 50% chance of appearing on those tiles and the encounters are instant. Munchlax requires six hours of waiting to see if you hit the 1% chance of getting the Munchlax assuming the right tree.

And I'm assuming lack of Snorlax transfer.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Well, I'm factoring in a Snorlax transfer, and if memory serves, Feebas is ALSO hard to get in the original gen 3 games. So transferring it or a Milotic from there isn't as easy as transferring a Snorlax you woke up and caught in FR or LG. It's freakin mandatory to encounter the Snorlax so you can move it out of the way.

But, I will admit now, I didn't quite consider EVERYTHING and it does seem that without the Snorlax transfer, Munchlax is a little harder to get. I guess Feebas is more common on its four tiles than I remembered. Or maybe I just wasn't lucky when I went back to a tile I found Feebas on (out of HUGE luck, it was the fourth cast I made into the whole lake) to catch more for trades.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, I'm factoring in a Snorlax transfer, and if memory serves, Feebas is ALSO hard to get in the original gen 3 games. So transferring it or a Milotic from there isn't as easy as transferring a Snorlax you woke up and caught in FR or LG. It's freakin mandatory to encounter the Snorlax so you can move it out of the way.

But, I will admit now, I didn't quite consider EVERYTHING and it does seem that without the Snorlax transfer, Munchlax is a little harder to get. I guess Feebas is more common on its four tiles than I remembered. Or maybe I just wasn't lucky when I went back to a tile I found Feebas on (out of HUGE luck, it was the fourth cast I made into the whole lake) to catch more for trades.

Main reasons I'm not factoring are the fact the transfers can only be done on the original and Lite models of the DS, and not everyone has a copy of FR/LG. I certainly didn't when I first played DP.

Also, no one denied Feebas's bullshit (because it is bullshit before Gen V), just noted how much worse Munchlax is in comparison for only DPPt.

The item was introduced in Black/White since contest stats could not be raised in Gen V.

Oh, okay. I tend to forget Gen 5 sometimes.

I do like that they changed the 6 random tiles on Route 119 to under the last bridge on Route 119. Also, the Prism Scale didn't go away, but it's there if you lack the patience to give it Blue Pokeblocks.

Oh thank the heavens! I can't be assed to do that Pokeblocks junk.

"It's a castle, isn't it?" (it's sand castle)

I haven't seen the Pokemon.

I've mostly been skimming the thread only looking at the Alola forms.

I haven't watched any trailers.

Just seen screenshots of Shadow the Edgerat.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I haven't seen the Pokemon.

I've mostly been skimming the thread only looking at the Alola forms.

I haven't watched any trailers.

Just seen screenshots of Shadow the Edgerat.

Shirodesuna looks like a moderately-elaborate sandcastle with a shovel on top.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/c/c9/Palossand.png