Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

I haven't seen the Pokemon.

I've mostly been skimming the thread only looking at the Alola forms.

I haven't watched any trailers.

Just seen screenshots of Shadow the Edgerat.

If you're curious:

aad.jpg

32b.jpg

However, it's bio shows that it's a very creepy guy. It's actually kind of disturbing.

Edited by Water Mage

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even so, getting Female Combee is still very easy.

Just save before you check a tree.

If the tree has a Combee, just save and reset until you get one. It makes getting a Female Combee very easy as Combee is rather common Pokemon on Honey Trees.

The save and reset strategy won't work with Muchlax, sadly.

See I have other things to do aside from save scumming :/.

I don't like wasting my time with poor design choices.

See I have other things to do aside from save scumming :/.

I don't like wasting my time with poor design choices.

Wait, you rather waste your time waiting for a Pokemon to appear in the Honey Tree every 6 hours until you get it right than save scumming? Edited by Water Mage

So, on another topic, I've been seeing theories floating around that Sun and Moon will be the last Pokemon games. I'm like...wtf? Where did this come from? I haven't seen any evidence pointing to such a thing.

And it would be ridiculous anyway, right? Pokemon is one of the most popular things in the world. Why would it just end when it's so profitable for GameFreak and Nintendo? It's surely not going to end right now, so why do some people think it will?

So, on another topic, I've been seeing theories floating around that Sun and Moon will be the last Pokemon games. I'm like...wtf? Where did this come from? I haven't seen any evidence pointing to such a thing.

And it would be ridiculous anyway, right? Pokemon is one of the most popular things in the world. Why would it just end when it's so profitable for GameFreak and Nintendo? It's surely not going to end right now, so why do some people think it will?

I highly doubt it for the reasons you stated. Nintendo and Game Freak wouldn't throw away a money printer like Pokémon.

That would be completely random. Not sure why anyone would have such an idea...

I had actually quite the opposite feeling, myself.

I mean, we need to see Yungoos' birthplace now.

My guts feeling is that if they ever stop the franchise, it would be after introducing the 1000th Pokémon in gen 10.

Those theories are actually very well researched and pretty good. It's not about the end of the series, just the end of the current universes. It'd either be a soft reboot like BW tried, or possibly a hard reboot, introducing new gameplay, etc. They can only make so many Pokemon.

Here are some very good videos on the subject. It's really in depth. It's not claiming to be true, it's just a theory. A highly possible theory in many areas, but a theory none the less.

[spoiler=3 Videos that are like 40 minutes long]

[spoiler=Haven't watched this one yet personally.]

Edited by TrueEm

Why do YOUTUBERS WRITE like this ALL THE TIME?! Is it because they hope that SOMEHOW we would be TRICKED into clicking on a video we otherwise WOULDN'T?! That normally just causes me to STAY AWAY from them?!

You mean clickbaiting? Yeah, but the videos themselves are well researched and interesting at the very least.

Obviously not every clickbait video is good, but these semi-clickbait videos are.

Edited by TrueEm

Why do YOUTUBERS WRITE like this ALL THE TIME?! Is it because they hope that SOMEHOW we would be TRICKED into clicking on a video we otherwise WOULDN'T?! That normally just causes me to STAY AWAY from them?!

ROBOTNIK EATS HIS OWN VAGINA

I'm really worried about Z-moves or whatever they're called. If they can only be used against CPU, they'll make what was already an easy game (with Exp Share in the last generation) even easier. Snorlax did NOT need that overkill move to utterly annihilate that Gumshoos.

ROBOTNIK EATS HIS OWN VAGINA

I'm really worried about Z-moves or whatever they're called. If they can only be used against CPU, they'll make what was already an easy game (with Exp Share in the last generation) even easier. Snorlax did NOT need that overkill move to utterly annihilate that Gumshoos.

That sounds far less broken than Mega - Evolution, since You utterly anihilate only one Pokémon by match.

That sounds far less broken than Mega - Evolution, since You utterly anihilate only one Pokémon by match.

It's more broken because apparently every Pokemon can access this limit break based on typing alone. Greater accessibility means you can barely avoid abusing it.

Nobody said mega evolutions were going away or becoming less prominent, either.

Nobody said mega evolutions were going away or becoming less prominent, either.

That's why I have to hope and pray every day Megas die in a fire.

Anyways, Damage does scale by level, and you'll probably start with just the Normal Z-Crystal, or just picked Starter type-Crystal. And we don't know how early you receive it, what NPCs can use it, etc etc. Basically, it's just way to early to speculate on whether it's broken or not. We don't even know how strong they actually are.

It actually shifts up the competitive a bit, as suddenly, for example, Emboar becomes a possible massive threat to both Pokemon weak to Fire and Fighting, but also Water, Rock, etc. It's not as broken as Megas, since it's single target and once per battle, but still a threat.

The other thing is, you're giving up an item for a one-time use move. That item could allow you to sweep, heal, etc, while the Z-Crystal can possibly kill something. Plus, predicting is a thing, assuming Z-Moves get run on some 'Mons more commonly than other ones.

I actually think it'll be pretty uncommon to run them, but only time will tell...

Now, I wonder... does Water Absorb and other such abilities cancel Z-Moves?

EDIT: Outspeeding is a factor. You could die before even getting the move off.

Edited by TrueEm

You mean clickbaiting? Yeah, but the videos themselves are well researched and interesting at the very least.

Obviously not every clickbait video is good, but these semi-clickbait videos are.

People just think so because they tend to believe what they're told. Next time you watch one of those videos, try researching the matter yourself and see how much of it they just make up, and how many important facts they ignore because they're inconvenient.

Wait, you rather waste your time waiting for a Pokemon to appear in the Honey Tree every 6 hours until you get it right than save scumming?

I guess it is silly thinking about what I said whoops, lol.

I just multitask alot in pokemon to the point it didn't bug me as much.

Yeah, I'm like that too, Jedi. Where people complain about waiting times in certain games, I'm fine with them because I can just go do other things in the meantime and it makes it go by faster. There have been exceptions to this for me, but usually this is the case.

It's more broken because apparently every Pokemon can access this limit break based on typing alone. Greater accessibility means you can barely avoid abusing it.

Unless Game Freak goes out of their way to force people to use it, then I'm sure I'll have no trouble not using it. Honestly, it's not even a matter of self restraint.

Edited by Shuuda

People just think so because they tend to believe what they're told. Next time you watch one of those videos, try researching the matter yourself and see how much of it they just make up, and how many important facts they ignore because they're inconvenient.

Anyways, just a question, did you actually watch them yourself, or are you assuming based on other videos of similar natures? And did you yourself do research about the subject and make a claim for yourself? You need more than theorizing to prove it's all a sham.

For starters, I think we need to put one thing straight. I don't 100% believe the theory or anything. There are a few weak links, and the Team Skull theory was pretty weak imo, although not implausible.

He's said himself he either messed up a few things or missed some things, but everything is well researched overall. And when you're making 2 or more 40 minute videos with a massive amount of research, it's gonna have a problem or two. No one is perfect.

50% of theorizing is assuming things and having thoughts on the subject after all.

If the base of his theory falls, the whole thing falls. But the base is extremely strong at this point.

I could probably do research myself and find out the same things. In fact, I'll probably look a bit into it once it get back to my good computer.

Either way, it's just a theory in the end.

It's been said before not everything is extremely likely. But the alchemy references, whether they go that deep or not, are pretty obvious and probably true at this point. I wouldn't say it's impossible to be false, just very unlikely.

Anyways, just a question, did you actually watch them yourself, or are you assuming based on other videos of similar natures? And did you yourself do research about the subject and make a claim for yourself? You need more than theorizing to prove it's all a sham.

For starters, I think we need to put one thing straight. I don't 100% believe the theory or anything. There are a few weak links, and the Team Skull theory was pretty weak imo, although not implausible.

He's said himself he either messed up a few things or missed some things, but everything is well researched overall. And when you're making 2 or more 40 minute videos with a massive amount of research, it's gonna have a problem or two. No one is perfect.

50% of theorizing is assuming things and having thoughts on the subject after all.

If the base of his theory falls, the whole thing falls. But the base is extremely strong at this point.

I could probably do research myself and find out the same things. In fact, I'll probably look a bit into it once it get back to my good computer.

Either way, it's just a theory in the end.

It's been said before not everything is extremely likely. But the alchemy references, whether they go that deep or not, are pretty obvious and probably true at this point. I wouldn't say it's impossible to be false, just very unlikely.

I'd say that it's a wasted effort; people willing to make such sweeping statements aren't going to want to reason and just want to be party poopers.

Don't say it's "just a theory". I hate when people do that.

It's not a theory, it's a hypothesis, and I can't respect the research of people who don't even know that much

Don't say it's "just a theory". I hate when people do that.

It's not a theory, it's a hypothesis, and I can't respect the research of people who don't even know that much

Er, not really. A hypothesis is a starting point before any real research is done.

It could be considered a theory, as it's attempting to give an explanation to something that happens, which is what it is in essence.

In all actuality, it's kinda in a middle ground between the two. It's a hypothesis that doesn't have enough info yet to become a full theory.

When I say, "It's just a theory", I mean more like, "It's just an idea, not confirmed". It could be disproven at any time really.

I will agree that it's not a good phrase, and I already should've known that in all honesty.

I'd say that it's a wasted effort; people willing to make such sweeping statements aren't going to want to reason and just want to be party poopers.

Could you expand on what you mean by this exactly? From what I can tell, you're just assuming that the videos are completely made up.

Edited by TrueEm