Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

You mean 10AM eastern time... :/

Right at my break that day. Well, it's better than not having a chance to see it at all. And really, Pokemon is all I'm interested in for 3DS-only stuff.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean 10AM eastern time... :/

Right at my break that day. Well, it's better than not having a chance to see it at all. And really, Pokemon is all I'm interested in for 3DS-only stuff.

...I'm deserving of a Bidoof avatar.

Wait, I take my break at 9, not 10. I don't know why I keep thinking it's 10, probably something to do with having used to start at 8AM rather than 7. Which means I actually will be working. Well dang. :(

I could see it later, but I like to see them live and get all the surprises at the same time as everyone else...

*converts timezones*

Oh, it airs at midnight for my timezone. Ech, I'll watch it when I wake up. I wonder what SuMo news we'll see. New Pokemon would be the obvious thing, but we could always get some more information about Island Trials or Z-Moves, etc.

*converts timezones*

Oh, it airs at midnight for my timezone. Ech, I'll watch it when I wake up. I wonder what SuMo news we'll see. New Pokemon would be the obvious thing, but we could always get some more information about Island Trials or Z-Moves, etc.

I'd personally like to see something about Mega Evolution. I'd be pretty upset if they removed it.

I'd personally like to see something about Mega Evolution. I'd be pretty upset if they removed it.

I can't say I agree with you in the slightest.

I could probably write a few paragraphs on why I hate Mega Evolution and why Z-Moves and the concept of Synchro Evolution is muuuuch better.

How about I just sum it up in 3 words.

Fanservice and meta-game.

Does the hyphen make it one word? I dunno...

Edited by TrueEm

If it does go away, it's not like it's the first time something's been removed.

Google stop displaying Pokemon GO news, no one CARESSS!

Let's see... Pokewalker got removed, walking with Pokemon got removed, the Battle Frontier hasn't come back, etc etc etc. Theres a lot of things that change from Gen to Gen.

Mega Evolution going away isn't actually as major as people make it seem anyways. It's not like they're removing a type or move, just a form that doesn't directly affect any Gen outside of 6th.

Edited by TrueEm

Count me as another that hopes Mega Evolution stays.

I believe the reason they haven't revealed it yet is because it's probably locked on post-game this time around (which I wouldn't mind in the end).

I doubt Mega Evolution is going away. They hyped up Mega Evolution when XY were coming out, and they had throughout ORAS, and it would be really strange to just toss them out for the new gen. Besides, outside of the Battle Arena and Battle Palace in Emerald, when have they ever removed a major battle mechanic? There's even a little circle on the underside of the Z-Ring, which would be a good fit for the mega stone. It's probably post game to let Z-Moves have their chance to shine.

Edited by Konnor97

I doubt Mega Evolution is going away. They hyped up Mega Evolution when XY were coming out, and they had throughout ORAS, and it would be really strange to just toss them out for the new gen. Besides, outside of the Battle Arena and Battle Palace in Emerald, when have they ever removed a major battle mechanic? There's even a little circle on the underside of the Z-Ring, which would be a good fit for the mega stone. It's probably post game to let Z-Moves have their chance to shine.

Can you show a picture of that?

Also what kind of bracelet had something on both sides?

Edited by TrueEm

It doesn't look like a hole, just a design on the other side. There's absolutely no shading.

Anyways, if we have Synchro Evolution, Mega Evolution is completely gone. No reason to have both.

[spoiler=Mega Evolution rant]

One of the many reason I dislike Mega Evos. is that it's only for select Pokemon. And along with that, only a few actually benefit from it without being broken. Venusaur, Charizard Y, and Blastoise are my examples of good Megas. Camerupt, Charizard X, Salamence, Metagross, T-Tar, Garchomp, Lucario, Kangaskhan, Mewtwo XY and Rayquay are my examples of bad Megas, whether it's because they're broken, don't need it, or it makes them worse in Camerupt's case. Yes, I have this problem with the Primals too, as they didn't need a new form.

In some cases, they literally exist just for fanservice. Mega Ray, Mewtwo, Char X, Metagross, Salamence, Garchomp, and T-Tar; They literally have no reason to exist besides fanservice. All of the Pokemon (Save Charizard, but he had Y) didn't need a Mega and were already extremely competent on their own. Mega Salamence literally broke VGC last year, and Mega Rayquay did this year. Kangaskhan broke the first 2 years of VGC for Gen 6, and is still very potent.

Some are still really underpowered. Look at Mega Audino, Ampharos, Houndoom, Aggron, Absol, Abomasnow, Beedrill, Pidgeot, Steelix, and Glalie. They're nowhere near as powerful or used as the others.

Then look at Mega Camerupt. You get the amazing Sheer Force, 100/105 in your Defensive stats, 145 Special Attack and- oh wait. HIS SPEED IS 20. He literally get's destroyed by any Water move, which is one of if not the most common type in competitive. They made him a JOKE outside of Trick Room teams, where he does dominate, but any good prediction can mean his end on turn 1. He doesn't even have a way to deal with Water types. No easy Solar Beam setup unless you make a whole team around it, no Electric moves, and it keeps going. Literally any Water type not weak to Ground can easily switch in and one-shot him.

I'm done for now I suppose...

Edited by TrueEm

The only reason why I doubt Mega Evolutions will be removed is simply because it's around 2/3 of the Pokémons revealed last time.

It seems a little weird to throw all of them away like that.

Then there's the Legendary's special form, which seems to be the equivalent to Mega/Primal Form.

We also get Wishiwashi and Zygarde Complete that seems incredibly powerfull for a short period of time.

...I just thought about that, but what about, instead of suppressing them, changing the way thy works. Adding some special rules that makes them far less potent. Like, limitting the transformation for a set of turns, or if you have less Pokémon that your adversary. I think it would be the smartest move, honnestly.

Tbh the reason I don't see Mega Evolution going anywhere is the fact it would throw out quite a lot of designs from Gen 6 out.

It would be a waste imo.

And just because there were balance problems before doesn't mean it can't be fixed.

My main issue with the possibility of removing Mega Evolution is that, they'd essentially be removing Pokemon. Now, I will concede that they are simply forms, but even so; saying that they only effect gen 6 would be like taking out Ghiratina's Origin Forme, Kyurem-White and Kyurem-Black, amongst other forms introduced in the same generation as their debut.

Wrong, Dai, the only pokémon that will actually be affected by this change are Kangaskhan and Mawile because their mega is what made them viable (and broken). I'll say it and say it again, pokémon without evolutions are most likely to be crap, we had many examples of this already. If GF would actually fix their numbers, their movepool, their abilities and give them a permanant evolution, everything would be nice but no, let's forget them into the dust or give them a ''quick bandage solution''.

The rest of them will be okay, since they can all actually battle, not as good as some, but still.

Edited by Nym

The thing is, if we are correct about Synchro Evolution, then they could work the Mega designs into that. That's part of my argument on why they might remove Megas, along with what Nym said as well.

Mega Evolution isn't going anywhere. At least, I highly doubt it. It's been around for, what, one or two games?

I don't want to say I would be upset if it was gone, but I would most definitely gnash my teeth in irritation when I've wasted away days of my life trading and breeding to obtain my annoying Sableye, my physical Charizard and my fatass Audino and they are rendered near useless because they are missing a very important element to their functioning.

That said, if it does leave... I mean, what am I going to do about it? I'll just have to start from scratch with breeding.

Edited by SaiSymbolic