Fates Character Opinions Survey Tier List; Revelations Survey Up

Jedi

Takumi is at his best when the army is having trouble dealing damage. I found issues with doubling to be prevalent during the earlygame and lategame. When everyone is reliably onerounding, Takumi is kind of garbage.

I agree completely with this, although I wouldn't say he's garbage during the midgame, just not quite as useful. While I played the late game chapters rather slowly, not efficiently at all, he does make for an excellent Attack Stance bot, especially if he goes Sniper for the crit boost. With the exception of Berserkers and Sorcerers, late game enemies on Birthright are very tanky and difficult for most units to naturally ORKO, and his high dual attack damage allows for more combinations that lead to kills. Plus, having a second unit (besides Ryoma) that can kill basically anything no questions asked is convenient.

Is he S-tier material? Probably not, but I think he compares favorably to FE10 Shinon, who I remember was tiered pretty highly. Fujin Yumi > Silencer, and Fates is kinder to Snipers than RD was, in my opinion.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still not sure why the 4 move thwomp that falls off almost immediately is in A on conquest.

I mean aside from turtle turtle.

Considering the absurd amounts of maps with alternative wincons (Chapter 10 Defend, for instance) and the even more absurd ease it comes to having pair-up shuffling for unit placement, on a unit that boasts incredible offensive capabilities immediately, one of the best personal skills in the game and genuinely solid growths

She's super high. It's really easy to get units around. Like, crazy easy.

Turn 1:

Select Effie!Steel Lance->Pair Up with [unit] (Silas, for instance)

Rush Silas forward

Drop Effie in front/behind/whatever

Enjoy your excellent EP dual attacks

Turn 2:

Repeat for efficient placement

She catches up very easily in Speed, and pretty soon doesn't get doubled with Irons, and a forged Iron Lance to +1 lets her go for miles.

Edited by Elieson

I am so sorry silias, you did nothing to deserve this abuse.

Real talk silias with vow active and any half decent pairup is completely invulnerable in the early/mid game (lunatic ch10/17 included) with high move and the ability to actually orko anythign he damn well wants to without heavy investment, and he makes a kid who is arguably better than friggin xander on her raw stats alone.

Effie has a personal skill that is conditionally 1 point better than the level 1 cav skill and is a 4 move thwomp.

She's useful early but she falls off a damn cliff if you're not turtling through the damn game on normal/hard and has no utility whatsoever.

Edited by joshcja

I'm noticing an incredibly-strong correlation between people who say Mozu is bad, and people who (by their own admission) haven't used Mozu.

I made Mozu a Dark Falcon and gave her both Dragon Herbs (the stat boosting item that gives +1 to all stats).

She's awful and I regret everything.

I made Mozu a Dark Falcon and gave her both Dragon Herbs (the stat boosting item that gives +1 to all stats).

She's awful and I regret everything.

Anybody without a magic stat would be pretty terrible as a Dark Flier.

Its a good thing kana isn't completely free with nobility for better exp distribution, levin for 1-2 range and draconic hex to give some benefit to the ranged gangbang that happens on him or I might agree that keaton has a use.

By tanked enemies on hard in xanders chapter I assume you mean the unpromoted mook axe users on the southwest stairs or lolwalling the swarm on the east stair cause those are both jobs that can be soloed by almost any solid long term unit.

No I mean the Adventurer, swordies on the right side. Also Kana has absolutely no bulk and gets killed, the levin swords -20 avo isn't doing her favors either.

Edited by Jedi

Anybody without a magic stat would be pretty terrible as a Dark Flier.

That's the thing, though. Thanks to Dark Falcon's higher Speed base and growth, and the fact that Resistance is typically lower than Defense, I noticed she dealt more damage by doubling with a Fire tome than by not doubling with a Brass Bow or whatever.

To be fair, Dread Fighter probably would have been the superior option in the long run (didn't bother checking her growths beforehand so I didn't know her personal Magic growth was so low), but I wanted an early flier (I didn't realize Camilla and Beruka joined so early). I don't think it exactly salvages her, though, and basically anyone is decent as a Dread Fighter.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

Is there really anyone who has dibs over Mozu on the first heart seal? Mozu is definitely the worst if she doesn't go archer immediately.

IMO, Corrin and Jakob (GK/Pal) are the only real contenders. But honestly, Corrin is fine as a Prince(ss) for at least until they get their level 5 promoted skill, and unless you're getting Dwyre before 12, Jakob will be your only healer for that map.

Corrin as Nohr prince(ss) is really meh when they can go to Cavalier or Ninja immediately after getting Dragon Fang. Jakob also doesn't really have a reason to stick around as a Butler since he gets to be really ridiculous when reclassed to a Paladin and can just roll over all of the early games.

Mozu really is the worst unit in Birthright. Useless at base and only has mediocre payoffs later on. If she reclasses to Archer then she ends in the same situation as Takumi being irrelevant for the entire mid-game. You could make her a Dread-fighter or Dark-Falcon, but there are way better candidates for those classes.

Is there really anyone who has dibs over Mozu on the first heart seal? Mozu is definitely the worst if she doesn't go archer immediately.

corin(lolavatar/selena (rally speed/kishi knight)/jakob (pony advantage on hard/normal goes fast) can use it.

@jedi, nobulk with the dragonstone? The hell is that kanas build x.x, (NGL I haven't played the game below lunatic yet so that sounds like a hilariously polite right side to me)

Edited by joshcja

Corrin as Nohr prince(ss) is really meh when they can go to Cavalier or Ninja immediately after getting Dragon Fang. Jakob also doesn't really have a reason to stick around as a Butler since he gets to be really ridiculous when reclassed to a Paladin and can just roll over all of the early games.

So you're fine with going into 12 without a healer? I mean, hey, that's possible - but as a general rule, do you honestly think that's a good idea?

I am so sorry silias, you did nothing to deserve this abuse.

Real talk silias with vow active and any half decent pairup is completely invulnerable in the early/mid game (lunatic ch10/17 included) with high move and the ability to actually orko anythign he damn well wants to without heavy investment, he makes a kid who is arguably better than friggin xander on her raw stats alone.

Effie has a personal skill that is conditionally 1 point better than the level 1 cav skill and is a 4 move thwomp.

She's useful early but she falls off a damn cliff if you're not turtling through the damn game on normal/hard and has no utility whatsoever.

If there is any reason why you can't funnel your kills into a powerful unit who promotes to GreatKnight, efficiently, then your style of gameplay could use some changeups. I and others are playing through Conquest briskley and the stacking of her personal skill with Elbow Room and her sheer enormous strength stat just let her carry the team.

The only difference between her and others like Camilla/Xander is shifty 2-Range and a lack of immediate move (and wings). She's not your FE6 thwomp, man.

Jakob wants it for instant GK access. Alternatively, Selena wants it asap if only to grind out of E-lances as a Sky Knight.

So you're fine with going into 12 without a healer? I mean, hey, that's possible - but as a general rule, do you honestly think that's a good idea?

Enemy clusters aside from the Ninja room (in Nohr12) offer ideal healing through the strategic use of healing items rather than healing through staves/festals. The limited runspace doesn't need to get cluttered with healers in the way.

A number of the pots heal and vulneraries are a thing. 12 isn't that hard since Camilla/Paladin Jakob rolls over everything except the Apothecaries which you don't even need to fight.

A number of the pots heal and vulneraries are a thing. 12 isn't that hard since Camilla/Paladin Jakob rolls over everything except the Apothecaries which you don't even need to fight.

If you DVein the pots, the apothecaries in the middle all get like 1/2HP bodied, leaving them with 14 HP and 0 mov. It's hard to not steamroll here when you have like 6 mounts that can OHKO them after breaking the pots.

If there is any reason why you can't funnel your kills into a powerful unit who promotes to GreatKnight, efficiently, then your style of gameplay could use some changeups. I and others are playing through Conquest briskley and the stacking of her personal skill with Elbow Room and her sheer enormous strength stat just let her carry the team.

Wow 7 whole move in the game where 10 is common

Right, now imagine if you sunk all of that exp and passivestack onto a unit who made a kid with multiple breaker access and NOS or made dracobabies with a useful lategame passive and rally. What if you let the early cav build a unit that's better at base than effie is fully promoted and stacked? And by golly what if niles made a baby who had all of his utility and multiple breakers!

Why golly gee gosh that would be much faster!!!

Effie is a good unit, but she saves 0 turns past he join chapter in a game with ONLY good units (and gunther)

Edited by joshcja

I'll grant you that, but as you've said, we've already got Camilla. Seeing as how Jakob falls off in the lategame anyway, might as well just use her. Jakob doesn't do much in that map that Camilla doesn't, aside from taking hits from the Apothecaries better, but as you've already explained, we don't need to worry too much about those anyway.

If you DVein the pots, the apothecaries in the middle all get like 1/2HP bodied, leaving them with 14 HP and 0 mov. It's hard to not steamroll here when you have like 6 mounts that can OHKO them after breaking the pots.

Note that on Lunatic mode, using the DV also halves the HP of whoever used it, and there are more enemies. You best hope, if you're doing this, that you can clear every single non-frozen enemy.

Seeing as people are wondering why Effie is at S-rank, imo she's that good. Her bad movement at the start is a blessing in most case, not everything has to go sonic fast, and in any case promoting her to GK solves her problem afterwards. Effie is basically great from start to finish, she has the power + defensive capabilities to hold chokepoints with ease. Unless your Effie really took the rng growth badly, she has good-great overall stats.

In my first playthrough with the jap copy, Effie saved many of my dying characters with shelter and surviving onslaught. She's doing the exact same thing in my recent playthrough in the NA copy, being able to withstand 1st-turn waves to bait enemies closer to my team and share exp to others is S-rank in my eyes.

Right, now imagine if you sunk all of that exp and passivestack onto a unit who made a kid with multiple breaker access and NOS or made dracobabies with a useful lategame passive and rally.

Why golly gee gosh that would be much faster!!!

Josh

The difference between funneling your EXP into bottom tier shit like Mozu for days, and funneling into upper tier units like Effie is huge. You literally do not need to spend any time wasting to grind Effie up. I don't see why you aren't getting this.

Deploy Camilla/Beruka/Silas/Effie/Elise/GK!Jakob-or-Str!Felicia and the game basically plays itself after you fullmove everyone and pairup+drop one unit who kills way harder at base than Silas and Beruka after 4 levels. That's like 1/2 of your deployment slots, too.

It's seriously not grinding as much as it "efficient play rewards you with a powerful Effie". It's not like grinding Mozu or Amelia at all.

Like, in chapter 10, with +3 str from levelups, a Str tonic and a +1 Iron Lance, she OHKOs every non-named enemy on the map except the onis (who you wouldn't put her against anyway). She and Camilla are the only units in the game who get this. Effie doesn't stop growing and the game just lets it keep working because of AttackStance strikes allowing her to help those who aren't strong (in a game where enemies are rarely OHKO'd) to finish off and get some EXP themselves.

Edited by Elieson

Not everyone has access to the amiibo figures so it makes sense to leave them out, at least for now.

I figured enough people did. But if not, then that's understandable.

Note that on Lunatic mode, using the DV also halves the HP of whoever used it, and there are more enemies. You best hope, if you're doing this, that you can clear every single non-frozen enemy.

Elise has no business being in the front at this point in the map. She's the best DVeiner you've got right there. Alternatively, Azura, if you want Elise to ferry someone up to the Apothecaries like Kaze or someone

Elise has no business being in the front at this point in the map. She's the best DVeiner you've got right there. Alternatively, Azura, if you want Elise to ferry someone up to the Apothecaries like Kaze or someone

Elise isn't even IN this map.