I gotta beat Misty.

Raven

Going through Mt. Moon right now.

Lv11 Magikarp, Lv16 Pidgey, Lv16 Pikachu. I was also raising a Nidoran-F but decided to go for Gyarados over Nidoqueen.

I found a Rare Candy so I'll be using it on Pidgey once it hits level 17.

>Pikachu surviving Bubblebeam

Just use Ivysaur, with Leech Seed + Poisonpowder + Vine Whip Starmie will go down in time and can't do too much back.

I plan to raise Bulbasaur against the trainers on the way to Bill's. I suppose raising Magikarp can hold off a bit longer.

During the fight with CUNT, Bulba hit lv.12. I expect him to evolve before Misty. I'll post with an update once I'm about to fight her.

edit: cunt is my rival's name. creative, i know

Edited by Raven

Swagger is banned yet confuse ray isn't.

One short Google trip later

"This was done because Swagger is used as a luck-based move in singles, so there is no real competitive reason to use it. The reason for the ban was largely to stop the strategy known as SwagPlay. This is where a Pokemon, especially a prankster user like Klefki or Liepard, used Swagger, Thunder Wave, and Foul Play. Confusion + Paralysis makes the victim extremely unlikely to attack. The Attack boost from Swagger makes them do more damage when they hit themselves in confusion, and also makes Foul Play do more damage when used against them. Smogon considered several options to stop this strategy, including banning Klefki and Liepard (the best users of this strategy), or banning Swagger in conjunction with the ability Prankster. In the end , they simply opted to ban the move Swagger altogether."

What glitch

the glitch where you can lose to the Rocket member at the end and keep getting Nuggets.

in RBY the game properly sets the flag that you talked to him (so if you lose he's gone since you talked to him)

FRLG doesn't set it properly though for whatever reason so you can fight him and lose for infinite moneys.

the glitch where you can lose to the Rocket member at the end and keep getting Nuggets.

in RBY the game properly sets the flag that you talked to him (so if you lose he's gone since you talked to him)

FRLG doesn't set it properly though for whatever reason so you can fight him and lose for infinite moneys.

Lose money to get money

One short Google trip later

"This was done because Swagger is used as a luck-based move in singles, so there is no real competitive reason to use it. The reason for the ban was largely to stop the strategy known as SwagPlay. This is where a Pokemon, especially a prankster user like Klefki or Liepard, used Swagger, Thunder Wave, and Foul Play. Confusion + Paralysis makes the victim extremely unlikely to attack. The Attack boost from Swagger makes them do more damage when they hit themselves in confusion, and also makes Foul Play do more damage when used against them. Smogon considered several options to stop this strategy, including banning Klefki and Liepard (the best users of this strategy), or banning Swagger in conjunction with the ability Prankster. In the end , they simply opted to ban the move Swagger altogether."

man this made competitive pokemon sound like cool, alpha bullying, and they banned it?!