New Nintendo Direct on March 3rd

DragonLord

Digital input is a 1 or a 0. Buttons and directional pads both use digital input.

Analog input varies along a spectrum. Analog sticks give X and Y coordinates between -1.0 and +1.0, allowing for a wide range of distinct values.

The GameCube's L and R buttons are analog, meaning they detect different levels of depression.

The Wii U's L and R buttons are digital and only have two input states, like a regular button.

In F-Zero GX, I may need to slide moderately with a 50% depression of the R button. This would not work on a Wii U gamepad.

Edited by Zera

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, "Monster Hunter Generations" was trademarked in Europe.

Seeing as Monster Hunter X is pretty much a crossover between all the previous generations, this is probably it's localized name.

So yeah, I'm hyped.

Oh, I see. But yeah, the GC controller adapter exists.

They've said the GC adapter is only for Smash.

Avoid releasing games that take advantage of the analog controls?

Probably the most realistic option.

Avoid releasing games that take advantage of the analog controls?

You miss on some of the best GC games, though. Sunshine, Melee, Luigi's Mansion, F-Zero... The Metroid Primes too, although those are available as part of the trilogy.

Probably the most realistic option.

Except majority of the Nintendo GCN titles took full advantage of the analog triggers ranging from

Luigi's Mansion

Super Mario Sunshine

F-Zero GX

Smash Bros Melee

etc.

It would be weird to not even have a Mario game appear on the GCN VC system.

The new pokemon games, probably a release date for Fates in EU, and I can see some more DLC for Fates being announced since it has released in the US now, and I imagine EU can't be too far behind. I can see a sneak peek of the NX, nothing even showing anything about it, just something hinting at its existence to build hype for E3. I can also see them announcing whatever Sakurai's new project is, since he supposedly is already working on something.

Edited by Tolvir

Yeah, this. There's nothing saying Nintendo can't decide to give the adapter more uses.

Other than Nintendo themselves, that is.

If they want the adapter to be Smash only, then it will be Smash only.

At this point I don't think it will be used for anything else since the NX is coming. But if it wasn't, I think Nintendo could certain go back on their word.

Not dubbing SMT/FE because gotta go full weeaboo lmao

Pokken looks pretty sweet.

Do we know if the Mewtwo card works in Smash?

I like that they had to bring someone in to justify the 3DS Metroid not being a Samus game.

Edited by Alertcircuit

SO HAPPY TO SEE PAPER MARIO! :D

And one that looks really fun! I love the color idea!

I'm also so digging Disney Art Academy. I grew up with Disney alongside Nintendo, and I'm an artist! I'd love to learn to draw Elsa, Anna, Bambi, Simba, and some old Disney princesses! Nintendo, have my money NOW.

Edited by Anacybele

Well this direct has been a bit of a trainwreck. Constantly pausing, skipping ahead and even skipping backwards for entire segments. It was quite annoying to watch and I missed everything they said about Fates because of it.

I suppose the release date could be worse.

Color Splash looks awful.

Federation Force looks very interesting.

Kirby + Giant Robots also seems really cool.

Splatoon and Mario Maker updates are my favorite part of the direct.

Edited by Scrub Lord Doof

^Star Fox Guard

I don't see why people are dismissing Color Splash so soon, we didn't see much of it. I would wait to see more of it before we start calling it a bad game.

Sasori: Sounds like you have internet problems, I didn't have any of those issues with the Direct.

Edited by Anacybele

Ah yeah, there we go. It looks pretty fun, just unusual to see it come packaged as a completely separate game. I guess it's normal priced in the end, so hey~ :v

What do you guys think of the online multiplayer zombie one? (again, the name eludes me)