New Nintendo Direct on March 3rd

DragonLord

Cci3TfoUYAAVwpT.jpg

As the title suggests, it's coming on March 3rd at 2:00 PM Pacific Time. Thoughts?

I'm personally hoping to see at least something on the new Zelda, and maybe a few surprise games for both the 3DS and Wii U.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/705014887794102272

Edited by DragonLord

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5:00 pm my time eh? That's actually pretty convenient for me.

Hoping for actual info on Sun and Moon beyond "you can play in Chinese" and Zelda U info.

And something to further hype me for DQVII retranslation, because I obviously need more hype for that :p

EU Fates release date seems likely. Pokemon Sun/Moon footage seems likely Nintendo is totally make sure they show off the game before the CoroCoro leaks. One thing I'm hoping shows up, at least as far as the Japanese Direct goes, is that they show off the final DLC set for Fates, because it's been quite a while since DLC set 2 ended there.

Some actual Pokemon Sun and Moon footage, plz!

Also, the rumored Paper Mario game for Wii U. And another Zelda Wii U teaser (save the big Zelda Wii U stuff for E3) and announcement of Zelda 30th events and stuffs. Zelda is 30 years old now!

I'm going to guess that this might be the last Wii U related Direct, since most rumors I've seen point to Nintendo's E3 being dedicated to the reveal of the NX, at which point they probably won't want to spend too much time and money on advertising games for their console that is close to being replaced (I honestly think Zelda Wii U will be the only Wii U game shown at E3, and it'll only be there because I think it's also getting an NX release, much like Twilight Princess did for the Wii and Gamecube back in 2006). So I think that, if there are any more Wii U games to be announced (such as Paper Mario Wii U, if it's real), it will be now. Speaking of Twilight Princess, we'll also probably see one last trailer for the HD remake, considering it will be coming out the day after the Direct.

On the 3DS side of things, I doubt we'll see more of Sun & Moon for two reasons: 1. they were just announced at their own dedicated Direct (albeit one that showed us very little about them), and 2. this Direct says that it will be about Summer releases, and we already know that Sun & Moon will be coming out in "Holiday 2016" (I'd be willing to bet money on November 18, i.e. exactly a week before Black Friday, as the release date for those games).

As for anything else, your guess is as good as mine. I will say that Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta Amiibo release dates are a definite possibility, though.

It says it's stuff releasing through summer, so I'm not expecting anything Sun/Moon or Zelda U related. There'll probably be Amiibo dates, some Pokken Tournament stuff, some Hyrule Warriors 3DS, and a third party showcase (Bravely Second, Dragon Quest, indie games, etc.)

Personal pipedream is that they announce Gold/Silver/Crystal for 3DS but it might be too soon for that.

It says it's stuff releasing through summer, so I'm not expecting anything Sun/Moon or Zelda U related. There'll probably be Amiibo dates, some Pokken Tournament stuff, some Hyrule Warriors 3DS, and a third party showcase (Bravely Second, Dragon Quest, indie games, etc.)

Personal pipedream is that they announce Gold/Silver/Crystal for 3DS but it might be too soon for that.

That last bit made me feel less lonely.

Actually, I'd love anyPokémon Sun/Moon, or any other Pokémon/Zelda/NX/Amiibo info. But if there is no info about Fates, they sure know how to play on Europeans' nerves. Worst scenario case is Fates coming this summer instead of the predicted April/May predictions. But even though, a late date is still better than no date.

Edited by Luxian

There isn't much that we know of that's being released through summer, though. The Direct would have to mostly be unannounced titles. I don't think it's literally only games being released through summer.

I really hope you're right about that. And if we get the release date, maybe they'll mention DLC pack 2 or Bravely Second stuff meanwhile to make it "fair".

Though if they reveal the NX, they'd have plenty of unannounced games to reveal to I guess.... This direct might be even more thrilling than we thought.

I hope for an announcement on the localization of SMTIVF and EOV (Especially EOV, the game has barely been announced and im already hyped as all hell.)

Oh thank God, it's another Direct and it's after school!

Honestly, all I really want is:

1.) The direct be longer than 5-10 minutes

2.)A EU Fates release date. I may live in Georgia and the game is already out here(...even though I have to wait to get it due to school circumstances dang cap and gown for graduation...), I just want those still waiting for the game release date to finally get one because...this crap is taking too long.

3.)Zelda and Paper Mario Wii U info (obviously)

4.)Roy, Corrin, and Cloud amiibo info (need to get on pre-ordering that before they become like the other FE amiibos and become $20+)

5.)(Probably won't happen) Nintendo somewhat adresses the issues that came with Fates (Special Edition, skinship issue, etc.). I've kinda gotten past that stuff (although the whole SE things still kinda stings), but it's more for the acknowledgement of it since they were issues that Nintendo never really fixed "Directly" (;3) !

6.) (Another unlikely) Pokemon Sun and Moon stuff. Maybe they wanted the last (pokemon) direct to be more of a milestone and celebrate the 20th anniversary of pokemon...or not. Who knows?

7.)Pokken Tournament info

8.)...hmm...anything else I want or are interested in (any rpg or strategy game will do) and that'll make my wallet weep (the poor thing... why do cap and gowns cost so much )

...That's off the top of my head. Maybe I'll think of something before the Direct tomorrow!

Edited by Busterman64